Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

I saw a City fan walking out of AAMI Park last match and he was wearing the new away jersey. Any idea how he had it?

Stole it off a player? No chance, it was like XXXXL (if we saw the same guy) David villa 9 on the back. Wasn't A-League oficial letters n numbers though I don't think. There was enough material in that shit to make 3 tents

I'm a big guy, but the bloke in the XXXXXL shirt made me look svelte

Can we not fat-shame one of our own fans who might even be reading this forum? Poor form tbh.

If it weren't for the shitty lettering on the back, it looked a pretty decent mockup imo.

• Like 5

I saw a City fan walking out of AAMI Park last match and he was wearing the new away jersey. Any idea how he had it?

Stole it off a player?No chance, it was like XXXXL (if we saw the same guy) David villa 9 on the back. Wasn't A-League oficial letters n numbers though I don't think.There was enough material in that shit to make 3 tents

I'm a big guy, but the bloke in the XXXXXL shirt made me look svelte

Can we not fat-shame one of our own fans who might even be reading this forum? Poor form tbh.

If it weren't for the shitty lettering on the back, it looked a pretty decent mockup imo. No fat shame ing

Just stating a fact, if that's a problem then sheesh, sorry

That bloke is awesome.

Gave me the details of the contact he had overseas who made it and now ill be able to make my 1 year old a City home kit.

Cause this club still think we don't breed and all

That bloke is awesome.

Gave me the details of the contact he had overseas who made it and now ill be able to make my 1 year old a City home kit.

Cause this club still think we don't breed and all

Any chance you could pass those details on?

Yeah that would be awesome if you could pass on the details. Id like to get one made up for my 3yr old.

Yeah I'd be keen on getting one made up for our 2 year old so if you can pass the details on that'd be great.

Bit baffled by how slow A-League clubs are to sort out the merchandise side of things- particularly when they change a clubs colours, you'd think CFG would want more people in white and sky blue at games...bit hard if you can't actually buy the gear...

Lots of people complaining we wont wear our away kit. We don't even have the need for one. Throughout the world most clubs will use their home/primary kit in all games possible, Only changing kits when necessary. Just because Heart used to wear the away kit in nearly every away game, Even when it wasn't needed to be or when the home kit would have provided better a contrast doesn't mean city should. Heck look at the Nix, They pretty much play in their home kit all season except for the few odd games where their away kit comes out.

Can only seeing us busting out the away kit for Sydney (Due to their issue of us wearing Sky blue, not due to need to change kit). The only clashes we have is a short clash with WSW and a sock clash with CCM (easily fixable with a set of change shorts and socks).

• 3 weeks later...

I am growing to detest this City thing more and more as time goes on.

I am trying to muddle on through.  Sometimes its Ok, other times its difficult.

The cityzens thing though seems largely a good initiative, though the putrid name might be more suited to those that aren't umm "cranky old school Gen Xers" like, say, me. 

I really wish they wouldn't do this jersey design charade though.  We all know its like the old Model T joke around here now, "you can have any colour you like, as long as its sky blue".  They got the feedback from the fans last year and they showed us what they thought of it (and us). Pretending to consider jersey designs is just insulting our intelligence, we all know that anyone who suggests our actual club colours, of red and white stripes, will be ignored again (still don't let that stop you putting them in - its still a way of protesting).

I think the message that needs to go from this forum via the FRG is that at this stage of the game we're not interested in this peripheral off-the-field shit. That can all come once we're competitive on the field.

I think the message that needs to go from this forum via the FRG is that at this stage of the game we're not interested in this peripheral off-the-field shit. That can all come once we're competitive on the field.

I disagree. Merchandise should be a comparatively easy thing to organise and its absence only adds to the lack of respect and neglect I feel as a long time member.

Cfg have gone in dry on the supporter base and fucked us sideways.

I am trying to muddle on through. Sometimes its Ok, other times its difficult.

The cityzens thing though seems largely a good initiative, though the putrid name might be more suited to those that aren't umm "cranky old school Gen Xers" like, say, me.

I really wish they wouldn't do this jersey design charade though. We all know its like the old Model T joke around here now, "you can have any colour you like, as long as its sky blue". They got the feedback from the fans last year and they showed us what they thought of it (and us). Pretending to consider jersey designs is just insulting our intelligence, we all know that anyone who suggests our actual club colours, of red and white stripes, will be ignored again (still don't let that stop you putting them in - its still a way of protesting).

Question do you know for sure that majority fans wanted to keep the red n white, most I speak to prefer to go to sky blue. I'm just asking because I hear it all the time from you guys that cfg didn't listen to fan survey so I'm just wondering where it was ever stated that through the survey majority wanted to retain the old colours.

• Like 1

Poll: Club colours from next season? (253 member(s) have cast votes)

What colours do we want to play in from next season irrespective of the franchise name?

Red & White - same home jersey and away jersey designs (39 votes [15.00%])

Red & White but new home jersey and away jersey designs (59 votes [22.69%])

change of colours home and away (7 votes [2.69%])

different home colours but red and white away colours (4 votes [1.54%])

Red & White home jersey but different away colours (151 votes [58.08%])

What colours do we want to play in from next season irrespective of the franchise name?

Lol 253 members cast votes out of 7,500 members and you expected them to listen. They probably just thought fuck it what's 250 members we'll get that back from the New members we gain as a part of being city. Edited by drewmelbcity

I really wish they wouldn't do this jersey design charade though. We all know its like the old Model T joke around here now, "you can have any colour you like, as long as its sky blue". They got the feedback from the fans last year and they showed us what they thought of it (and us). Pretending to consider jersey designs is just insulting our intelligence, we all know that anyone who suggests our actual club colours, of red and white stripes, will be ignored again (still don't let that stop you putting them in - its still a way of protesting).

Question do you know for sure that majority fans wanted to keep the red n white, most I speak to prefer to go to sky blue. I'm just asking because I hear it all the time from you guys that cfg didn't listen to fan survey so I'm just wondering where it was ever stated that through the survey majority wanted to retain the old colours.

Drew. Do you and Dylan spend much time talking? :)

• Like 1

Lol 253 members cast votes out of 7,500 members and you expected them to listen. They probably just thought fuck it what's 250 members we'll get that back from the New members we gain as a part of being city.

And look what happens when we wear red and white. We lose 5-1 ;)

Question do you know for sure that majority fans wanted to keep the red n white, most I speak to prefer to go to sky blue. I'm just asking because I hear it all the time from you guys that cfg didn't listen to fan survey so I'm just wondering where it was ever stated that through the survey majority wanted to retain the old colours. Drew. Do you and Dylan spend much time talking? :)

No I just hate being proven wrong (e.g your statistics for the fan survey) didn't know they actually published results which I find confusing considering they changed the home top. Anyway sky blue no doubt for us hear on out then.

Question do you know for sure that majority fans wanted to keep the red n white, most I speak to prefer to go to sky blue. I'm just asking because I hear it all the time from you guys that cfg didn't listen to fan survey so I'm just wondering where it was ever stated that through the survey majority wanted to retain the old colours.Drew. Do you and Dylan spend much time talking? :) No I just hate being proven wrong (e.g your statistics for the fan survey) didn't know they actually published results which I find confusing considering they changed the home top. Anyway sky blue no doubt for us hear on out then.

Those poll results are from the poll on this forum not an actual CFG poll

• Like 1

This whole kit debacle would've been avoided if cfg had decided to keep the red & white as our home kit and worn sky blue away. It would've been popular with our supporters and most likely would have appeased sydney fc.

Instead we have an anonymous home kit and an away kit that is rarely seen! It's a bloody joke

• Like 3