Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

Excellent work Torn. Greatly appreciated. Not suprised about the things out of their control.

Complete agreement. It's interesting that a number of the concerns of supporters are shared by club management. Eventually FFA are going to have to give way. How absurd, for example, that FFA prevents us from having a team in a lower competition. Just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. Mostly sounds reasonable enough. My only concern is the statement:
"With regards to a commitment to Red and White going forward, the club believes the logo clearly achieves this."

That could be taken as saying in the future we may lose the red and white in the uniform but we will retain it in the badge and that should be good enough. 
 That might be me being cynical or it could just be the way the notes were recorded 

Thanks TA for the detailed update.

A lot of positives.

The Manchester City colour scheme is still a major sticking point with me, as is the whole football group concept, even with the clear improvement in standards. Away games are generally too far to travel to in order to watch my side in the colours I associate with. Hopefully there will still be plenty of red around the stands.

1. Good news about So Happy Together.  

2.  I am still cut up about us only playing in our club colours away from home.  Unfortunately though the present management seems to ask us to choice between going on a psycho rampage or just HTFU.  

3. I don't get it why so many hate Ticker so much.  I reckon mascots are just there for the little uns.  If you're not a little un its really nothing to do with you, so just ignore him (which is what I do)

• Like 1

Great stuff. The FRG has always been a very good concept, and especially now with more secretive, or less communicative, management I think the FRG is truly showing its worth.

Excellent work Torn. Greatly appreciated. Not suprised about the things out of their control.

Complete agreement. It's interesting that a number of the concerns of supporters are shared by club management. Eventually FFA are going to have to give way. How absurd, for example, that FFA prevents us from having a team in a lower competition. Just doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty certain it's the fault of the FFV, and maybe some Victorian clubs that complained about us having a team in a Victorian league, and not the FFA. 

Thanks for the update. Mostly sounds reasonable enough. My only concern is the statement:
"With regards to a commitment to Red and White going forward, the club believes the logo clearly achieves this."

That could be taken as saying in the future we may lose the red and white in the uniform but we will retain it in the badge and that should be good enough. 
 That might be me being cynical or it could just be the way the notes were recorded 

I've got the same concern. The legacy of Melbourne Heart at this club still isn't that clear. I'd like the club to at the very least keep the away kit red & white, and whilst the above quote about the logo doesn't suggest the away kit is certain to stay red & white, this quote does:

at present there are no plans to mix / change colours further, with clear home colours and clear away colours.

I don't like to read much into what the club or Man City says, but "clear away colours" rather explicitly indicates that the club will keep red & white as our away colours. It had better, because it's the very least that Melbourne Heart deserves.  

Pretty much everything else gets a tick from me. And the club wanting a round 1 home game, the club keeping SHT and last season's pre-game announcer no longer being at the club all get a big tick from me.

• Like 1

I agree with Malloy.

I think the Xmas derby should be a non negotiable with us. I would be fine playing away every round one to keep the Xmas derby. Most are on holidays and so it gives us a great opportunity to create a huge buzz around the city

I agree with Malloy.

I think the Xmas derby should be a non negotiable with us. I would be fine playing away every round one to keep the Xmas derby. Most are on holidays and so it gives us a great opportunity to create a huge buzz around the city

If managed and marketed correctly can become a lock year in year out. Comparable to Boxing Day And Anzac Day.

Here is my update from the FRG meeting from last night, presented generally in the order things were discussed.

From Jason Hoffman Football Club (JHFC), Scott Munn and David Lyon were in attendance. From the FRG, there were 6 representatives, including a new member representing the Melburnians.

Initially there was a bit of a round table on how everyone feels following the rebranding and the membership release. In summary:

- most people were generally positive, with some having a wait & see Jason Hoffman

- there seems to be a good vibe and sense of excitement building, and there are clearly higher levels of professionalism on show from the club, matched by a new found expectation for success. HQ videos and Jason Hoffman content is much appreciated.

