Melbourne Football

The Glory Hole Crypto Pyramid (Perth Thread)

Dylan

Interesting that Glory have said outright that they have done everything by the book and the only bit they were unsure of was a "grey area" in the rules. Considering the charges, it doesnt sound very grey to me. Wonder if they will appeal.

The sort of spin warnie would be proud of.

• Like 1

Which begs the question...why wasn't the 2012/13 breach picked up by FFA in June 2013 and then say 3 points deducted at the start of 2013/14? Or in June 2014 and points deducted at the start of this season?

Unless FFA have given Perth enough rope to hang themselves. Which they have done.

• Like 1

Gallop has said that Perth will have their ladder position adjusted to 7th at the end of the home and away season and miss the finals. What isn't clear is what will happen if they finish the season in top position? Will they win the Premiers Plate? It seems ludicrous that they could but Gallop did say that their position will be adjusted at the completion of H&A season

• Like 1

So does cadete owe kingofhearts $50 or not?

That is the bigger question.

Whilst being a broke ass uni student i never say no to free money.

But its a hollow victory. I'll wait to see what Cadete says. Also this club man, we'll probably finish 6th just to piss me right off

• Like 2

Gallop has said that Perth will have their ladder position adjusted to 7th at the end of the home and away season and miss the finals. What isn't clear is what will happen if they finish the season in top position? Will they win the Premiers Plate? It seems ludicrous that they could but Gallop did say that their position will be adjusted at the completion of H&A season

No, they won't. Because the H&A season will not be "finished" until Perth have been moved down to seventh.

It's the right way of going about it. It's both punishment for the club (they have been fined as well) and for the players who have been a part of this. Whether by omission or commission doesn't matter - anyone who is being paid via a family member and who doesn't suspect that to be irregular is a complete tool.

Tony Sage and Jason Brewer have been made to look fools. And rightly so.

No, they won't. Because the H&A season will not be "finished" until Perth have been moved down to seventh.

It's the right way of going about it. It's both punishment for the club (they have been fined as well) and for the players who have been a part of this. Whether by omission or commission doesn't matter - anyone who is being paid via a family member and who doesn't suspect that to be irregular is a complete tool.

Unless I've missed something Tony Sage has stated all along he would sack Jason Brewer if the allegations were proven, as far as I can see he would only look like a fool if he didn't follow through.

In that case they shouldn't be in the position of even possibly finishing first as the Premiers Plate shouldn't be tarnished by going to the team that finishes second, even if its the first team to legally finish second. They should be demoted to 7th right now

• Like 1

So does cadete owe kingofhearts $50 or not?

That is the bigger question.

Whilst being a broke ass uni student i never say no to free money.

But its a hollow victory. I'll wait to see what Cadete says. Also this club man, we'll probably finish 6th just to piss me right off Hollow victory or not bruv, a win is a win.

I think 95% of the forum want you to claim that $50, just so we can all reminisce down the track about that one time cadete was wrong.

Maybe change your username to Steven Bradbury to commemorate such a tin arse fluke victory

• Like 3

Unless I've missed something Tony Sage has stated all along he would sack Jason Brewer if the allegations were proven, as far as I can see he would only look like a fool if he didn't follow through.

We should sign Brewer, he got us to 5th

Edited by belaguttman

So how are Perth so far over the salary cap this season when the season isn't over yet? So every dollar paid from now on is also over? I doubt it. What if they didn't pay a single dollar more in wages from today for this season, are they still over?

Or are they not actually over and it's just that they hid payments that's the issue?

Edited by Tesla

I suspect the importance of this is in regard to ACL qualification. They can still qualify I reckon. Edit - totally wrong ACL is specifically excluded. Edited by Shahanga

So how are Perth so far over the salary cap this season when the season isn't over yet? So every dollar paid from now on is also over? I doubt it. What if they didn't pay a single dollar more in wages from today for this season, are they still over?

Or are they not actually over and it's just that they hid payments that's the issue?

Good question. I suspect it's the later. They made dodgy payments to 3rd parties.

Good question. I suspect it's the later. They made dodgy payments to 3rd parties.

It's both. The FFA statement says that since the beginning of this season they have been operating $400,000 above the salary cap - in other words, had FFA not jumped on them and detected the rule breaches they would have been $400,000 over by the end of the contract periods. The adjustments they are trying to make now - ending Nichols' loan and deferring a couple of payments until next season - aren't enough to compensate what they've already paid to third parties.

