Melbourne Football

Yarraside Announcment

Tesla

You know the club name changed, the colours have changed, the owners have changed, players have come and gone....but out of all those things this news has truly made me feel like we have lost the club we once had, and it is now officially gone forever. Feel a bit empty to be perfectly honest.

Thanks for the memories guys.

• Like 3

I've spent several thousands watching the Heart play especially the last 2 seasons.

Really it's not because watching soccer live is better. It's the atmosphere that you great people create. Had an absolute blast and met some awesome people... Every time i walked into the Imp I felt like a kid in a candy store. Pumped thinking what the next several hours might hold.

Those especially in Core a massive thankyou. The time money and effort that you guys put into a fantastic terrace is unbelievable. You really deserved more credit.

Melbourne is red and white!

• Like 5

There was a reason I brought so many friends, mostly sport loving AFL fans, to games and straight to sit behind yarraside... Provided something unique to our great club. 

Always remember the previous 4 seasons and never forget the work that has gone into making yarraside what it was, with also an eye on the future with a group that, I hope, represents the club and our fans just as good. 

Bring it on I say

How can Seed & Nut Crew be dead when Y-SIDE is forever?

Seed & Nut Crew is forever.

The *Seed & Nut Crew* is a sacred order which has existed as long as the beautiful game has. For as long as men have kicked a ball through goal posts, other men have stood on the sidelines engaging in the consumption of seeds and nuts.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 5

goodbye Yarraside, hopefully the next supporter group make some actual noise

Get fucked you stupid cunt.

Ignore him he is a victory troll who is bitter that his team is likely not going to win a game against melb city for a long time.

• Like 3

Only tried to sing with yarraside last year after two years sit behind them. Thanks for all the efforts you guys give to the club.

Last year's Adelaide trip is a great memory and met some very nice ppl in imp

A little bit sad now

• Like 1

It wont ever be the same now, and has only made my decision harder in whether to support City or not. 

Thanks to everyone in Yarraside (including the Core, Drummers, Capo's, and the active supporters themselves!) for a great ride, which will never be forgotten and sorely missed. 

• Like 2

I think Jimmy now can finally start his "CitySide" supporters groups :up:

In all seriousness though, you guys did a great job and added an immense amount of value to the atmosphere and the game-day experience as a whole! I'm guessing some of you will probably join/start the new supporters group so to you, Good Luck!

Have been with active support from season 2, and i've felt closer to this club than any other club i've supported due to the great work done by yarraside.

I've never met anyone on here personally, but i've sure as hell loved sharing beer showers and celebrations with you lads after goals. Never felt so at home with a group of people i've never met! :)

Pretty fucking upset you blokes are going, but i respect your decision. Many thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the amazing work you guys have done with the active support, and wish you well with whatever your next endeavour is. I feel sorry for the next group taking over because i have no idea how the fuck they are going to top you guys!

• Like 5

Devastated to see Yarraside go and I know it must have been an incredibly difficult decision for you lot to make but I know it was the only way this could have gone.

A huge thanks to current and past core members and of course everyone else who made Yarraside what it was. Lifelong friends made and so many great memories.

• Like 5

Well fellas it's been an amazing ride! I attended my first heart game as a ballboy in the game vs Phoenix in seadon 1. It was the first football match I ever attended. My spot was right in front of Yarraside and at the end of the game I knew that was where I wanted to spend every weekend. I have stood in Yarraside for just about every game of the last 4 seasons and it has been the best time of my life. Due to being underage and poor I never had a chance to make it to the Impy for any of the functions, but being a part of this terrace made me feel a real part of something special. I have hugged and jumped on countless strangers celebrating goals and have always had a sympathetic head beside me through every defeat. Yarraside were the sole thing that got the club through the 19 game winless streak and were the soul of the club. I want to thank you all for the amazing memories you have given me, my only regret is never getting to know you all properly. Thank you Yarraside. For everything. This has shifted me so much closer to not supporting City tbh.

• Like 5

Super disappointed.

Can you guys please explain the decision? Was it simply because of the name change like you said in the OP? 

It's still the same club, and you guys will still be supporting it. Why can't Yarraside continue?

:(

Can you guys please explain the decision? Was it simply because of the name change like you said in the OP? 

It's still the same club, and you guys will still be supporting it. Why can't Yarraside continue?

:(

Some people think it's the same club, others don't. We fall into the later category, and that should explain it really.

Edited by Tesla

its not just about the club others have life commitments that they wanna achieve and cannot devout as much time to painting tifos and such, aswell new logo and home kit all white with blue really puts a dull flame on my passion and what used to be yarraside for me anyway.

Just looking at the comments on the facebook post I can already tell the new terrace is going to be so plastic and shit

Give anything a go bro. get behind it and make sure it isn't shit.

This gives everyone an opportunity to go and do something new - no need to write it off before anything has begun.

• Like 2

Quick question. Are the two main capos that both took charge throughout the season (don't know their names) apart of the core group?

They are both senior members and support the decision made. But there is nothing stopping them from joining the new active group if they wish.

Couple of questions:

What will happen to all the flags and banners previously used with the terrance? Will they be passed on to the new active supporter group?

What was the reaction of the city group when/if you told them?

Is their ever any chance in the future that yarraside could be revived?

Cheers