Melbourne Football

Yarraside Announcment

Tesla

As saddening as this news is to me, I agree that it is the most suitable course of action to take. We have lost our club which we fell in love with, invested our time and money into and lived and breathed for.

For me my adventure over the past 3 years with melbourne heart was largely thanks to the yarraside. A quality group which I feel honored to have been a part of. I found the guys to be very approachable and supportive when times were tough and as such the good times were made even sweeter.

Whilst I feel as though I was able to play my small part in helping the yarraside to achieve success, I really cant stress enough thanks and gratitude to the members of the core and outer core whom without, this group and ultimately our club would not be able to do without. I think many supporters severely underestimate just how much work is done behind the scenes and it is this factor which makes me worry when new groups are being floated for manchester city jr of Melbourne fc.

But to those who shared the times with me, through good (derby wins, cracking goals) and lows (dwindling success, loss of our identity), at both aami park and interstate. To you I am especially grateful as without you my time and enjoyment would have been nowhere near as strong.

This journey has been a real hi-light of my life so far and whilst I am still quite young, I am sure I will remember these days for years to come.

Cheers guys, forza melbourne heart fc

As a core member of another supporter group, there some questions that would bug me. 
1. Your fans fund/tifo fund what happens to this

2. at this point of the FFA restrictions who is representing active support to the club ? 

3. Did the core consider a succession plan ? 

4. will the core guys who walked offer any guidance to the new group ? 

In anyway good luck to those who take over,If any of the new group need to chat about Sydney FC away happy to offer advise on drinking locations, who to contact up here, cheap eats and cheap accom. 

good luck 

• Like 1

As a core member of another supporter group, there some questions that would bug me. 

1. Your fans fund/tifo fund what happens to this

2. at this point of the FFA restrictions who is representing active support to the club ? 

3. Did the core consider a succession plan ? 

4. will the core guys who walked offer any guidance to the new group ? 

In anyway good luck to those who take over,If any of the new group need to chat about Sydney FC away happy to offer advise on drinking locations, who to contact up here, cheap eats and cheap accom. 

good luck 

1. As mentioned in the Announcement - Details are to come about a final Yarraside Function which will answer these questions.

2. This is no longer of YSIDE Core's concern... I guess those involved at the new Active Support Meeting coming up can find an answer to this question.

3. No - And TBH the less the old YSIDE Core is involved in the new Active Support Group the greater the chance it has of running its proper natural course. It also gives all people who want to get involved an equal chance to do so without any old YSIDE conventions or rubric blocking people's opportunities.

4. This up to each indivdual Core Member - My personal opinion as a former Core Member is as I said above that I dont want prevent the new group from running its own natural course into becoming the New Active Support Group for a New Club.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

@Marteaux - Oh yeah, also if I wanted to create a crew I wouldnt do it where it was disunity at our club....I would of done it in consultation with Yarraside for the benefit of the club and keeping everyone united and to grow our supporting base. The SSE crew hates what the Yarraside does.....if I was part of SSE I'd be hating Yarraside of which I do not obviously I have been with it for most of its games at home all season, while the SSE havent been. I love the Yarraside as much as anyone here, I havent had not one problem from anyone from the crew at Yarraside....everyone is always friendly with me when Im in the stands.

Also the SSE is a shit name I would of came up something better if I was in charge something like The Citizens or Red & White Legion or MCS (Melbourne City Supporters) something like that.....

SO DONT TELL ME IM PART OF SOMETHING OF WHICH I AM NOT.

Thank you.

The name 'Swan Street Elite', by definition excludes most STHs and casual attenders. Is this how we want to be seen?

Edited by belaguttman

What is the position of some of the sub-groups like The Kop and KGB? Are they not continuing as well?

The Rooster Kop will def not be playing any part in the running of active support.

Its location from here on will most likely take on a more nomadic role from time to time... however no set location (Active or Non Active) for next Season has been decided upon by its members.

I believe Marty has already posted that KGB will be moving forwards as a Non Active group.

• Like 1

Thanks Yarraside, you're one of the main reasons I joined this club 2 years ago. Being an AFL fan, I really miss the passion in the stands, you guys brought that in spades. My 6 year old son loved you blokes too. We used to watch you guys almost as much as the game. Cheers lads.

even though i only attended matches in season 2-3, every match i attended was entertaining no matter the score line. I wish the very best to those lads who put in such an effort to maintain and hold together such a spectacular match day game experience. Wish you  all the very best. 