• Like 1

So they are fining Perth from 3 seasons ago yet Sydney-Frank-Lowy FC cheated in the first season and were able to keep the premiers plate. Double standards here. And how are Sydney FC under the cap now with the players they have? The average players must be on a very average wage.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

So they are fining Perth from 3 seasons ago yet Sydney-Frank-Lowy FC cheated in the first season and were able to keep the premiers plate. Double standards here. And how are Sydney FC under the cap now with the players they have? The average players must be on a very average wage.

The whole FFAxSydney conspiracy theories which constantly pop up in this forum get a little old... different circumstances and different context.

Sydney have made good use of the injury replacement rule. They also have made good use of their marquee spots. Then they have a bunch of youngsters on probably minimum wage.

I'm more suspicious about the visitors TBH. Surely not legitimately under the cap.

Sydney have made good use of the injury replacement rule. They also have made good use of their marquee spots. Then they have a bunch of youngsters on probably minimum wage.

I'm more suspicious about the visitors TBH. Surely not legitimately under the cap.

khalfallah barbarouses delpiere valeri coe would probly all be on decent money

Surely at least $1m between those 5.

Then you have Thompson, Georgievski, Finkler who are also on good money you'd think. Broxham would probably earn a decent amount too.

Edited by Tesla

Then you have Thompson, Georgievski, Finkler who are also on good money you'd think. Broxham would probably earn a decent amount too.

forgot about the maco, he was in the ucl not too long ago i think, they probly have all 3 of those melling type youth contracts being used to free up space but would it be enough

forgot about the maco, he was in the ucl not too long ago i think, they probly have all 3 of those melling type youth contracts being used to free up space but would it be enough

The thing is, the visitors, just like Sydney and even us, fill their remaining places with youngsters who are most likely on the minimum or at least close to it. You look at Perth's squad, and there arent too many players there that would be on the minimum or close to it. That's really what makes the difference.

From this article - http://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/perth-glory-fined-269000-and-booted-out-of-aleague-finals-series-for-salary-cap-breaches-20150410-1mifve.html

'Perth Glory tried to bring their salary cap breach down by agreeing with players to withhold payments until next season. However, the FFA ruled that practice to trim salary expenditure in the final two months of reporting is not permitted.'

Well the first 2 seasons were very minor as, when you took away the media hype, seemed to be the case. It's this season they've gone to town.

And we all thought our club was slack not being able to sign a striker of Keogh's quality under the cap..

I do not understand why the FFA didn't crack down on it in the very first season they were over. Basically what they're saying is that if you're only over the cap by a certain ammount it's okay, but if you exceed that extra ammount then you're cheating. From the moment they went over by even a cent thwy should have been punished. Obviously smaller punishmemts for smaller infringements but to let it go on for three seasons before you act is a complete joke.

Well the first 2 seasons were very minor as, when you took away the media hype, seemed to be the case. It's this season they've gone to town.

And we all thought our club was slack not being able to sign a striker of Keogh's quality under the cap..

I do not understand why the FFA didn't crack down on it in the very first season they were over. Basically what they're saying is that if you're only over the cap by a certain ammount it's okay, but if you exceed that extra ammount then you're cheating. From the moment they went over by even a cent thwy should have been punished. Obviously smaller punishmemts for smaller infringements but to let it go on for three seasons before you act is a complete joke. Don't think they found out about the previous seasons until they dug into it recently...

I do not understand why the FFA didn't crack down on it in the very first season they were over. Basically what they're saying is that if you're only over the cap by a certain ammount it's okay, but if you exceed that extra ammount then you're cheating. From the moment they went over by even a cent thwy should have been punished. Obviously smaller punishmemts for smaller infringements but to let it go on for three seasons before you act is a complete joke.

I would guess that there is a smallish margin that is allowed to cater for unforeseen circumstances - perhaps, off the top of my head, something like a visa player having to go home for family reasons during the season and the expenses associated with that - and that provided an adequate explanation is provided to FFA then that would be allowed to pass. But in this case Perth appear to have deliberately set out to conceal payments made to players and agents and appear to have knowingly flouted the rules.

The whole season is now tainted. Honestly the cap should jut go, it was pretty borderline as to whether the benefits outweighed the costs before this incident, but now when you factor in that cap breaches like the are a reality and can ruin a season and bring the game into disrepute, it pushes the costs above the benefits.