Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Be interested to know if all these members are re signs. I would suggest so. Not sure if any of the extended soccer community would even know if memberships are available to buy. Weird during wc no advertising yet?????

From memory after our third year it was said that we had gone through about 14,000 individual members or something. If that is true, I'd imagine its a lot of those old members re-signing who stayed on the mailing list. 

I'm a completely new member, and although a casual fan of the Heart for the past few years, I don't have the same level of connection to the Heart name and colours as many others on the forum understandably do.

Just a few things that have encouraged me to signup this season:

• The new ownership group and connection to Man City - I completely understand the viewpoint from many that may not feel the same way, but I think this is really exciting for the football club and the A-league in general.
  • Initial signings - David Villa and Damien Duff, plus the International Marquee and Australian Marquee still to come.
  • From a personal standpoint I recently moved within walking distance to AAMI Park, so will be able to get to a lot more home games.

Agree that the real injection of new supporters/members will come when there is more advertising through traditional media.  Perhaps this will happen once one or both of the marquee signings have been sorted.

Edited by StringerBell
  • Like 4

Sucks I couldn't just simply renew as I'm no longer concession. Hopefully my email to them still lets them recognise me as a renewed member...

Got active support membership and got a mate to tag along and grab a membership!

as long as you signed in with your account on the website, you could select a new type of membership and wont have that issue. 

Sucks I couldn't just simply renew as I'm no longer concession. Hopefully my email to them still lets them recognise me as a renewed member...

Got active support membership and got a mate to tag along and grab a membership!

You can renew bud I was in the same situation I just rang them told them I want to renew but I am no longer concession and they just changed it for me and I still got to keep my same seat (not that we sit down)

It should. I don't see any logic in waiting. The next 2 to 3 weeks is all about the WC and soccer. As soon as it finishes its back to AFL. They should have begun some sort of mainstrean marketing campaign. Its great we hit 3k and its probably above expectations. I just feel its the clubs responsibility to generate a buzz. Get people interested in the relabled team. Just puzzles me.

• Like 1

Notch it up one more member. I decided that it was time that I showed some solidarity with you guys so I bought an international membership. I have a zero percent chance of making it to any games this season (maybe in future seasons, but give it a few years) but it felt like the right thing to do.

:clap:

Hi guys, looking to sign up finally after years of contemplating. I've got mates in active support but also wanted to go to some games with the wife. Is it safe to assume if I get an Active support membership I can sit GA whenever I want??

Yep! Although for the derby there's different rules

Hi guys, looking to sign up finally after years of contemplating. I've got mates in active support but also wanted to go to some games with the wife. Is it safe to assume if I get an Active support membership I can sit GA whenever I want??

Yep! Although for the derby there's different rules

Thanks mate!!! Derby's you've actually got to sort out a seat yeah? 

Shit, just realised I made my name all capitals. Let's see if I can change that... lol

3027 even.

Is this perhaps the result of the DD bubble which we didn't think was going to happen this suddenly? Or did a lot of people just wake up and find that they really wanted to become members? ;)

The so-called price freeze ends on 27th. That's probably the motivator for the next two days.

Notch it up one more member. I decided that it was time that I showed some solidarity with you guys so I bought an international membership. I have a zero percent chance of making it to any games this season (maybe in future seasons, but give it a few years) but it felt like the right thing to do.

Admirable in every way. Living in Hertfordshire you won't even be able to be there when we play Oldham and Bolton...the rest of us have a lot to live up to.

3008 @ 9:42

Where can you see this? Membership page still says 2992.

Thanks for your reply on this. Maybe someone more savvy than I am can explain why you could see one number (on a cell phone or iPod?) but I could see another on my PC.

Doesn't really matter I suppose. Now at 3130 (according to my PC!).

• Like 1

3008 @ 9:42

Where can you see this? Membership page still says 2992.

Thanks for your reply on this. Maybe someone more savvy than I am can explain why you could see one number (on a cell phone or iPod?) but I could see another on my PC.

Doesn't really matter I suppose. Now at 3130 (according to my PC!).

Either your browser or ISP's cache was showing you an older version most likely. 

• Like 2