Melbourne Football

Brisbane Roar

n i k o

58 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I have heard that Craig Moore and JA will be removed from their positions by the new owners. Brisbane are also very serious about signing a big name marquee for the upcoming season.

inb4 it's Brett Holman

and aren't Moore and Aloisi contracted? Wouldn't make sense to remove them given the club's financial struggles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The "crisis theme" continues at Roar.  Cobb has now left, saying the Bakries haven't honoured their part of the bargain.  Wages are supposedly up todate again though.

Cobb still has an offer to buy sitting with the Bakries.

I suspect many fans will be relieved this guy is gone, but back to the Bakries might not be a great result either..

For all the shit that people on here give CFG and how much people talk about hating the owners, stuff like this shows just how lucky we are to have such amazing owners. That isn't a dig at the Heart owners as I personally think they did okay with their resources, more of a thank god we didn't end up with bad owners when the Heart owners decided to sell up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

For all the shit that people on here give CFG and how much people talk about hating the owners, stuff like this shows just how lucky we are to have such amazing owners. That isn't a dig at the Heart owners as I personally think they did okay with their resources, more of a thank god we didn't end up with bad owners when the Heart owners decided to sell up.

Dodgy investments (ALeague clubs) will always attract bad investors. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, hedaik said:

So true... for example why the fuck were Dundee United interested in the Jets?

Surely they should be more focussed on their current side rejoining the Top Flight than buying a stake in a fledgling club in a league which is probably of a higher standard than the Scottish Second Flight.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

True.

But I have to wonder, are the owners actually that bad?

When you have to keep pouring money in there will always be issues, no one has unlimited money and even if they did they don't want to keep losing it, and even if they dont mind losing it even rich owners won't always have the cash flow to put more money in on time (which seems to be the case here and with a couple other clubs that have had issues).

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Excellent post @Jacques Le Cube, a lot of what you say sounds to be right on the money.

How have you gotten a lot of that information?

Thanks, I know someone pretty close to the situation. They have been drip feeding me info over the last couple of months and it has all married perfectly with what information has been reported in the media.

The entire situation blows my mind on so many levels.

@GreenSeater I've been critical of CFG more than most but this shows how much worse it could be.

• Like 2

@Jacques Le Cube there is another article (the world game?) saying how Cobb didn't make an effort to re-sign sponsors and how they only have 2 men and their doc signed up as members. What would your contact say in regards to those accusations?

In regards to the pre-Ange roar, I'll just add a few random comments (I was a supporter at that time) to add a bit more detail.

Miller in his first season was the best player in the league. He had a hernia though, needed an op and then never played at the same level after. (For what it's worth he came across as a real wanker off the field).

Malcolm was selected as a regular starter by Farina despite being one of the worst performers in the league.

Moore was an Ok performer.

there were rumours that "cranky" would go drinking with players (presumably these guys.)

On 19/08/2016 at 8:43 PM, Shahanga said:

@Jacques Le Cube there is another article (the world game?) saying how Cobb didn't make an effort to re-sign sponsors and how they only have 2 men and their doc signed up as members. What would your contact say in regards to those accusations?

In regards to the pre-Ange roar, I'll just add a few random comments (I was a supporter at that time) to add a bit more detail.

Miller in his first season was the best player in the league. He had a hernia though, needed an op and then never played at the same level after. (For what it's worth he came across as a real wanker off the field).

Malcolm was selected as a regular starter by Farina despite being one of the worst performers in the league.

Moore was an Ok performer.

there were rumours that "cranky" would go drinking with players (presumably these guys.)

I haven't got any inside info on the claim re' sponsors. However, Roar's main sponsor, Steadfast, still has another year to run on their contract.

And yeah, Moore was good on the field, Miller was great (but fat) and Malcolm was abysmal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Have signed Holman. I wonder if this means that one of McKay or Broich are leaving?

Doubt it, he's probably under the cap given how far he's faded into obscurity. Either way, I'm guessing he's on significantly less coin given he's coming from the UAE so maybe he just wanted to come home. 

