Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

The FFA cup gear they just put up on FB is shithouse.

yeah. I did notice the polo didnt have a nike logo and they said it's for the FFA Cup. It's pretty generic and shitty. They could be just testing the waters with the blue hat and polo before signing off on the official stuff. As someone said in the comments. The polo looks like a sydney top !! They could at least put black on the polo instead of navy !! (it is navy isn't it ?? looks it on my screen)

Wow the amount of dislike on facebook is incredible. I for one will not where something with that much blue in it. After all our main home colour is white not sky blue. And the prices are terrible.

Prices are great... Should be more expensive so less ppl buy it

Hopefully the club will take notice of the slamming the baby-blue gear is getting on FB. They can keep on trying to force the blue onto us but its pretty clear those against the blue are in the majority by far.
The clubs the one that will look stupid if they keep this up and the fans keep on supporting the Red and the White

• Like 2

A lot of people are whinging about the price I don't know if they have bought supporter apparel before but I don't think $70 for a polo is outrageous.. The colour is terrible though I don't understand why they wouldn't make a white polo our strips are white and away strips have white on them. Would be surprised if a single one of these will be purchased on the day! man city fans possibly

The clubs the one that will look stupid if they keep this up

To who though? Who do they need to impress? Fair call but if the 2000 + of hardcore heart supporters pulled the pin on this and left, what would you have in the crowd, less then 4k with smidgen of blue and white deadly silent during the game.

They should attempt to impress the foundation members before jamming mini man city down our throat.

To who though? Who do they need to impress?

I assume that the main reason for purchasing teams is ego. Once you have a few sports cars, mansions etc the next thing on your show-off list is to buy a football club. As investments go they’re pretty terrible.

Buying Melbourne Heart is their attempt to buy into Asia and the Asian Cup. That way they get to show off to their neighbours. Once we get to that stage of playing AFC it will look embarrassing in front of those you’re trying to impress if your team plays in one colour and its supporters are wearing other colours. You would lose face.

There is no red on the home strip, it's no longer the clubs main colour. Hence sky blue and white merchandise. Like it or not. Accept it.

I do accept it, not that I like it. But the home colour is actually 95% white and not sky blue. Total misrepresentation of our home colours and a way of foisting sky blue onto the club.

A lot of people are whinging about the price I don't know if they have bought supporter apparel before but I don't think $70 for a polo is outrageous.. The colour is terrible though I don't understand why they wouldn't make a white polo our strips are white and away strips have white on them. Would be surprised if a single one of these will be purchased on the day! man city fans possibly

That's true, but $70 for an average polo that's full sky blue is not worth near that amount. If it was the white polo and good quality then yes it'd be worth it.

• Like 3

To who though? Who do they need to impress? Fair call but if the 2000 + of hardcore heart supporters pulled the pin on this and left, what would you have in the crowd, less then 4k with smidgen of blue and white deadly silent during the game.

They should attempt to impress the foundation members before jamming mini man city down our throat.

You mean like all those Supporters who threatened on here to pull the pin if the rebranded club's home colours were not Red and White??? :rolleyes:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

To who though? Who do they need to impress?Fair call but if the 2000 + of hardcore heart supporters pulled the pin on this and left, what would you have in the crowd, less then 4k with smidgen of blue and white deadly silent during the game.

You mean like all those Supporters who threatened on here to pull the pin if the rebranded club's home colours were not Red and White??? :rolleyes: Yes, including them.

When emotions are running high everyone says things they perhaps don't always mean.

Confusion and anger does that to you

To who though? Who do they need to impress?Fair call but if the 2000 + of hardcore heart supporters pulled the pin on this and left, what would you have in the crowd, less then 4k with smidgen of blue and white deadly silent during the game.

You mean like all those Supporters who threatened on here to pull the pin if the rebranded club's home colours were not Red and White??? :rolleyes:

Haha I was waiting for this

There is no red on the home strip, it's no longer the clubs main colour. Hence sky blue and white merchandise. Like it or not. Accept it.

I do accept it, not that I like it. But the home colour is actually 95% white and not sky blue. Total misrepresentation of our home colours and a way of foisting sky blue onto the club.

Exactly this. The polo should be white two blue stripes down it. They must think we're stupid if they thought the average supporter wouldn't recognize that their trying to thrust the sky blue on us.

I think the tee is pretty sweet, you're not going to be able to produce every bit of merchandise that people will like and will look nice. There are many heart items that I thought looked pretty terrible and there were other items that were pretty sweet. I'm a Man City supporter and I don't think the polo looks nice just as I never liked the red and white striped polo they use to sell.

Why not just not buy this merchandise if you don't like it?

If I don't get a new club scarf in my membership pack come September, and I don't like what the club has on offer (either design or price or both), I'll be doing one of two things. Either wearing my red-and-white scarf, or, even though I'm not in active, asking whether I can buy a Melburnians scarf.

There are times when you have to vote with your feet and keep your wallet closed.

• Like 2