Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

I am not sure whether this is the right topic to post in but can someone from the FRG feedback to the club about the way they handle the kits? In particular the Away ones? we are already in the 3rd round and they have yet to offer the Away kit to the public.. that is piss poor.. Merch online is s***house .. And now I heard the home kit has sold out? WTF??? 

Yeah I'm waiting for the away kit to come out. Don't care what CFG want, we are red and white. The online store is the worst I've seen. So much easier ordering on the Liverpool Online Store than this one.

Could the FRG Reps make mention of the fact that security and ushers were making people stand in their seats as described on memberships in the Active Area, as opposed to having choice of location in the Active Area as is advertised?

I just spoke to the membership department and mentioned in the course of some other queries. The girl said that she hadn't heard anything about it and knew that it was an issue in previous seasons, but not this one. She said she would pass the message on the the Fan Engagement Manager for feedback but was unsure if he could do anything before tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

Could the FRG Reps make mention of the fact that security and ushers were making people stand in their seats as described on memberships in the Active Area, as opposed to having choice of location in the Active Area as is advertised?

I just spoke to the membership department and mentioned in the course of some other queries. The girl said that she hadn't heard anything about it and knew that it was an issue in previous seasons, but not this one. She said she would pass the message on the the Fan Engagement Manager for feedback but was unsure if he could do anything before tomorrow night. 

Just send a private message to drewmelbcity instead

^^ Doubt it.

The club brand was damaged very deeply , and as friends of mine had said, the name became synonymous with failure.

Without investment and confidence, we were going backwards fast. Changing that perception was going to take a lot to get us back on track in the eyes of the general public.

I agree, but you don't have to rebrand to change perception, you need to change the team performance to change perception.

Out of curiosity, do you have any examples of clubs that have changed from failure to success? The only one I can think of was Hawthorn here in Melbourne, Sydney are a transplanted South Melbourne that have only succeeded by substantial amounts of money from the AFL. Fitzroy technically merged with Brisbane Bears but really not many remember Fitzroy. Outside of Oz I have no idea (actually outside of AFL).

South Sydney, north Queensland, wallabies(up untill the last few years) man City, roar

Here's a few more form my random life experiences:

Wynnum Manly 

Penrith

Eltham Redbacks

Palm Beach

• W-M were perennial easy beats in the BRL in the 1970s.  Turned it around in the 80s.  At 1 point had half the Queensland State of Origin team.
  • Penrith.  Played in a horrible brown (actually brown is always horrible) jersey, chaos off field, crap on field.  Nickname "chocolate soldiers", because if you turned the heat up, they melted.  Sorted out off the field, THEN they won their premiership.  
  • Eltham.  A poorly run club in a rundown facility with seniors kicking it around in Prov State League 3.  The best players at the club played in the 3rds, any kids with talent took off elsewhere.  Sorted out off the field, including facilities, on field first title in ~45 years, looking like a million bucks.
  • Palm Beach.  A mid table Gold Coast league club most famous because my mate's car was stolen from there one night during our match (well famous to me, seeing as he'd given me a lift to the game!), now they are the number one sub A League club in Queensland. 

Of these the only ones who substantially changed their jersey was Penrith (they really needed to, to shed that "chocolate soldier" tag)

Everyone who has ever turned around a club says the same thing.

First you sort out OFF THE FIELD then you sort out on the field.

I haven't seen enough to know if CFG are on track off the field yet.  They sorted out the training facilities, which were previously beyond a joke, but on the flip side they turned the PR coup of bringing in Villa into a PR stuff up.

Just send a private message to drewmelbcity instead

I have no issue people are more than welcome to take my seat/ standing area first you got to find it ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back to the away jerseys being made available while down in melbourne over the last few days on a business trip the nice people at the f1 sports store on Elizabeth st basically said to don't hold you breath on the away jersey. It's not coming out....no release date, nothing

the longer this goes on the more i'm getting pissed off, we've had shit reebok, isc, kappa and now that we have nike we can't even get a red and white kit

disappointment everywhere with the club

Getting back to the topic of this thread...is the FRG as it is constituted at the moment still relevant to the "supporter groups" for Melbourne City as opposed to the old Heart set-up? What is the schedule for meetings for the remainder of this season? Is it possible to get more substantial and meaningful issues on to the table for discussion?

I'd be pretty sure that any supporter other than someone who looks at this forum would not even know that the FRG exists.

• Like 2

Getting back to the topic of this thread...is the FRG as it is constituted at the moment still relevant to the "supporter groups" for Melbourne City as opposed to the old Heart set-up? What is the schedule for meetings for the remainder of this season? Is it possible to get more substantial and meaningful issues on to the table for discussion?

I'd be pretty sure that any supporter other than someone who looks at this forum would not even know that the FRG exists.

FWIW the FRG was never relevant to Yarraside as our official stance on the FRG was to have nothing to do with the thing.

JW, as far as i know, the FRG is still relevant to Melbourne City FC, and now includes a member of the Melburnians.  So far as its relevance to the supporter groups, this forum at least definitely has a voice via the FRG.

A meeting only just been confirmed for next Wednesday, and the topic for discussion will be the Cityzens program.

So if anyone has anything specific in regard to this program they want me to table, let me know.  I am not fully across the program just yet ... will hopefully dedicate some hours to it in the coming days.

Perhaps, rather than just posting negatives about the program (am I being too presumptuous?), let me know things you like about the program, as well as all the stuff that needs improvement.

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic