Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

If he wasn't our Marquee it wouldn't be so bad but when City is the richest club in competition our Marquees have to be Top 5 Players in the league but Koren struggles to be a starting player let alone a star of the league. Probably the worst signing the club has had when you consider the expectations.     

• Like 1

Everyone complains about Koren not tracking back, well that was the theme of the night. 3 5 2 formation hey, running like idiots up and down the lines, then being useless in possession. At least Koren would have offered better opportunities with his class and some stability in the midfield instead of Mooy having to do everything. JVS is an idiot. If Koren is contracted as JVS says then play him for the team's benefit and piss off this 3 5 2 rubbish when its not working and bring on Koren. Instead we see the comedy relief in Williams and Garrucio coming on in a system that isn't working and expect them to change the game.

The only player on our list that is capable to change the game off the bench is Koren.

JVS is the worsed, he is lucky we have our other top class players that cover up his pathetic one dimensional strategy.

Koren is a great midfielder. Idk y know one likes him. If Koren played last night. Our midfield would have been a lot stronger. Retre is fucking retarded and he can't pass for shit but with Koren he can dribble he can pass. Our midfield would be strong with Mooy and Koren and Mooy wouldn't have to do fucking everything he would have Koren who is not a retard 

2 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Koren is a great midfielder. Idk y know one likes him. If Koren played last night. Our midfield would have been a lot stronger. Retre is fucking retarded and he can't pass for shit but with Koren he can dribble he can pass. Our midfield would be strong with Mooy and Koren and Mooy wouldn't have to do fucking everything he would have Koren who is not a retard 

Are you playmaker in disguise??  :ph34r:

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Everyone complains about Koren not tracking back, well that was the theme of the night. 3 5 2 formation hey, running like idiots up and down the lines, then being useless in possession. At least Koren would have offered better opportunities with his class and some stability in the midfield instead of Mooy having to do everything. JVS is an idiot. If Koren is contracted as JVS says then play him for the team's benefit and piss off this 3 5 2 rubbish when its not working and bring on Koren. Instead we see the comedy relief in Williams and Garrucio coming on in a system that isn't working and expect them to change the game.

The only player on our list that is capable to change the game off the bench is Koren.

JVS is the worsed, he is lucky we have our other top class players that cover up his pathetic one dimensional strategy.

30 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Serious?????? If Koren was that good then he would be playing. Koren through no fault of his own has been thought of as marquee quality by CFG, turns out that CFG may have underestimated the strength of the A league and Koren has coped the brunt of a poor decision. Koren hasn't even been smashed by the media, filip holosko in the other hand had only played a couple of games before the media where beating the drums. 

Robi Koren has had more than enough time to demonstrate that he's a quality player - that's if he is one. Two pre-seasons and just over a season and a half in the league. He's struggled to get on the park due to repeated injuries, scored a mere three goals (all in one match), perhaps had a handful of assists (I don't know the precise number), hasn't shown a great deal of energy or technical ability, and therefore the majority opinion is that he has turned out to be a very disappointing visa player let alone a marquee player. No-one's blaming him - certainly not me - and it doesn't matter where the "fault" lies - Koren himself or CFG's assessment of him - there are plenty of players around the world who for one reason or another don't make the expected impression at a club but do so both before and after with other clubs.

As far as I'm concerned Robi just hasn't made it at City, and the sooner he leaves the better for the club and for himself if he wants to continue playing somewhere.

• Like 2

I see your point but instead of everyone being so obsessed in his marquee status just look at him being another option. If we had better players then that's fine but we don't. On our bench we have players that replace tired players in a current tactic. Problem is it give no flexibility to change up tactics if needed.

Trifiro is good value but that's about it as he can influence the game via intensity. Koren has shown he can provide decent opportunities when he comes off the bench as seen against the tards and a game before that when he came on in the 60th minute. So I don't care who he is, I just look at what he can provide.

Regardless if its Koren or not we need a player to be able to allow flexibility in tactics and to supply added value to the team. I would rather someone to get 4 posessions and set up 3 good opportunities, than have young flankers getting 20 possessions and setting up none.

Also a player like Koren will free Mooy which will allow him to have a greater impact on the game.

Until we get a replacement for Koren we need him on our side or at least on the bench.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, we'll have to disagree. I'm saying that he has not shown what you say he has. And I reckon the majority opinion is with me. Let's leave it there.

So who else have we got then.

Last night we were found out by a crap side. We had no options in tactics at all.

Front 2 are trying to make their own opportunities instead of positioning themselves to score and Mooy is the loan playmaker that gets marked because we have no one else at that quality.

So who else is there?

Edited by playmaker

48 minutes ago, playmaker said:

So who else have we got then.

Last night we were found out by a crap side. We had no options in tactics at all.

Front 2 are trying to make their own opportunities instead of positioning themselves to score and Mooy is the loan playmaker that gets marked because we have no one else at that quality.

So who else is there?

There is no one else. That is the problem. Oh and I'm with JW.

3 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Then it seems illogical not to include him, that's all I am saying, hope he gets replace by the appropriate player, until then he needs to be in the squad.

Its perfectly logical. He is a waste of a starting 11 spot and even a bench spot. He has no quality and is invisible in every match he plays in. Besides, there is no way he is coming back now that the club has said they dont want him anymore. 

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

Then it seems illogical not to include him, that's all I am saying, hope he gets replace by the appropriate player, until then he needs to be in the squad.

Help me out, when was Korens last assist? 

Maybe an easier more recent one, when was his last shot on target? I'll give you this one, it was October 17 2015, Round 2. 

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Help me out, when was Korens last assist? 

Maybe an easier more recent one, when was his last shot on target? I'll give you this one, it was October 17 2015, Round 2. 

Against the tards when he through balled to Bruno to set up an easy 1 on 1 goal to kill the game 3-1.

Bruno missed, not Koren's problem

@playmaker

We're in negotiations to get him to leave the club, if freezing him out and not including him in the squad helps persuade him to leave, then I'd rather sacrifice 2 points away to Perth in round 15 if it means we'll sign an impressive replacement who will win us 2 points in a game at the end of the season and hopefully win a final

• Like 1

1 minute ago, heart_fan10 said:

@playmaker

We're in negotiations to get him to leave the club, if freezing him out and not including him in the squad helps persuade him to leave, then I'd rather sacrifice 2 points away to Perth in round 15 if it means we'll sign an impressive replacement who will win us 2 points in a game at the end of the season and hopefully win a final

I have said before I don't care if he leaves and gets replace by a similar and better player, but atm he is on our list and not using him as part of a winning team is just plain stupid as we have no other player that can replace him on the pitch.

At the end of the day I care more about the club and winning than bearing some grudge against any player and if he contibutes to a win i dont give a rats who he is. 

We need him in the squad until we get a replacement as seen yesterday as we had no forward thrust in our midfield.

he won't leave if we're playing him. He'll be happy to collect his wage and play 20minutes coming off the bench every week

freeze him out, make him train on his own, don't even give him a chance of playing for the youth team let alone the seniors. Make him want to leave 

Edited by heart_fan10

It's all academic the discussion about Koren being selected to play against Perth. He was injured. As he was for 1/3rd of last season and half of this season so far. The coaching staff couldn't have played Koren yesterday even if they had wanted to.

His injuries alone are reasons enough to jettison him IMO. Imagine if Berisha was injured half the time for Victory; a club shouldn't be without an international marquee for so many games. Or even with a Visa player in general, like Germano, an A-League team can't afford to have players unavailable so frequently.

It's highly likely Koren will get moved on before the January transfer window closes, and if Melbourne City just signs a good player who's fully fit most of the time, then that would be an obvious upgrade on Koren IMO.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Go back and play some FIFA. Obviously your about 10 years old and can't contribute to a proper debate.

Getting a bit sandy there... i think it's time to give up the 'Koren is a game changer off the bench' argument. He's a half arsed hack whos well past it physically and emotionally. Next!