Any ys scarves still floating about?

Yes. They will be available at the yside final function. Details of which will be made public within the coming weeks

Brilliant! thanks Malloy. 

Those scarves were the best looking piece of clothing I have seen associated with the old and new club

Been stated previously but you are the main reason me and my kids have continued to come to games, especially during the "dark ages". My 11 nephew has eyes at being a capo one day. 

Thanks for the energy passion and commitment, just great to have seen it. 

• Like 1

Very sad to hear the news, you guys have been fantastic. thanks for giving out some serious volume, colour (red and white of course), passion and laughs. If we could make it to games on time and didn't have kids with us most of the while, we would have been part of you as well. I share your discomfort at the changes, but hope you are around to add some noise to whatever we evolve into.

Go Heart

Maximum respect to Yarraside

While it saddens me that the Yarraside are gone I really hope that whatever new group emerges can show the same passion and commitment that you lot have. You made coming to the games much more enjoyable. Thanks for all your hard work the last 4 years. Here is hoping we can at least keep the red and white in the stands if not on the field.

Just wanted to say that the Yarraside is what got me into the Melbourne Heart, The core has done an amazing job creating what they did and i am grateful for all the time, money and effort that has gone on throughout the years. Safe to say that you guys will always have a place in my heart (pun intended)

I sat down for a good hour almost in tears at the news that you will be disbanding but we all understand and respect your decision.

Love your work and dedication and hope that we can only grow from what you guys have created.

Yarraside is love, Yarraside is life.

Thanks for the fun fellas and I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in. But honestly I still don't understand the reasons why you guys are winding it all up and the whole thing seems a bit contradioctory.

1. We lost our club. Yet we will still support the club in a non active way.

2. We want the yaraside legacy to continue yet we don't want the name to be used.

Why not just let Yarraside continue but pass it on to a new core group? Why would you deliberately set active support for the club back to ground zero? Your actions, even if unintentional are going to hurt the club. I just don't see any sense in it.

I hope that if a new active group starts that it's agreed at it's inception that it's name and existence should belong to fans and not a core group. That way if a little clique cracks the shits they can't take their ball and piss off like elitists.

Thanks for the fun fellas and I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in. But honestly I still don't understand the reasons why you guys are winding it all up and the whole thing seems a bit contradioctory.

2. We want the yaraside legacy to continue yet we don't want the name to be used.

Why not just let Yarraside continue but pass it on to a new core group? Why would you deliberately set active support for the club back to ground zero? Your actions, even if unintentional are going to hurt the club. I just don't see any sense in it.

I hope that if a new active group starts that it's agreed at it's inception that it's name and existence should belong to fans and not a core group. That way if a little clique cracks the shits they can't take their ball and piss off like elitists.

It's not just core, it's basically all the senior terrace members that will either not continue as active supporters, or if they do continue, have no interest in being part of a new leadership group.

So basically all the senior members are gone, the flags, banners, etc. are no longer relevant, some of the chants are no longer relevant.

Basically everything is being started from zero either way.

Why not preserve the legacy of Yarraside as a Melbourne Heart supporter group, as well as giving a fresh start to the new supporter group to establish themselves however they like?

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

It's not just core, it's basically all the senior terrace members that will either not continue as active supporters, or if they do continue, have no interest in being part of a new leadership group.

So basically all the senior members are gone, the flags, banners, etc. are no longer relevant, some of the chants are no longer relevant.

Why not preserve the legacy of Yarraside as a Melbourne Heart supporter group, as well as giving a fresh start to the new supporter group to establish themselves however they like?

I'd like to keep the red and white flags and banners and I'm sure plenty of others would too, they represent our history and it'd be a massive shame to see them go. 

• Like 2

I don't see why the colors, flags or banners or even the name need to change? I respect that core and senior members want to move on but I don't see why they have to take the flags, banners, name colors etc.. why can't Yarraside continue on with a new generation of people?

• Like 1

I don't see why the colors, flags or banners or even the name need to change? I respect that core and senior members want to move on but I don't see why they have to take the flags, banners, name colors etc.. why can't Yarraside continue on with a new generation of people?

YS is the supporters group for MHFC not City's feeder club and that is the way we want it to stay.