Good signing for them though, there's a lot of strong talent in the A-League this season across the board.

6 minutes ago, Nate said:

Doubt it, he's probably under the cap given how far he's faded into obscurity. Either way, I'm guessing he's on significantly less coin given he's coming from the UAE so maybe he just wanted to come home. 

Good signing for them though, there's a lot of strong talent in the A-League this season across the board.

Agree that should be the reality, but he was chasing marquee wages and guest spot status only a month ago. Who knows, i noticed they avoided mentioning marquees and caps altogether so there might be something else happening.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been told that the new managing director, Mark Kingsman, is a yes man. He was appointed by the Bakries after being recommended for the job by Aloisi and Moore. His appointment means that Aloisi and Moore now have control over all decisions made by the Roar.

Given that those two don't really know what they are doing, and that there is already discontent within the playing group, it should be an interesting season for Brisbane.

• 3 months later...

Taken from 442:

Yesterday I asked BRFC to send the following message out to their database of supporters, without doubt the largest database in the country probably 55,000 strong, they sent it this arvo and reads:

Dear fellow Roar supporters,

We believe Brisbane Roar have the best supporters in the A-League, no argument, and we’ve been through some amazing highs with this great club and yes, a few lows too. We believe this club can be so much more than it already is and by involving Roar fans we believe we can help our club achieve even greater things in the future.

So we are in the process of creating and launching ‘The Roar Supporters Federation’ as an independent supporters group for the support of The Brisbane Roar Football Club - built by fans, run by fans, and for all fans.

In creating the foundation for our group, we looked at the best practices of supporter’s groups in Germany and the UK, excellent role models that organise fans on issues of importance to them, and if you follow the Brisbane Roar this is a message to ask for your help in taking our next steps.

We believe The Roar deserve a long-term vision, we believe football fans have rights when it comes to their club, and that we believe we should have a say in what happens at our club, we also believe fans have the passion and energy to help this club in multiple ways that aren’t being accessed yet!

But if we are to do all this (and more) we need to have a collective voice, a voice that is listened to and respected by the club management, the owners and the FFA, so we need to get organised. It’s time Roar fans got organised. ‘The Roar Supporters Federation’ will facilitate that organisation and present a strong and compelling voice from supporters.

This supporters group will be democratic (in electing a coordinating team), transparent in the way it operates and available to all fans whether you live in Brisbane, elsewhere in QLD, somewhere in Australia or as far and wide as Dublin and London where know we have informal groups already (we will do this through extensive use of social media as well as face to face meetings – but you don’t have to be here to be heard, you just need to be a member)

The Roar Supporters Federation has been set up as a ‘Not for profit’ organisation with any profits made reinvested back in to the group or distributed to the club. The fans will decide.

So over the last few months we have been talking to various parties, we’ve begged and borrowed time, money and resources including Legal, Accounting, Commercial and Marketing help, to create an embryonic organisation that we launch today; we have Wanderers visiting this weekend and by the time they return to Suncorp in a little over a month we would like your help in building this into an organisation all fans can identify with and feel ownership of.

But a few fans can only take it so far, the Roar Supporters Federation can, and will, only do as much as the members it has want it to do. So we’re inviting you to join today at www.roarfans.com.au the early stages of the groups formation will elect the necessary committee to oversee the group’s operations (as required under the constitution) and build out the necessary fan engagement tools such as Facebook, website etc.

Then we will concentrate on identifying the important and urgent issues the fans think this group should work towards; this might include discussion on how fans have a bigger say, should we have a representative on the Advisory Board, how do we get the club management/owners to recognise us, how do we engage with the wider football community in which all of us exist as supporters, players, coaches and moms, dads, brothers and sisters; and should we have fan ownership in part of our club as they often do in Germany; and how can we use our collective skills and knowledge to help our club move forward? Again, the fans will decide what is important to them.

And this is a group intended for all supporters, it doesn’t matter whether you are a match day member or not, whether you attend games or not, whether you are in Brisbane or not; and it doesn’t matter whether you want to be actively involved or sit back and see what others do – it just matters that you love The Brisbane Roar! If you do, this will be a group for you. We will create it together.

So if you love The Brisbane Roar, join today, and it is free.

Right now, we need members and we need volunteers for coordinating positions to take this from start-up to something meaningful. We have a democratic constitution and a passion and belief that if we can work together we can create something great. So today is a call to arms – we believe Roar fans are the best in the league, as I said we’ve seen some amazing highs and a few lows in our time, and we are still here, stronger than ever, and today we start to get even stronger.

So, if you believe in The Brisbane Roar and if you want to help, the first step is to join up today, its free and we promise to make it worth your while. The Roar Supporters Federation is by the fans, it’s run by fans, and it’s for all fans.

If you love the Brisbane Roar, join today. And we’ll send you more information and what’s happening next including a forum for fans prior to the Jets home game

Waz Brown.

wazsere@yahoo.com

www.roarsupporters.com.au

P.S. A big Thank You to everyone that’s helped so far, and to BRFC itself for allowing us the privilege of sending this message to the supporter’s database.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Definitely.

If true that he punched that bloke from behind that's a dogs act and a sacking is the least thing that should happen.

That would be very bad if true. So much stuff about people killed from this shit, anyway I'm not going to hang him without evidence.

18 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

That would be very bad if true. So much stuff about people killed from this shit, anyway I'm not going to hang him without evidence.

Burn him at the stake! Or would that pleasure Ross  due to the immense tan he would gain?

52 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

FFA must punish Ross Aloisi if guilty of assault, Adelaide insist

Adelaide United want Brisbane Roar assistant coach Ross Aloisi to face repercussions if he's found to have assaulted a rival A-League coach.
Source: 
AAP
20 MAR 2017 - 12:32 PM  UPDATED 8 HOURS AGO

Aloisi is being investigated by Football Federation Australia (FFA) hierarchy after allegedly assaulting Adelaide assistant coach Jacobo Ramallo after Sunday's fixture between the clubs.

Aloisi allegedly struck Ramallo in the back while in the tunnel exiting the arena after the Roar's controversial last-gasp loss in Adelaide.

Ramallo is understood to have been felled by the blow which happened minutes after Brisbane conceded a controversial penalty and lost the game 2-1.

The FFA are on Monday considering reports into the incident from the match commissioner and both clubs.

Police Adelaide United Brisbane Roar

Police speak to Adelaide United staff in the tunnel after the alleged bust-up

Adelaide United defender Dylan McGowan says there should be repercussions from the incident.

McGowan stresses he didn't see the incident, or personally know who was involved.

"We are trying to market the game here in Australia and all these sort of incidents bring negative light to the game which is unfortunate," McGowan told reporters on Monday.

"I don't know who was involved so I can't be saying that they (the FFA) need to come down on whatever it is.

"I'm sure that they're looking into it.

"And, to be honest, the Adelaide tunnel has got plenty of people in it so someone has seen it.

"And there will be hopefully repercussions if there was something done wrong. Hopefully there's repercussions for it because it was something we don't want to see in the game."

The Roar released a statement late Sunday night saying they would cooperate with the FFA.

Brisbane refuses to comment further "until speaking to those involved and a thorough investigation is concluded", the statement said.

The incident happened after the Roar were left seething at losing because of what their head coach John Aloisi said was a poor decision.

The Roar slipped to a 2-1 loss after Brisbane goalkeeper Michael Theo was controversially sent off in one of the last acts of the game.

Edited by Jovan

57 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Ross Aloisi suspended for the remainder of the A-League Regular Season (4 matches). Craig Moore one match. http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/article/ross-aloisi-craig-moore-sanctioned-for-ffa-code-of-conduct-breach/1sifc64o1l0ae1iqgjvhgw7m3c

I'd say those punishments are on the "light" side.

Very light.

If this happened at lower level. That is, unnecessary contact made from one club official to cause another club official to fall to the ground you get a much bigger penalty. 

Years if not life bans. I'm not suggesting a life ban but 4 games is an absolute joke. These sorts of decisions are the reason why this game struggles to move into the mainstream. 

Edited by Jovan