Melbourne Football

Brisbane Roar

n i k o

I don't know Nate, plenty of off field drama right now. You might have lots of talent to do a good job there at Bunnings, but if they stopped paying you on time how motivated would you be? Add on to that a dill for a boss......

Love the cheeky Bunnings reference and I agree, but the FFA won't allow for the players not to be paid.

I just can't see them performing badly given they've got what I'd consider to be the best midfield trio in the league (Broich, McKay and Brattan) feeding the likes of Henrique, Borrello and Maclaren, plus they've got very capable centre backs.

But if there's anyone who could screw it up, it's John Aloisi

Unpopular opinion but I honestly believe Aloisi will take Brisbane to a top 6 finish next season, if not by dumb luck then by the sheer talent they've got in their squad.

I kind of have the same feeling. I'm not sure if its because I genuinely think he will do better in Brisbane or I am just terrified of it happening, leaving us looking like complete fuckwits and confirming that our club is actually cursed. 

• Like 1

City needs a couple of good seasons to rid it (and its supporters) of the inferiority complex that it has. You only have to read a few posts in the various threads on this forum to feel the the negativity and doubt that surrounds everything our club does.

• Like 2

City needs a couple of good seasons to rid it (and its supporters) of the inferiority complex that it has. You only have to read a few posts in the various threads on this forum to feel the the negativity and doubt that surrounds everything our club does.

Could not agree more JW the way players we are reputedly signing are being rubbished even before actually getting here is beyond belief. 

• Like 1

Liverpools second goal was a deflection which was pretty unlucky for Brisbane. Could have been 1-1 if it hadn't deflected. If you take out the deflected goal it would have ended up 1-1 so it's really a draw if it wasn't for a bit of bad luck. Good result by Brisbane to draw against an EPL team. 

Not yet. 

Mind you where is his long balls to midgets policy?

also worth noting if Aloisi does have a strong season I will need to be on a self harm watch.

Dont worry, Brisbane have been good for a few years now. It will take JA at least a couple of months to beat it out of them. No one is that good

• Like 1

I'd caution those saying that Brisbane will be poor under Aloisi. IMO he has a better squad there than he had at Heart, and although we've made some good signings so far this off-season we still have six places to fill and still have significant deadwood under contract. I'm waiting until the full squad is in before I call us top four.

Seriously,  I saw some of Aloisi's touches on Brisbane tonight.  Mainly the lofted, long diagonal ball to the wings...that sailed over the touch line.

Fortunately for them, he hasn't had enough time to coach out of them the one touch passing, the movement off the ball, the passing on the deck.  Give him time.

• Like 1

"Brattan is our best passer of the ball so I need him higher up the pitch." - Brisbane Roar coach John Aloisi set to change the midfielder's role.

So it begins.

If he's the greatest passer how will the ball get to him in the first place if he's so high up the pitch? 

Edited by n i k o

So we get McLaren after all? But still this is pretty bad news for the league as a whole. 

wrapping up brisbane's operations doesn't mean their won't be a club in Brisbane next season. It's actually the cheapest way for the FFA/new owners to take over. You fold Barkie-Roar LTD and all the clubs debts dissappear (along with the non-existent assets) and the FFA take the IP and start FFA-Roar LTD and offer all the players/staff new but identical contracts. Exactly like what just happened at Newcastle.

It's one of the few perks of the current franchise model. 

wrapping up brisbane's operations doesn't mean their won't be a club in Brisbane next season. It's actually the cheapest way for the FFA/new owners to take over. You fold Barkie-Roar LTD and all the clubs debts dissappear (along with the non-existent assets) and the FFA take the IP and start FFA-Roar LTD and offer all the players/staff new but identical contracts. Exactly like what just happened at Newcastle.

It's one of the few perks of the current franchise model. 

Not so good if you're a creditor...

• Like 1