• Like 2

YS is the supporters group for MHFC not City's feeder club and that is the way we want it to stay.

See this is what I dont get, yet you all mostly say you will continue to attend games and presumably support the team? And feeder club? what like we were some great independent entity before with a history and culture?

We were a franchise from day one. A macdonalds sports team with no real reason to exist. To be honest we had a fucking terrible name and the logo was a shambles. Fuck even the mascot was mouth vomit inducing. Serious a boodnut named ticker? It's cringe worthy stuff.

We were privately owned by dudes that I have no affiliation with or any reason to connect with. Seriously we had no chance of achieving success and at the same time surviving. We probably would've survived playing mediocre football for another three years if we were lucky. Look at the way we sold our best players to break even and signed duds to replace them.

But the one thing that was great was that we had a terrace that had forged an identity. The name was great. The colors were great. The songs were better than what I could think of. Rocking up to the pub before a game was great. And you guys wanna throw that all away because the richest club in the world has bought us and wants to use us as place to foster and develop talent. They want to give an opportunity to young blokes here in this city to be part of a world class organisation.

They changed the logo to the mebourne crest/flag/whatever the fuck thing it is .. they even put litte hearts on the logo for you guys... they kept the old strip (seriously forgettable and boring)  as the away strip. And don't get all defensive about the strip and colors when half you motherfuckers bag any cunt that dares to wear colors and call them scarfers.

I just don't see the argument... and then in response you take the name colors, flags, banners and name of the terrace away and say nup start again. But we'll attend and probably stand in the next bay and look at the new terrace struggle?  Sory lads I just don't get it.

• Like 4

See this is what I dont get, yet you all mostly say you will continue to attend games and presumably support the team? And feeder club? what like we were some great independent entity before with a history and culture?

We were a franchise from day one. A macdonalds sports team with no real reason to exist. To be honest we had a fucking terrible name and the logo was a shambles. Fuck even the mascot was mouth vomit inducing. Serious a boodnut named ticker? It's cringe worthy stuff.

We were privately owned by dudes that I have no affiliation with or any reason to connect with. Seriously we had no chance of achieving success and at the same time surviving. We probably would've survived playing mediocre football for another three years if we were lucky. Look at the way we sold our best players to break even and signed duds to replace them.

But the one thing that was great was that we had a terrace that had forged an identity. The name was great. The colors were great. The songs were better than what I could think of. Rocking up to the pub before a game was great. And you guys wanna throw that all away because the richest club in the world has bought us and wants to use us as place to foster and develop talent. They want to give an opportunity to young blokes here in this city to be part of a world class organisation.

They changed the logo to the mebourne crest/flag/whatever the fuck thing it is .. they even put litte hearts on the logo for you guys... they kept the old strip (seriously forgettable and boring)  as the away strip. And don't get all defensive about the strip and colors when half you motherfuckers bag any cunt that dares to wear colors and call them scarfers.

I just don't see the argument... and then in response you take the name colors, flags, banners and name of the terrace away and say nup start again. But we'll attend and probably stand in the next bay and look at the new terrace struggle?  Sory lads I just don't get it.

Stop it, you're not allowed to tell people how to feel.

You are allowed to spell check.

Yarraside made a decision regarding their future in regards to their feelings towards the takeover. It was the decision for the senior members and core of Yarraside to make, not anybody else. If they choose to disband Yarraside and keep it as a  momento of the Heart years taht is their choice. Many people have been left disenchanted by the changes and probably feel that the time, effort, and money that they put in week after week is not worth it if they are not 100% passionate about the new direction of the club. If you disagree then join the new terrace and let Yarraside choose their own path. Their opinion is just as relevant as yours. Also I think that as they created the name and made the terrace from scratch, they deserve to  decide the capacity in which the name is used going forwards, their decision being that it will not be used. Respect their wishes and move on whether you agree or not.

A guy, who didn't know much to do about anything. Watched a bit of soccer and despite the efforts from his vicmong mates chose to sit on the outer and sign up for this new team in red and white.

First game against CCM I watched in a bar in my hotel in Adelaide. The following week I was tempted to stay 1 extra day to watch the lads but after 4 weeks of Adelaide just wanted to go home.

My first game I knew no one, just a chap with big hair looking for his 'seat'.

Looking back now, my... how the fuck that changed for the better quickly.

