Melbourne Football

International Champions Cup 2015

Cinnamon

The cityzens campaign should have given it's members a break on prices for the city games.

But now that you mention all 3 games, i might do all three. Gold for the madrid v city, silver for madrid v as roma and bronze for roma city.

Edited by Deviant

Just got tickets to Real vs City, got the cheapest possible ones, active area tickets lol. Don't support either, just wanna see two world class teams play.

The amount of people that'll probably only know Ronaldo at the game and squeal like little girls when he touches the ball...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received their tickets? I bought two tickets to the RM v MC game and two tickets to the RM v ROMA game and I got two of the same pair! WTF??? Anyone else had this issue?

I think they're releasing them at the end of the month.

EDIT: Only read your first question. Didn't read the rest properly. How has that happened?!

Edited by hakz7

• 1 month later...

They should organise a practice match at AAMI between Melbourne City and Manchester City where members that have signed on for 2015/2016 get to attend exclusively for a general admittance fee. It would encourage existing members to commit to the club early on and be rewarded for it in some way. Could also be a good promotional tool for future prospective members.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 4

They should organise a practice match at AAMI between Melbourne City and Manchester City where members that have signed on for 2015/2016 get to attend exclusively for a general admittance fee. It would encourage existing members to commit to the club early on and be rewarded for it in some way. Could also be a good promotional tool for future prospective members.

Presumably Man City will be based at City Football Academy, Latrobe, for their training. We should at the very least be able to see them there.

Wouldn't be surprised if our boys go to Manchester while the ManC boys are here.

• 3 months later...

MCG crowd booing the 0-0 draw. :droy:

I swear people in Aus are just fucking idiots. Booing and throwing paper planes onto the pitch during the game. Disgraceful. It's the same public that booed Nadal at the Aus Open. Just embarrassing to this nation. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

Not sure I agree with you Niko. The main reason i reackon for the booing was they felt ripped off. Now most on here knew what to expect and took it for what it was but i think at least 60k of the crowd were expecting something like they watch on tv early in the mornings. 

It's been promoted as champions trophy and some sort of prestigious cup but it's just a training session. I seriously think their sessions at La trobe would have been more intense. 

It is cringe worthy to boo the players but I think the fault lies with how it was presented and priced but tbf if it was done any other way they wouldn't get the crowd and therefore the event would fail. 

It will be interesting to see if this will be an annual thing or will collapse once the masses realize what it actually is.

• Like 5

Those fans deserve a 0-0 draw even when the current Ballon d'Or holder was playing. I'd rather watch Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast. At least it means something.

I'm still going to the Real vs Man City game but I bought the cheapest tickets so it's not like I was crazy about it.

• Like 1