Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

You know know what your problem is, you hate too much on Koren as a marquee to realise that he is still of value to our list.

We will just keep struggling though the midfield until we get caceres I suppose.

He's of no value because he's injured every time. Reality is regular sqaudies like Melling are keeping him out even when he is playing thats how shit he is. 

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Let's hope that this is resolved sooner rather than later, if for no other reason than this discussion is going nowhere!

I disagree this discussion reminds me of a tennis match, ball gets played back and forth till someone wins the point whether trough a winner or an unforced error bit like this debate either you have a winning arguement (pro get rid of koren) or the unforced error (constantly defending koren).

FFS thought he had gone with so many posts! Only to find playmaker wanking himself silly at the thought of Koren turning up for a game!

When he signed I thought he would have been great for us having seen him play for Hull. However, after being given numerous chances to impress, he has failed miserably! It isn't the fact he has failed to command the midfield, and impose himself on the games that pisses me off, but the fact he shows little effort in backing up his team mates. He doesn't cover the ground to defend and puts in half arse tackles. The sooner this guy is gone the better for the whole club.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, silva10 said:

FFS thought he had gone with so many posts! Only to find playmaker wanking himself silly at the thought of Koren turning up for a game!

When he signed I thought he would have been great for us having seen him play for Hull. However, after being given numerous chances to impress, he has failed miserably! It isn't the fact he has failed to command the midfield, and impose himself on the games that pisses me off, but the fact he shows little effort in backing up his team mates. He doesn't cover the ground to defend and puts in half arse tackles. The sooner this guy is gone the better for the whole club.

Interesting post.

Wrong on so many points probably due to a lack of underatanding, but interesting.

On Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Shahanga said:
20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

FFS! This inability to delete quotes shit has got to stop!

Anyhoo! It's quite common regardless of how good a player is that once they are leaving or being moved on, that they are left out of squads. Usually as to prevent disruption, but also due to the player not being mentally prepared. Or in Koren's case, due to being shit!

Really, wow I was just voicing my opinion. If people disagree with it that's fine,

Again Koren is on the list and if JVS continues his one dimensional tactics then we are screwed. Koren's inclusion would have been preferred rather than Williams or Gamerio as it proved they brought nothing to the game against 10 men. What a joke.

At least you take a punt on another playmaker in the centre that would have at least some potential to provided a through ball or link up that no other player on our bench could have provided.

Any coach would have a player on the bench like Koren just in case.

If this logic is trolling so be it, but we have no other player on the bench that can have that impact even if they wanted to.

If you don't like my opinion then that's good for you, I don't like yours. So hopefully we get a much needed attacking mid or central mid that we can use so I dont have to read all the whinging 'I want my mummy' posts about Koren/ marquee/ injured rubbish, and more importantly because if we don't we are in deep shit.

If we don't get a replacement by next match I hope Koren is included in the team and I hope JVS has a fall back tactic that can win us the game instead of swapping player for player and continuing a tactic that isn't working on the day.

That's my opinion.

Let the predictable immature little pissy comments start I suppose. Haters are going to hate regardless.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, playmaker said:

Really, wow I was just voicing my opinion. If people disagree with it that's fine,

Again Koren is on the list and if JVS continues his one dimensional tactics then we are screwed. Koren's inclusion would have been preferred rather than Williams or Gamerio as it proved they brought nothing to the game against 10 men. What a joke.

At least you take a punt on another playmaker in the centre that would have at least some potential to provided a through ball or link up that no other player on our bench could have provided.

Any coach would have a player on the bench like Koren just in case.

If this logic is trolling so be it, but we have no other player on the bench that can have that impact even if they wanted to.

If you don't like my opinion then that's good for you, I don't like yours. So hopefully we get a much needed attacking mid or central mid that we can use so I dont have to read all the whinging 'I want my mummy' posts about Koren/ marquee/ injured rubbish, and more importantly because if we don't we are in deep shit.

If we don't get a replacement by next match I hope Koren is included in the team and I hope JVS has a fall back tactic that can win us the game instead of swapping player for player and continuing a tactic that isn't working on the day.

That's my opinion.

Let the predictable immature little pissy comments start I suppose. Haters are going to hate regardless.

How many games has Koren won for us? Kicked a winning goal or provided the assist? (Newcastle not included)

16 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

How many games has Koren won for us? Kicked a winning goal or provided the assist? (Newcastle not included)

So what you're asking is how many times has Koren won the match for us in matches where Koren didn't win the match for us? :huh:

• Like 1

HeraldSun reporting today that we've offered him a payout. Also that he's had another fallout with JvS over this latest dodgy injury. 

As much as i wanted him to succeed, he really must go. It's best for everyone. There's no point in him staying now.

He's not a shit player, but sadly he's been shit for our team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rass said:

HeraldSun reporting today that we've offered him a payout. Also that he's had another fallout with JvS over this latest dodgy injury. 

As much as i wanted him to succeed, he really must go. It's best for everyone. There's no point in him staying now.

Got a link?

Source?

HHHHHHHHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA

Koren, Williams to leave Melbourne City

Melbourne City are the A-League’s first big movers and shakers in this January Transfer window. THE TURF can reveal that both marquee Robert Koren and striker David Williams are set to leave the club. Meanwhile, midfielder Anthony Caceres is to join City’s ranks.

Robert Koren is on his way out from Melbourne City after an underwhelming marquee stint. Scoring only three goals in two season, the last being in 2014, City now feel that they’re not longer getting their money’s with his marquee status.

The 2015/16 season has seen him overshadowed by the likes of Harry Novillo, Bruno Fornarolli and Aaron Mooy who have spearheaded City’s attack. Appearing in only six fixtures this season, it appears that Koren has well and truly lost the patience of the City Football Group who have tabled him an early-release contract.

City are confident of Koren’s acceptance so they can sign a new marquee player to finish out the current A-League season. We’re hearing that City have their eye on a former Premier League player who is currently playing in the MLS.

Narrows it down to a handful of players.... 

• Like 2

Got a link?