Melbourne Football

Our Australian marquee man

n i k o

It looks like advertising and promoting will be stepped up when there's a month to go until Melbourne City's first game, with this marketing/branding/promoting company GAGA today announcing that Melbourne City is a client:

Blog_Melbourne-700x330.jpg

G A G A  I S  L I V E  I N  A U S T R A L I A !

Today, GAGA is proud to announce our first Australian and newest client Melbourne City Football Club. GAGA is on tap to help Melbourne FC build a large opt-in database to increase ticket sales and commercial revenues. Out of the gates, GAGA will launch a 30 Day Countdown to the Season Opener with a daily campaign culminating with the match vs. Sydney FC the 11th of October

“Australia has been a target region for us this quarter and we’re thrilled to get started.” –Jamie Pardi

GAGA will be managing the campaigns and leveraging existing assets, while creating new opportunities daily for the Manchester City FC marketing team utilize.

“This newest partnership allows GAGA to scale’s its technology across an entire network of English speaking Manchester City FC owned clubs. First there was the EPL Champions Manchester City FC. Then New York City FC on boarded with GAGA.  Now with Melbourne City FC joining the network, this now creates a very powerful triad of data collection strategies for commercial activation.” 

Melbourne City FC is a professional soccer club based in Melbourne, Australia. The team competes in the country’s premier competition, the A-League, under license from Football Federation Australia. Known until June 2014 as Melbourne Heart, the club entered the competition in the 2010–11 season after its formation in June 2009. In January 2014, the club was acquired by Manchester City, in partnership with the Australian rugby league club Melbourne Storm. GAGA already counts Manchester City FC  as a client.

The club is run from a facility based at La Trobe University, and plays matches at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium, commercially known as AAMI Park, a 30,050 seat multi-use venue in Melbourne’s City Centre.

Stay tuned for campaign links!

http://gaga-inc.com/melfc/

So hopefully some strong promoting is finally coming.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

It looks like advertising and promoting will be stepped up when there's a month to go until Melbourne City's first game, with this marketing/branding/promoting company GAGA today announcing that Melbourne City is a client:

G A G A I S L I V E I N A U S T R A L I A !

Today, GAGA is proud to announce our first Australian and newest client Melbourne City Football Club. GAGA is on tap to help Melbourne FC build a large opt-in database to increase ticket sales and commercial revenues. Out of the gates, GAGA will launch a 30 Day Countdown to the Season Opener with a daily campaign culminating with the match vs. Sydney FC the 11th of October

“Australia has been a target region for us this quarter and we’re thrilled to get started.” –Jamie Pardi

[/font]

GAGA will be managing the campaigns and leveraging existing assets, while creating new opportunities daily for the Manchester City FC marketing team utilize.

“This newest partnership allows GAGA to scale’s its technology across an entire network of English speaking Manchester City FC owned clubs. First there was the EPL Champions Manchester City FC. Then New York City FC on boarded with GAGA. Now with Melbourne City FC joining the network, this now creates a very powerful triad of data collection strategies for commercial activation.”

[/font]

Melbourne City FC is a professional soccer club based in Melbourne, Australia. The team competes in the country’s premier competition, the A-League, under license from Football Federation Australia. Known until June 2014 as Melbourne Heart, the club entered the competition in the 2010–11 season after its formation in June 2009. In January 2014, the club was acquired by Manchester City, in partnership with the Australian rugby league club Melbourne Storm. GAGA already counts Manchester City FC as a client.

The club is run from a facility based at La Trobe University, and plays matches at Melbourne Rectangular Stadium, commercially known as AAMI Park, a 30,050 seat multi-use venue in Melbourne’s City Centre.

Sounds promising

Today, GAGA is proud to announce our first Australian and newest client Melbourne City Football Club. GAGA is on tap to help Melbourne FC build a large opt-in database to increase ticket sales and commercial revenues. Out of the gates, GAGA will launch a 30 Day Countdown to the Season Opener with a daily campaign culminating with the match vs. Sydney FC the 11th of October

“Australia has been a target region for us this quarter and we’re thrilled to get started.” –Jamie Pardi

“This newest partnership allows GAGA to scale’s its technology across an entire network of English speaking Manchester City FC owned clubs. First there was the EPL Champions Manchester City FC. Then New York City FC on boarded with GAGA.  Now with Melbourne City FC joining the network, this now creates a very powerful triad of data collection strategies for commercial activation.” 

Melbourne City FC is a professional soccer club based in Melbourne, Australia. The team competes in the country’s premier competition, the A-League, under license from Football Federation Australia. Known until June 2014 as Melbourne Heart, the club entered the competition in the 2010–11 season after its formation in June 2009. In January 2014, the club was acquired by Manchester City, in partnership with the Australian rugby league club Melbourne Storm. GAGA already counts Manchester City FC  as a client.

Well, that link doesn't work for me, and I can find nothing about Melbourne City on the GAGA website.

IMO we shouldn't just sign an "Australian marquee" for the sake of it. Why not move Mooy outside the cap, thus freeing up more room under the cap for better quality signings there?

Really the "Australian marquee" label is just a device for paying someone outside the cap.

Today, GAGA is proud to announce our first Australian and newest client Melbourne City Football Club. GAGA is on tap to help Melbourne FC build a large opt-in database to increase ticket sales and commercial revenues. Out of the gates, GAGA will launch a 30 Day Countdown to the Season Opener with a daily campaign culminating with the match vs. Sydney FC...

Well, that link doesn't work for me, and I can find nothing about Melbourne City on the GAGA website.

Save your money MCFC, there's a website that can generate a 30 day Countdown for FREE!!

