Melbourne Football

Yarraside Announcment

Tesla

4 or so years of pure pleasure. Cheers to everyone, especially those who ran everything as well as they could, and much much better than the mob across town.

Hopefully there is a next group, and they're just as fun to stand with.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone involved with Yarraside, I was only in active for the first time last season but what an amazing time I had. The atmosphere was brilliant, the passion from the fans when celebrating a goal was second to none and the overall fan culture was simply superb. And to core, what an outstanding effort with the time, money and support you have dedicated week in and week out.

What happens now then?  :unsure:

I'd like to be involved with the new supporter group but not actually living in Melbourne will surely make it hard.

• Like 1

Thank you to all.

made friendships that will never be broken, had some of the nights of my life (espicially derby wins. Will never forget the 2-1 win away at Etihad. That night at Bev and Micks will sit happily with me forever)

Best 4 years of my life.

Forever Y-SIDE.

• Like 6

Very sad to hear the news but can understand the decision and respect it entirely.

As has been the case with a few others this season was my first in Active, in fact it was my first real experience of Australian Football and I've enjoyed every moment of it. The Yarraside group have done a magnificent job and have my respect for all the effort and resources they've poured into the Terrace, great stuff lads.

I too would like to be involved with any new supporter group moving forward.

• Like 2

Can't help but be disappointed but credit to everyone who was involved over the years, you guys made Melbourne Heart. Never was an active support member but all of you certainly enriched my football experience and I'm not sure if any other group could replicate it. Good luck for the future :up:

I went from being by myself on the wing at games wishing I knew 1 person I could go to games with, to shooting on the pitch with a media pass, painting banners and making plenty of friends within a matter of months and it was only due to the friendliness and great environment that the YS provided that allowed this to happen. Thankyou to the current and past of YS who have made my summers so kick arse. 

• Like 2

Some people are PMing me asking what happens now, who is starting new groups, etc.

It's not my business anymore, but I think the best bet for those of you interested in starting a new group is to start a thread and see who else is interested.

Yarraside was ultimately what made me fall in love with this club. Standing in the terrace from the first time I did so till the end was amazing. The memories of singing/chanting and cheering a goal with everyone will always be remembered.

Thanks guys.

• Like 2

New group should be called the citizens

Its going to be near impossible to top the name Yarraside. Always loved the name. A whole lot better than some of the bland shit going around like North Terrace or the worst one IMO is the shed.

• Like 3

Some people are PMing me asking what happens now, who is starting new groups, etc.

It's not my business anymore, but I think the best bet for those of you interested in starting a new group is to start a thread and see who else is interested.

Not the time to be shy...