Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

Does anyone know if there are any tops similar to the home jersey that can be tried on for fit? I want to make sure I get the right size first time. When I contacted the club they said I could come in and try it on there but they charge an extra $40 for players names and numbers on the shirt, so I'd rather buy it off nike.

maybe a nike jersey from rebel?

Agree.. When I spoke to Rebel Sport asking them whether they are going to bring in the MCFC jersey, they suggested the same thing.. try one of the nike jerseys as apparently they are the same...

So looks like nike has updated it's website and the kit isn't available at this stage

I'd call Nike.

Same thing happened the day after Family Day and i was fuming as i could of got it at Family Day.

Gave them a buzz just to make sure and they said they were having issues with it online but that they did have them avaiable.

Am now the proud owner of this bad boy:)

post-484-0-54322400-1412213940_thumb.jpg

Their reluctance to sell the Away kit just makes it so obvious how much they are trying to rid of the red and white from the crowd.

I disagree with the premise that they are deliberately holding the away kit back. I think there are clear production issues with Nike and when forced to choose, of course they will want the home kit out first.

Even the home kit is very limited in stock at present.

Their reluctance to sell the Away kit just makes it so obvious how much they are trying to rid of the red and white from the crowd.

I disagree with the premise that they are deliberately holding the away kit back. I think there are clear production issues with Nike and when forced to choose, of course they will want the home kit out first.

I dont think there is a deliberate hold back either...

However considering the Home Kit was almost def what the club originally proposed as our Away Kit and the Stripes clearly a knock job done at the last minute when the FFA and SFC got there way... its hardly surprising that the Home Kit has come out a lot earlier than the Stripes.

I dont think there is a deliberate hold back either...

However considering the Home Kit was almost def what the club originally proposed as our Away Kit and the Stripes clearly a knock job done at the last minute when the FFA and SFC got there way... its hardly surprising that the Home Kit has come out a lot earlier than the Stripes.

I still think the home kit was a rushed job because of the FFA knock back rather than the away kit. When all the changes were announced along with David Villa, he was wearing a t-shirt with the logo and holding the away kit. So I still think the red and white stripes was always intended to be an away kit, since you would think if they had the home kit sorted he would have been holding that one in the photo instead.

But agreed that they arnt deliberatly holding back the away kit because its red and white. Man City staggered the release of the home and away kit so its probably just normal for CFG. 

Anywho I hope the home white with sky blue as a secondary continues.

Edited by Dylan

Not sure whether to get David villa on the back now. Decisions.

Just my opinion, but even though its great to have this man playing for us, it is only just for 10 games.

Would prefer to get someone who will be there either for the full season or someone who has been around for a while.

I still think the home kit was a rushed job because of the FFA knock back rather than the away kit. When all the changes were announced along with David Villa, he was wearing a t-shirt with the logo and holding the away kit. So I still think the red and white stripes was always intended to be an away kit, since you would think if they had the home kit sorted he would have been holding that one in the photo instead.

My thinking too. I originally also felt the red and white away was a second thought but when it came to the rebrand/villa announcement the away jersey was the only option to give villa because of the FFA situation on the home kit. It took the club another 3 months to finally get Villa pictured in the eventual home kit (Which he looks very very nice in btw), which if it was the original away kit option, it wouldn't have taken so long.

Holding the away kit back to get more of the home kit out there, also giving away the free customisation through nike. Makes sense. They want to get as much of the new stuff out there. My guess away kit won't be available until days before the opening home game or after.

Here's a rundown:

1. The club only sells what Nike give them. They will do names/personalisation for $40 extra. They have to charge so that they can cover the cost and they understand Nike are making a loss by not charging for personalisation. At this stage, they have been told by Nike that at best, the next batch/order will be coming in December 2014. But they said that Nike's issues in producing kits has stemmed from the FFA's issue and delay in approving the new kit and badge. They also said that as a Club, they are considered a priority seller and will get more merch before Rebel and other sports stores, and will get it before them if there is a limited delivery. The Club has asked about kids kit, but have been told nothing and they seem annoyed, because of demand. Nike have made some replica item, but is in no way the actual kit, and the Club don't really like it. The Club's position was buy before they run out. 

2. Nike have run out of anything above XL. They said that they thought they would have new stuff by January 2015, but were hoping for more sooner. The personalisation will continue on to next year. The next order they anticipate receiving is Away Kits. If more home kits trickle through, they will be added to inventory as they arrive. But if they sell out now, they will, in essence, have nothing. 

Remember season 1 when Reebok didn't have any jerseys until the season was virtually over? We are a small club, the jersey's have been decided fairly late, the home jersey is based on an existing design and so is easier to produce in bulk. It's only costing Nike and the club sales without an away jersey.

Here's a rundown:

1. The club only sells what Nike give them. They will do names/personalisation for $40 extra. They have to charge so that they can cover the cost and they understand Nike are making a loss by not charging for personalisation. At this stage, they have been told by Nike that at best, the next batch/order will be coming in December 2014. But they said that Nike's issues in producing kits has stemmed from the FFA's issue and delay in approving the new kit and badge. They also said that as a Club, they are considered a priority seller and will get more merch before Rebel and other sports stores, and will get it before them if there is a limited delivery. The Club has asked about kids kit, but have been told nothing and they seem annoyed, because of demand. Nike have made some replica item, but is in no way the actual kit, and the Club don't really like it. The Club's position was buy before they run out. 

2. Nike have run out of anything above XL. They said that they thought they would have new stuff by January 2015, but were hoping for more sooner. The personalisation will continue on to next year. The next order they anticipate receiving is Away Kits. If more home kits trickle through, they will be added to inventory as they arrive. But if they sell out now, they will, in essence, have nothing. 

No one is making a loss charging $90 for a shirt with or without personalisation.. 

• Like 1

yup

Doesn't help when all these people who fought for 'Keep Melbourne Red and White' have gone out and bought the new home kit.

• Like 2