2ynkxo6.jpg

Thankfully I posted their announcement. It looks like they have taken it down now. They don't seem to have any old announcements for their other clients either.

They still have the above pic on their website, http://gaga-inc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Blog_Melbourne-700x330.jpg , so clearly it's not an elaborate hoax on my part lol

And as their home website reveals (here http://gaga-inc.com/) Man City FC and NYCFC are clients, so Melb City would presumably have a de facto relationship with GAGA anyway. 

Anyway it was just a fairly strong suggestion that the club's current level of advertising/promotion (or lack thereof) won't continue forever, and around the time the AFL and rugby seasons come to an end, with a few weeks to go before Melbourne City's first game, the club will step up its advertising and promotion.

• Like 2

IMO we shouldn't just sign an "Australian marquee" for the sake of it. Why not move Mooy outside the cap, thus freeing up more room under the cap for better quality signings there?

Really the "Australian marquee" label is just a device for paying someone outside the cap.

I have absolutely no doubt that the club has thought of this. For the fact that mooy hasn't been announced as australian marquee is quite a clear indication the the intentions of the club are to have someone else as australian marquee.

Thankfully I posted their announcement. It looks like they have taken it down now. They don't seem to have any old announcements for their other clients either.

They still have the above pic on their website, http://gaga-inc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Blog_Melbourne-700x330.jpg , so clearly it's not an elaborate hoax on my part lol

And as their home website reveals (here http://gaga-inc.com/) Man City FC and NYCFC are clients, so Melb City would presumably have a de facto relationship with GAGA anyway. 

Anyway it was just a fairly strong suggestion that the club's current level of advertising/promotion (or lack thereof) won't continue forever, and around the time the AFL and rugby seasons come to an end, with a few weeks to go before Melbourne City's first game, the club will step up its advertising and promotion.

Murf, I found a cached version of GAGA's blog here http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:eJ0IygA6GAAJ:gaga-inc.com/blog/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au. The announcement was definitely made on 8th September but has since been deleted. 

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Murf, I found a cached version of GAGA's blog here http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:eJ0IygA6GAAJ:gaga-inc.com/blog/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au. The announcement was definitely made on 8th September but has since been deleted.

Sacked already.

JVS must be worried.

Well, by my reckoning there are 30 days to go - 30 days 7 hours and 6 minutes according to the club's own web-site.

So if this GAGA mob are really on board we should see something within 24 hours.

Can't really see why someone would announce a new client and then delete the announcement though. Perhaps someone jumped the gun?

Pure guess actually haha.

Fuck I'm happy I was wrong anyway

I'm hearing that when you're purely making a guess or going off twitter speculation that its best to not go posting over multiple threads something that sounds factual. Makes you look quite the fool.... Just what I'm hearing.

We are going to bake someone for speculating?

Then we might as well close down the whole "season prediction" thread because that is all that thread is, peoples speculation on where we are going to finish, who is going to do a mifsud by seasons end etc.

Give the Demon_Heart a break.

• Like 1

I'm hearing that when you're purely making a guess or going off twitter speculation that its best to not go posting over multiple threads something that sounds factual. Makes you look quite the fool.... Just what I'm hearing.

Then we might as well close down the whole "season prediction" thread because that is all that thread is, peoples speculation on where we are going to finish, who is going to do a mifsud by seasons end etc.

Speculation is fine, but when you come out with 'hearing its Kennedy' when you dont know shit it's annoying.

• Like 2

Speculation is fine, but when you come out with 'hearing its Kennedy' when you dont know shit it's annoying.

I understand considering the debacle with Lampard 

What i'm getting at as a supporter group enjoy the signing rather than bake people. I'm stoked Partaalu under the cap we can only hope Jesus comes before season starts and snag Tom King for left back and then will look like a pretty nice squad 

• 2 weeks later...

We've done a great job with a number of our signings - Mooy and Partaalu under the cap in particular - but I really wonder about our Australian marquee player place.

It's pretty bloody obvious that we need a reliable central striker - not someone who's necessarily going to win the Golden Boot, but someone who's going to regularly put those simple chances into the back of the net.

I'm still not sure that Kennedy is the right man in terms of his age and overall fitness.

We do have the ability to pay a transfer fee, and a good salary to the right player; plus we can offer regular game time instead of warming the bench with some foreign club, we're part of the City Stable of Clubs, and we have some good other players already in our squad. Just for starters, quite apart from the lifestyle that Melbourne has to offer.

What alternatives to Kennedy are out there? 

We've done a great job with a number of our signings - Mooy and Partaalu under the cap in particular - but I really wonder about our Australian marquee player place.

It's pretty bloody obvious that we need a reliable central striker - not someone who's necessarily going to win the Golden Boot, but someone who's going to regularly put those simple chances into the back of the net.

I'm still not sure that Kennedy is the right man in terms of his age and overall fitness.

We do have the ability to pay a transfer fee, and a good salary to the right player; plus we can offer regular game time instead of warming the bench with some foreign club, we're part of the City Stable of Clubs, and we have some good other players already in our squad. Just for starters, quite apart from the lifestyle that Melbourne has to offer.

What alternatives to Kennedy are out there? 

I believe Kennedy is the man. His fitness is not that much of an issue I believe unlucky timing for him at the world cup. He is a threat in the air and will provide a great holding job for our smaller quicker players to run on. He doesn't need to play the full ninety either can rotate with Williams. 

I can see your point of view by elevating one our higher paid Australian players, we free up cap space to chase a good international striker but I wouldn't think there would be many left at this time of the year. Plus transfer window closed at this stage.