Melbourne Football

Active Support Meeting | Monday 23rd June | OFFICIAL MEETING MINUTES

Fingman

As I don't want to clutter up this thread unnecessarily, but would this be the place for people who were unable to make the meeting last night to put forward thoughts/suggestions to be raised at the next meeting (don't have any concerns myself, but it would be nice to have a specific place for people to ask things to be put forward at the next meeting).

Again guys ( and gals )

great work and effort

I'm just a GA, from pretty much day 1, I'm an old bugger so I won't be joining you in the active area, but I'll be supporting you, as I did Yarraside

great idea to try and get other areas involved

when d'wife and I went to the away game in Sydney last season, we were very impressed by the way The Cove  got other areas involved

I think the chant was Sydney FC ( or some simple thing) they chanted this, then on mass turned to one side and chanted to the wing , whio responded, then to the other wing etc

I know that this would have been difficult in the past as our numbers have been down ( for that type of crowd participation) but i'm sure with more numbers something like that could be attempted

my 2 cents worth

• Like 2

I kinda liked the

This is what it feels like to be city

This is what it feels like to be small

You signed Berisha

We signed David Villa

David Villa

David villa

This was a boss tune back in the day, however might I note that it's meant as an anti-city song rather than a pro city. Why is the song suggesting Melb City is small? :(

I kinda liked the

You signed Berisha

We signed David Villa

David Villa

David villa

This was a boss tune back in the day, however might I note that it's meant as an anti-city song rather than a pro city. Why is the song suggesting Melb City is small? :( It's a tounge in cheek jab at them for suggesting that we've always been irrelevant. Sarcasm.

I kinda liked the

You signed Berisha

We signed David Villa

David Villa

David villa

This was a boss tune back in the day, however might I note that it's meant as an anti-city song rather than a pro city. Why is the song suggesting Melb City is small? :(

Come on BZA as a Celtic Fan I know you know the best chants are those you steal from the enemy...

I agree its a grat song and I reckon it would be a great chant.

Sorry guys I missed the meeting got stuck back at work, I found even with the yarraside this fact still upset me that this whole mob/crew/squad whatever you want to call it, is so forced! trying to enforce the chants, people involved etc its suppose to be a natural thing, not a bloke trying to start the chants with a megaphone and asking everyone to join in thats pissweak, over in england and around the world they dont have someone trying to start the chants and looking so desperate! The boys that were in it over the last few years knew all the chants or started new ones, let it be natural lads were not all little kids needing a teacher!

I agree we think of a name together and then we band together as one

also dont keep the liverpool song were city now lets sing blue moon!

I understand that it was a anti song. I think it still works with the small part because its always been made fun that we are the green seat elite. I think thats about to change. So its kinda scarism to say we aren't going to be so small anymore

man City still sing it to man united thats the whole point you think wer small but wer actually big now!...sarcasm

Sorry guys I missed the meeting got stuck back at work, I found even with the yarraside this fact still upset me that this whole mob/crew/squad whatever you want to call it, is so forced! trying to enforce the chants, people involved etc its suppose to be a natural thing, not a bloke trying to start the chants with a megaphone and asking everyone to join in thats pissweak, over in england and around the world they dont have someone trying to start the chants and looking so desperate! The boys that were in it over the last few years knew all the chants or started new ones, let it be natural lads were not all little kids needing a teacher!

I agree we think of a name together and then we band together as one

also dont keep the liverpool song were city now lets sing blue moon!

um

I kinda liked the

You signed Berisha

We signed David Villa

David Villa

David villa

Come on BZA as a Celtic Fan I know you know the best chants are those you steal from the enemy...

I agree its a grat song and I reckon it would be a great chant.

I concur, but unfortunately my brain hadn't really processed the thought until jimmy explained it better.

All is well in the world.

Applaud the people who are making this new supporters group happen.

If I can make a suggestion, can I say that there is something built into this group that when, not if, the founders leave, the group will continue and people will be replaced. This stops having a new support group every few years when the founders move on and want to keep the name.

Thoughts?

Great report on the meeting, thanks Fingman. As probably the oldest guy in the terrace, I'm happy for you guys to organise how you see fit. I'll just turn up on match day and sing and chant as usual. Congrats to the organisers, it looks like the terrace is in good hands.

• Like 2

'MU5 are happy to deploy their tifo that was banned at the final home game of the 13/14 season, at the round 2 game against Newcastle.'

What was it/Why was it banned?

Also, probably getting a bit ahead of everything but since it was brought up at the meeting, was thinking a banner/tifo for first home game or derby should be something like "We may have money now, but we will always have heart!" or simply "We will always have heart!". Just a thought.