Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

What is truly annoying is that as the marquee player he is meant to grow the club. IIRC the CFG said that the person may not be a household name but will become one - not if he is not on the pitch.

Can he cook?  He could go on one of those cooking shows and promote the club that way.

Better still, can he make flags? We desperately need more!!

Edited by raw10

I completely agree with everyone... But please understand that my view, I want us to be successful this season and beyond... How bad is this calf strain ?.. Is it more than a calf strain...??? I am fully aware that Koren is great player, it seems to me that everyone including the media are pinning our hopes this season on Koren who still can't get on the pitch...

I hope he can get on the park sooner rather than later, the excuse of not having Koren have already been hinted by JVS and the club.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8921342

Melbourne City's marquee player injury curse has struck again with Robert Koren ruled out of A-League action until at least December.

The Slovenian midfielder has suffered a recurrence of a calf muscle injury and coach John van `t Schip said on Wednesday it would be four weeks before he could even resume training.

Surely we can sign an injury replacement? We already have a depleted squad as it is.

This is where being part of CFG ought to count for something - bring out one of the ManC EDS players that we trialled while in England.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/25318627/melb-city-blow-koren-out-till-december/

Melbourne City's marquee player injury curse has struck again with Robert Koren ruled out of A-League action until at least December.

The Slovenian midfielder has suffered a recurrence of a calf muscle injury and coach John van `t Schip said on Wednesday it would be four weeks before he could even resume training.

FFS...when was our last bit of 'good' news? I'm not including the 'David Villa is actually going to be in Australia before the season starts'.

so realistically with Villa leaving after round 4, we arent going to have him, our international marquee or are australian marquee before the new year. Thats half way through the season and we might have already blow our chance for a top 2 finish

You really meant top 6 ...... Surely !!!!!

so realistically with Villa leaving after round 4, we arent going to have him, our international marquee or are australian marquee before the new year. Thats half way through the season and we might have already blow our chance for a top 2 finish

You really meant top 6 ...... Surely !!!!!

Oh my god! One injury and our squad is fucked?! Get the fuck outta here! Yes, he has the potential to be huge but one player does not make a team. Our squad is still well above A-League standards except for the positions that we have all been saying need to be addressed but have been ignored.

If we finish shit and people say its because of missing players (bar a run of freak record breaking injuries) I think my head will explode.

NO EXCUSES THIS SEASON

• Like 2

Injury replacement please!!!  

Given what we've seen thus far, it is crucial to bring in a quality match fit, off-the-shelf, international midfielder whilst Koren is out ... and surely coin / salary cap should not be an issue as the replacement would be considered the interim marquee.  

I understand what people are saying about Mauk / Kalmar, etc, and I would agree if it was Mooy or Paartalu or Murdocca injured, but it isn't, its the guy who creates in midfield and makes goals, and without that talent on the pitch, we will lose or draw more than we win, and there will be a continuance of useless backpasses ...  

Time for CFG to show how serious they are about our club's fortunes and whether they really do have our back ... With 10K members, and the need to get points early, it is imperative that momentum is not lost ...  I like JW's idea about a Man City player coming our way.  They have plenty of cattle that is quality and would kill it in our league ... surely they can afford to give us someone for a few months.

Edited by Torn Asunder

Injury replacement please!!!  

Given what we've seen thus far, it is crucial to bring in a quality match fit, off-the-shelf, international midfielder whilst Koren is out ... and surely coin / salary cap should not be an issue as the replacement would be considered the interim marquee.  

I understand what people are saying about Mauk / Kalmar, etc, and I would agree if it was Mooy or Paartalu or Murdocca injured, but it isn't, its the guy who creates in midfield and makes goals, and without that talent on the pitch, we will lose or draw more than we win, and there will be a continuance of useless backpasses ...  

Time for CFG to show how serious they are about our club's fortunes and whether they really do have our back ... With 10K members, and the need to get points early, it is imperative that momentum is not lost ...  I like JWS idea about a Man City player coming our way.  They have plenty of cattle that is quality and would kill it in our league ... surely they can afford to give us someone for a few months.

Nah, play the kid. Give him the opportunity to step up. 

Any egg on face for fans who were happy to lose Hearts identity for success?

Nope.

More than happy to lose Heart for City to take over (Heart was going to go under anyway). All we need now is for the fans to stop making excuses and saying "oh but we were close" and start demanding they make us a powerhouse of Asia which they are more than capable of. 

• Like 1