It's been a blast, enjoyed the highs and the lows and thankful for the friendships formed in such a short space of time.

Thanks to all who made me feel included, involved! And cheers to the lads who's hard work, time, money and effort gave me something to look forward to each week.

Yarraside have completely earnt the right to make whatever decision they deem necessary, I just really don't want to throw away the banners.

Do agree with you , however banners are sometimes certain people's property and therefore their choice, but I was refering to the suggestion of keeping the name

Yarraside have completely earnt the right to make whatever decision they deem necessary, I just really don't want to throw away the banners.

Well you're welcome to re-use the two sticks and flags I made as the core had made it quite clear that when my "queen of Hearts" banner was stolen by RBB was not an endorsed yarraside banner.

Well you're welcome to re-use the two sticks and flags I made as the core had made it quite clear that when my "queen of Hearts" banner was stolen by RBB was not an endorsed yarraside banner.

What was wrong with them?

From a non-active supporter - I'm going to miss Yarraside, but I understand the decision.

Without getting too sentimental you really were the voice of the members, especially towards the end of JA's tenure. Through all that you led the charge and set the example to the rest of us in noise, passion and support.

In better times everything from the chants telling Clint Bolton how much we loved him, to some epic tifos, derbies.. all great memories.

Best of luck in the future, thanks again, and enjoy some quiet beers on the wings next season.

• Like 1

Lol, it was merely damage control

Some pretty naive people here. Just because you bought an active membership and sang for a couple of games doesn't mean you suddenly get to decide what happens to yarraside. How about we respect the wishes of those 22 blokes plus others who put in more than 90 minutes of singing every weekend into yarraside and let them decide what they wish to do with it.

Like I said before I felt this was the only way YS could go but I do get where Freezetime is coming from.

I don't think Yarraside ever belonged to one group of people though, if Melbourne Heart lasted 50 years I think YS would have too and it would have had a completely new core etc.

I do think YS always struggled with definitions though like what exactly made someone part of Yarraside ,etc. Out of curiosity what defined a "senior member?" 

Yeah. why not have a rabble leading our active support.... and us being an embarrassment 

If I had of known that Yarraside belonged to a select little clique that could just decide to pack up our active support and piss off when they felt like it I would never have sung a single song with you. This whole core member, senior member elitist heirarchy is cancerous and you know what good riddance. I hope a new active group starts and enshrined in it's inception is the value that it belongs to the fans and not a little group of elitists.

And this whole we'll still attend games bullshit. Let me guess you guys are gonna find a little corner or sit in the bay next to the new active group? The little cool kids corner for all the dressers? pfft...

What a toss. A self serving egotostical trip you've all been on.

you need people in charge to run the damn thing, more goes into it than just meeting up on game day for a sing along. yarraside was melbourne heart not melbourne city, its what they created and should be respect for the 5 years that they did and grew it into what it did not abused because you dont agree with their decision. the new group will learn from the good and bad from yarraside and make it its own

• Like 1

Like I said before I felt this was the only way YS could go but I do get where Freezetime is coming from.

I don't think Yarraside ever belonged to one group of people though, if Melbourne Heart lasted 50 years I think YS would have too and it would have had a completely new core etc.

I do think YS always struggled with definitions though like what exactly made someone part of Yarraside ,etc. Out of curiosity what defined a "senior member?"

Core and Outer Core agreed unanimously on the announced decision.

If I had of known that Yarraside belonged to a select little clique that could just decide to pack up our active support and piss off when they felt like it I would never have sung a single song with you. This whole core member, senior member elitist heirarchy is cancerous and you know what good riddance. I hope a new active group starts and enshrined in it's inception is the value that it belongs to the fans and not a little group of elitists.

And this whole we'll still attend games bullshit. Let me guess you guys are gonna find a little corner or sit in the bay next to the new active group? The little cool kids corner for all the dressers? pfft...

So in summary:

You hated how Yarraside was run from start to finish,

And you hate a large amount of the main lads that were in Yarraside for the above and how they supposedly acted at games and how they dressed at games.

If that's the case then obviously you should be happier than anyone else that Yarraside has come to a conclusion.

However you are not - For some reason you are complaining because all these ppl that who you hate for all these different reasons will no longer be standing with you.

• Like 1

Who the fuck are you, seriously?

• Like 3