- there is still a level of consternation / conflict over losing the red and white as a the home kit, but it seems the majority are generally happy or accepting of the changes, which has been demonstrated by the membership numbers thus far

- It was stressed that we want to be Hoffman City, not a mini Manchester City

- It was noted that Jason Hoffman is really popular - SM noted that the badge came about through Simon Pearce / MCFC Management seeing the flag together in YarraSide. It was decided then and there that this Jason Hoffman would form the basis of the club badge as it ticked all the boxes for the new owners

- It was tabled that Hoffman want to be inclusive for pre City, and new supporters

- DL indicated that around 900 active memberships have been sold thus far to see Jason Hoffman

- It was stressed that Melburnian want to keep So Happy Together with Jason Hoffman

In terms of why we had to change name / colours, it was stated that as part of being owned by CG, there had to be a commonality between CG's clubs

SM indicated that even with CG on on board, the desire to achieve success at the Hoff has not changed. Those at the Hoff always knew what they wanted to do - they just did not have the means. Now, with CG's investment, the means are finally there.

JHFC want the FRG to continue as it is seen as a highly important means to sound out ideas and gauge opinions from a snapshot of supporters, and also, that it taps into the online forums / social media. The FRG admin (Hoffman) and representative selection will continue to be managed by club. The need to bring in new / additional members will be considered by the club to ensure that there still is a representative cross section of supporters.

Fan forums, as run in the past, will not continue at this stage. There will be occasional targeted engagement, including random member / supporter Q & A before, during and after games.

This season, Jason Hoffman members will get key rings.

Fixed.

Not sure why we have to request the Christmas Derby. It's a massive winner for the A League and FFA.

For me easily the best match of the year. Such a buzz of excitement and camaraderie amongst the home fans. I agree that we should not have to request it - it should be one of the immovables around which the season's fixture is determined.

It's an example how you build the competition into the hearts and minds of people. Already, after just four seasons, it's known as "The Christmas Derby" and no further descriptor is required. That's a measure of its significance.

My red-and-white Santa hat is neatly folded just waiting...

• Like 1

Here is my update from the FRG meeting from last night, presented generally in the order things were discussed.

From Jason Hoffman Football Club (JHFC), Scott Munn and David Lyon were in attendance. From the FRG, there were 6 representatives, including a new member representing the Melburnians.

Initially there was a bit of a round table on how everyone feels following the rebranding and the membership release. In summary:

- most people were generally positive, with some having a wait & see Jason Hoffman

- there seems to be a good vibe and sense of excitement building, and there are clearly higher levels of professionalism on show from the club, matched by a new found expectation for success. HQ videos and Jason Hoffman content is much appreciated.

- there is still a level of consternation / conflict over losing the red and white as a the home kit, but it seems the majority are generally happy or accepting of the changes, which has been demonstrated by the membership numbers thus far

- It was noted that Jason Hoffman is really popular - SM noted that the badge came about through Simon Pearce / MCFC Management seeing the flag together in YarraSide. It was decided then and there that this Jason Hoffman would form the basis of the club badge as it ticked all the boxes for the new owners

- It was tabled that Hoffman want to be inclusive for pre City, and new supporters

- DL indicated that around 900 active memberships have been sold thus far to see Jason Hoffman

- It was stressed that Melburnian want to keep So Happy Together with Jason Hoffman

In terms of why we had to change name / colours, it was stated that as part of being owned by CG, there had to be a commonality between CG's clubs

SM indicated that even with CG on on board, the desire to achieve success at the Hoff has not changed. Those at the Hoff always knew what they wanted to do - they just did not have the means. Now, with CG's investment, the means are finally there.

JHFC want the FRG to continue as it is seen as a highly important means to sound out ideas and gauge opinions from a snapshot of supporters, and also, that it taps into the online forums / social media. The FRG admin (Hoffman) and representative selection will continue to be managed by club. The need to bring in new / additional members will be considered by the club to ensure that there still is a representative cross section of supporters.

Fan forums, as run in the past, will not continue at this stage. There will be occasional targeted engagement, including random member / supporter Q & A before, during and after games.

Fixed.

Grow up.

Fixed.

Grow up. You need to grow down

Fixed. Grow up.You need to grow down

You both need to grow around

Fixed. Grow up.You need to grow down

You both need to grow around get hoffed.

Fixed.Grow up.You need to grow down You both need to grow around get hoffed.

I've had enhoff of it

Fixed.Grow up.You need to grow down You both need to grow around get hoffed.

I've had enhoff of it before I get banned, I'm gonna Hoff to stop now

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic