Melbourne Football

Melburnians Scarf

Jimmy

I don't think a slogan as such is necessary and theres no reason why one side cant be blank, with the other saying 'Melburnians', it would be kinda like a reversible jacket.

But if it's a must, maybe 'We are Melbourne' or Heart of Melbourne' could be considered.

Agreed, one side blank would look classy, there is no need for a slogan.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burn city is just another name for Melbourne. Probably used more in urban/street circles. I'm from the sticks and learnt it from the musical and street art types in melbourne.
Like people call places that start with B.. B-Town etc. it's even used in a hip hop song about melbourne.

mel..BURN CITY...

It doesn't me actually BURN the city.

• Like 1

Burn city is just another name for Melbourne. Probably used more in urban/street circles. I'm from the sticks and learnt it from the musical and street art types in melbourne.

Like people call places that start with B.. B-Town etc. it's even used in a hip hop song about melbourne.

mel..BURN CITY...

It doesn't me actually BURN the city.

No one says that.

• Like 3

People don't have to like it. It's all down to personal taste!!
But just because some people haven't heard the term before doesn't mean it doesn't exist. it's used in #tags for street art, stickers, paste ups, melbourne soul/funk/blues music, melbourne music in general, clothing labels, cafes etc etc.
I just figured that since the group name was Mel-BURN-ians the link and term was common knowledge....my mistake  :huh: 

I think for a supporter scarf (as opposed to a club scarf) it would be nicer to have something really graphic that stands out when we hold it high.

Check out this one from die gelbe wand (bvb / borussia dortmund), it has the name of the terrace (sued tribune), the group, the city, signal iduna park stadium, club logo, etc.

sL8EoKx.png

If someone could just replace all these elements with Melburnian related stuff i will generously chip in to pay for a bj from some old nan in cali club or another single mum of lesser or equal value.

• Like 3

I think for a supporter scarf (as opposed to a club scarf) it would be nicer to have something really graphic that stands out when we hold it high.

Check out this one from die gelbe wand (bvb / borussia dortmund), it has the name of the terrace (sued tribune), the group, the city, signal iduna park stadium, club logo, etc.

sL8EoKx.png

If someone could just replace all these elements with Melburnian related stuff i will generously chip in to pay for a bj from some old nan in cali club or another single mum of lesser or equal value.

Need a supplier that makes silk/towel scarfs to create something that detailed.

Can't be done with knitted scarfs.

To all those not in the "scene"

Burn city could be misread as something against the new ownership

Similar to what tards used against us with "fuk off heart"

General population and media could see it this way.

sL8EoKx.png

That looks absolutely terrible.

sL8EoKx.png

That looks absolutely terrible. I think they have tried a little too hard

Check out this one from die gelbe wand (bvb / borussia dortmund), it has the name of the terrace (sued tribune), the group, the city, signal iduna park stadium, club logo, etc.sL8EoKx.png

Yes, what a bunch of try hards. Biggest terrace in Europe and avg. attendance of over 80,000 :/

• Like 1

Check out this one from die gelbe wand (bvb / borussia dortmund), it has the name of the terrace (sued tribune), the group, the city, signal iduna park stadium, club logo, etc.sL8EoKx.png

Yes, what a bunch of try hards. Biggest terrace in Europe and avg. attendance of over 80,000 :/

We're talking about the design of the scarf here, not the terrace itself.

Sorry, I must be on my period. Yeah simple is better. That's westfalenstadion aka signal iduna park, pretty much every game is max cap.

That is a fantastic ground.

We piss our pants when we get 28k at AAMI vs the tards. With max 6k of active support behind the goals.

Imagine 80k of active support at a ground like that

Wet dream!!!!!! :-)

Sorry, I must be on my period. Yeah simple is better. That's westfalenstadion aka signal iduna park, pretty much every game is max cap.

That is a fantastic ground.

We piss our pants when we get 28k at AAMI vs the tards. With max 6k of active support behind the goals.

Imagine 80k of active support at a ground like that

Wet dream!!!!!! :-) I know, best atmosphere in the world, at least from what I see watching BVB play on TV. Walked around the outside of the stadium once but never actually been to a game :(

I kind of like 'Burn City' as one of our unofficial nicknames as with Heart.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Burn+City

Burn City just won't work though. Whatever street cred we'll earn with those triple J hip-hop fellaz will mean nothing when everyone else thinks it means "burn City".

Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but I've wanted to kick you right in the dick for so long Ticker.

• Like 1

A good thing to remember when designing scarfs that the scarf will have a rough scale of width:length of 1:10. So if it's 15cm wide it'll be 1.5m long.

FWIW, last year's ones were 1600x160, not including tassles.

(Going by my files... Correct me if I'm wrong, Malloy.)

A good thing to remember when designing scarfs that the scarf will have a rough scale of width:length of 1:10. So if it's 15cm wide it'll be 1.5m long.

FWIW, last year's ones were 1600x160, not including tassles.

(Going by my files... Correct me if I'm wrong, Malloy.) Correct.