Melbourne Football

The new Logo/Badge

InMyHeart

Fan of the new badge?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Fan of the badge?

• Yes
    • No

The more I look at it the more im starting to like it. I was a bit pessimistic at first but after thinking about it. No one in the leauge has anything close to this. The only thing im not sure about is why they have a yellow ring around it. It should be black. However. Overall its pretty tough. I cant wait untill the kits are released. Im really happy though they kept the heart logo on the sides instead of soccerballs.

I definitely like it, but it does seem strange to have 'MCFC' as well as 'Melbourne City Football Club' on it. 

The hearts are a great touch, and I love the font used (Gotham). I also think it's great that the Melbourne flag was incorporated into it, and I'd like to think this is a nod to the fans using the flag for the last few years. The 4 redrawn icons work well, and it's clever and quite subtle to use the ship from the Man City crest (even though I'm not a Man City fan. The opposite in fact). 

I wouldn't have put the crown on it, even though I know it's on the Melbourne flag, but that's more to do with my personal opinion of the monarchy than anything else.

Overall it does have a great 'traditional' football crest feel to it. 

Know what I like apart from looking professional.

The fact it has the red&white in the logo.

The logo will now never change which means we keep our red and white forever.

Which also means we are no mini man city and have our own unique melbourne identity.

That's what I like.

• Like 2

Fan of the new logo..........yes and no....................probably going to get criticized for this but I just think the red part looks out of place (maybe they needed to add red to the circle) but in saying that and again probably going to get criticized but I was never a fan of the heart emblem and now we have a more traditional football look 

To be honest, it's one of the only real football emblems. It is head and shoulders above the rest. Every other logo, except for Western Sydney and Wellington, look too franchisey (I include our previous logo in that too), it reflects badly on the league I reckon. They look like AFL, NBA and NFL logos to be honest. I hope all clubs go down the path of us in regards of developing a more traditional badge. 

Wouldn't mind an est 2008 on it though.

As most people consider City to be a brand new club I think pretending they were established in 2008 would be mocked by most. 

No they don't - what rubbish 

New Name + New Colours = New Club.

Same venue, same players , same coach ,  "same colors - still red and white" , same city , same fans , same management = Established Club.

Bugger all has changed in reality... 

As most people consider City to be a brand new club I think pretending they were established in 2008 would be mocked by most. 

I'd argue that same fans = same club.

Same venue, same players , same coach ,  "same colors - still red and white" , same city , same fans , same management = Established Club.

Thats your view and Im not going to argue with you as we all have different ideas about what makes a club, but most of the people I know IRL, as well as on forums consider it to be a new club. 

If its so obvious to everybody that it is the same club, you wouldn't need to state the club was established 5 years ago on your logo. 

I'd argue that same fans = same club.

I'd say your both wrong. Just because fans are there doesn't make it the same club. The name change and colour change is usually a deadset giveaway of that fact. But at the same time it's not entirely a new club either due to the continuation of some of hearts connections to the club such as the red and white away, the heart symbols and the red and white on the emblem, and our nickname of being melbourne city "the heart."

The new club will never ever wear Red and White whilst playing in front of the Yarraside End.

Players, Coaches, and Management all come and go and are not the reason most supporters support a club in the long term.

Dont get me wrong - I will support the new club but dont kid yourself into thinking its Melbourne Heart.

The new club will never ever wear Red and White whilst playing in front of the Yarraside End.

Players, Coaches, and Management all come and go and are not the reason most supporters support a club in the long term.

Dont get me wrong - I will support the new club but dont kid yourself into thinking its Melbourne Heart.

Good riddance cos now we have hope of being successful!

Its a Rebrand... Its may not be not be heart anymore . 

But its by no means a new club no matter how much you try and convince others  

Newcastle - new colors , same club  (They re branded also) 

2006 aus_newcastle_jets_1_0607.gif 2012 aus_newcastle_jets_1_1112.png

To be honest, it's one of the only real football emblems. It is head and shoulders above the rest. Every other logo, except for Western Sydney and Wellington, look too franchisey (I include our previous logo in that too), it reflects badly on the league I reckon. They look like AFL, NBA and NFL logos to be honest. I hope all clubs go down the path of us in regards of developing a more traditional badge. 

I agree, to a point, but I think you have to be really careful with starting up a new sporting club in the 21st century and then trying to duplicate the timeless logos of clubs which designed theirs in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. If you do it wrong, they can be atrocious. I think what they've come up with is great, but by the same token, I like how the rest of the A-League teams have done their own thing, instead of trying to pretend that they've been around for a century (even though I think most of the other logos aren't much to write home about). Kind of like how most of the Bundesliga club logos won't be mistaken for masterpieces, but it's cool how the clubs have stuck with them, when they could easily have made them 'better', from a marketing perspective.

Its a Rebrand... Its may not be not be heart anymore . 

But its by no means a new club no matter how much you try and convince others  

Newcastle - new colors , same club  (They re branded also) 

2006 aus_newcastle_jets_1_0607.gif 2012 aus_newcastle_jets_1_1112.png

Actually the first Newcastle United Kit was this:

NewcastleUtd0102.jpg

They then they changed to the Gold when they joined the NSL and in turn adopted the nickname "The Jets".

But the Club has always had the same name (Newcastle Jets) and by the end of next Season they will have worn Red and Blue as much as they worn Gold at Home.

Edited by cadete

Melbourne Heart is dead.

Only have to look at how Melbourne City keeps referring to "the club that would become Melbourne City" since the rebrand to see that they don't see it as one continuous club.

Don't try and kid yourself otherwise.

Edited by FB.