Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

FFA run the HAL with an iron fist. In the startup phase of a business I guess this is the way it goes until it has momentum and turns a profit. With CFG money and global influence, I can see FFA/Lowy/Gallop having to relax their control in the coming years and be more accomodating of the owners interests or find CFG taking their investment elsewhere and scaring off new investors.

Its frustrating to read how many constraints the FFA places on the clubs. Very controlling.

As for the Ticker issue I don't get the hate either. I understand that he is a stupid looking mascot (although the obvious alternative would have been a big Heart with arms and legs which would have been just as bad imo) but if the kids like it and it makes their day better I couldn't really care less.

Its frustrating to read how many constraints the FFA places on the clubs. Very controlling.

As for the Ticker issue I don't get the hate either. I understand that he is a stupid looking mascot (although the obvious alternative would have been a big Heart with arms and legs which would have been just as bad imo) but if the kids like it and it makes their day better I couldn't really care less.

+1. This is what Ticker is all about and it's great to see the kids with him/her. Not for us big boys

Ticker is a man. An American man who used to work in Hollywood as a stuntman.

There are probably several Tickers then, The one I've met is a female gymnast & PE teacher

There are probably several Tickers then, The one I've met is a female gymnast & PE teacher

Stop wrecking the magic!

• Like 2

Stop wrecking the magic!

It's like discovering that Santa isn't real.

• Like 1

I think its a nice story that it was Yarraside that provided the base for the new badge after CFG saw the flag in the terrace :up:

Its a good legacy for Yarraside and the red and white campaign to have.

That meeting seems to flies in the face of the people who thought that our home jersey was going to originally be our away and our away our third kit. I think they are committed to the red and white, as our away kit unfortunately, but still that's better that nothing.

How many other a-league clubs fans other than ours have actually made an major impact on their clubs logo? 0.

Edited by Tbitm

I think its a nice story that it was Yarraside that provided the base for the new badge after CFG saw the flag in the terrace :up:

Its a good legacy for Yarraside and the red and white campaign to have.

That meeting seems to flies in the face of the people who thought that our home jersey was going to originally be our away and our away our third kit. I think they are committed to the red and white, as our away kit unfortunately, but still that's better that nothing.

How many other a-league clubs fans other than ours have actually made an major impact on their clubs logo? 0.

Very good point, even internationally, not many clubs fans can say they had a direct influence in the Logo

Isn't the concerning bit that you have two fixture requests, and we made ours, but only got one of them?

Begs the question as to whether we should have requested a non-GP clash as opposed to a home first round.

i rather a round 1 game than to get out of the GP timeslot tbh

Isn't the concerning bit that you have two fixture requests, and we made ours, but only got one of them?

Begs the question as to whether we should have requested a non-GP clash as opposed to a home first round.

How hard must it (not) be for FFA to schedule away games for both Melbourne teams during Grand Prix week. It wouldn't be a problem for the Sydney teams of the Grand Prix were in Sydney

• Like 1

And I'm sure your individual preference was taken into account by the Club. 

The post from Torn seems to suggest that the Club was resigned to not having a home fixture for Round 1 - so why ask for it? Sort out other problem areas and then that comes along when the Club warrants a favourable draw (through winning and larger crowds).

Also, isn't there that Monster Trucks issues with AAMI Park which FFA would have been on notice about?

How hard must it (not) be for FFA to schedule away games for both Melbourne teams during Grand Prix week. It wouldn't be a problem for the Sydney teams of the Grand Prix were in Sydney

I recall that there was this concept that there would always be a game in Melbourne, hence the alternating home/away fixtures of Victory and us. But why not put our home game on a Friday night? Isn't that an easy and feasible solution?

I recall that there was this concept that there would always be a game in Melbourne, hence the alternating home/away fixtures of Victory and us. But why not put our home game on a Friday night? Isn't that an easy and feasible solution?

Any of those solutions would have been possible - and still are. Honestly, one would have to think that scheduling a Heart/City match to conflict with the GP two years in a row is a deliberate and bloody-minded act by someone in FFA.

It's not even that, it's having us play 5pm Sunday, the exact time the race starts. Friday or Saturday night game at home would be fine. May even attract a few hundred more people in town for the race weekend.

Stupidity on behalf of the FFA.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic