Melbourne Football

Forum Domain Change

Tesla

Love the new name and I am suprised the Melbourne Football domain is still avaliable haha. Just adding my two cents to the colours, I think the new site should use all three that the club uses now. 

I'm still recovering from the news our home kit has white and navy blue

Love the new name and I am suprised the Melbourne Football domain is still avaliable haha. Just adding my two cents to the colours, I think the new site should use all three that the club uses now.

Not really sure on the colours, but that suggestion seems reasonable. Like I posted in another thread, actually the mobile version of the forum uses similar colours to our home kit while the desktop version has similar colours to our away kit already, so I don't see a big rush to change anything there.

As for the domain, it wasn't just registered, I had registered it a couple of years back when we were looking at a domain for the forum, even back then I was surprised it was available and immediately grabbed it. I don't think anyone was keen on it and we ended up using the mhfcsupporters domain which belongs to rwu anyway. I ended up renewing and keeping it for my on collection after yside didn't want it and lucky I did because it's come in handy now :up:

Edited by Tesla

A bit delayed as I unexpectedly didn't get home until 3am but I have been up from 3-5.40am in the morning moving the forum and making sure everything still works.

Might be some issues I've missed, if so let me know. Obviously some other changes need to be done still to get rid of all the MHFC Supporters references (like the logo).

I have been up from 3-5.40am in the morning moving the forum and making sure everything still works.

Making sure the forum works just for us and no other clubs?

Are you being serious or are you messing around?

This really makes no sense at all but the thing is I know what you're talking about.

• Like 3

Some people having issues with Chrome again, pretty sure it's a bug in chrome as it really shouldn't be the correct behaviour, seem to be some old bug reports about it to the chrome/chromium dev team, not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet.

It seems Chrome keeps it's own DNS cache for some reason which isn't updated in a timely fashion, which leads to chrome not knowing were the domain currently points and so a website that has recently had a change to it's DNS may not work.

I's been discussed before in another thread but to fix it basically either:

1. Use a different browser.

2. On mobile version of Chrome, check the Request desktop site button and it should work, you can then uncheck that setting again as it doesn't need to be on, I think checking it initially just forces the browser to lookup where the domain should be pointing.

3. On desktop version of Chrome, you need to clear the cache in chrome (Settings -> advanced settings -> Clear browsing data -> just select clear cache). You don't need to delete history or cookies or anything else though.