Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

15 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

I find the fabric this year more comfortable and less plasticy actually.

Me too. And it stil feels cheap. Go into Rebel and pick up our kit then pick up the socceroos/man city kits and compare. Ours are terrible quality by comparison.

The ISC kits are the best we have ever had.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Please elaborate on the Sausage situation. Why wasn't it there last game? 

Cause we have no fans caterers don't wanna open it

edit to elaborate; we have no fans because results are shit, results are shit because our couch is shit. Therefore no sausages is JVS fault 

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Cause we have no fans caterers don't wanna open it

edit to elaborate; we have no fans because results are shit, results are shit because our couch is shit. Therefore no sausages is JVS fault 

Wow. Do they not know they have a whole fan base ready to spill blood for their sausages? 

Thanks Murfy. It is good to read that the club is definitively making the case that the results are down to injuries and that they are not buying the idea that it is the training pitch. Lets see what changes they can make and whether they are prepared to make them during the season.

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Looks like my suggestion of a sky blue and white stripes (like heart) that I put on city voice might happen

Make it happen cfg 

image.jpeg

Too Argentinian. You'll lose the latinos.

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

There will be some pretty unhappy people from the real Melbourne City if that happened.

I know right haha. Id actually prefer hoops. I reckon that WSW's first away kit was one of the best ive seen.

Edited by Dylan

57 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

@Murfy1 I too appreciate your effort (& @Torn Asunderof course). Nice to hear that marketing buzz words seem to have taken a back seat.

I found the use of the term "full support" interesting though. It's misuse in football has been so common that now it's considered code for "about to be sacked".  Have to wonder why he used it.

I still think that the decision has already been made and they are either looking for a replacement. Or, if its Gombau, giving him some background information and looking for assistants he might want to bring in, before he comes in so he can hit the ground running. With the staff, I think they define coaches and staff differently. So staff probably means, that adelaide guy, the new physio head and that guy from Western Bulldogs. As well as the other staff behind the scenes. 

Really, behind the scenes the club has been doing amazingly well. 

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Murfy1 said:

Jerseys

- Next season's home jersey will be predominantly white, with some sky blue (and no navy). Next season's away jersey will be red and white. So over the next 22 months the club will have a predominantly white home jersey and a red and white away jersey. These jerseys and the club badge is one way the club is uniquely Melbourne, and not a "mini-Manchester" club

This!

But I still don't understand why they couldn't have done a red stripe instead of a navy stripe. To be honest I don't even care about the away jersey, they could've done whatever they like with that. I just wanted a home jersey that acknowledges the past. 

Edited by benzema23
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, benzema23 said:

This!

But I still don't understand why they couldn't have done a red stripe instead of a navy stripe. To be honest I don't even care about the away jersey, they could've done whatever they like with that. I just wanted a home jersey that acknowledges the past. 

That's all I want something of our own. Also kits for the women's team that actually fit the them. Sky blue top with red piping I don't care just something that is ours. With Red, Sky blue and White it's the old and the new and something that is Melbourne's.

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic