Melbourne Football

The Jacob Melling Thread

AntiScum

Overall had a good game. Has energy and drive.

A few passes went stray but overall was good.

With Mooy coming back I would have him on the bench and bring him on the last 20/30 minutes, and he will gives us the drive we seem to lose near the end of a game.

Id rather have him starting with mooy and paartalu

I can understand that, however he is a young player and I believe it is better to gradually introduce him.

I think it will benefit the team more by him coming on later in the 2nd half and give us that drive to the end of the game.

I was non plussed about miller playing...but I thought that he was comfortable on the ball and I think his experience also helped Paartalu play a more controlled game.

I believe a midfield trio of Paartalu, Miller and Mooy can help us gain more control in the middle of the park and maybe take pressure of the defence.

I wouldn't be bothered if Melling does play from the start...but as I say I believe at the moment he could benefit us more coming off the bench

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolute fucking tank. Commander, future captain material.

He's like a shorter, whiter Yaya Toure

If he was in "Fury" instead of brad Pitt he would have survived the SS onslaught then ripped them apart with his bare hands

Love his intensity !!!!!

• Like 3

He was being bear hugged and the natural reflex to it is to swing your arm. He didn't even see his head.

And where was the yellow to Broxham for the holding, was Melling not on a counter attack?

Agree with that 100%

At the time I just assumed that bro ham had been carded. Plus the fact he was hardly touched but went down like a toddler, he should go and play netball or croquet or something

He was being bear hugged and the natural reflex to it is to swing your arm. He didn't even see his head.

And where was the yellow to Broxham for the holding, was Melling not on a counter attack?

Agree with that 100%

At the time I just assumed that bro ham had been carded. Plus the fact he was hardly touched but went down like a toddler, he should go and play netball or croquet or something

i think knitting would suit him better

Agree with that 100%

So very true. There was a definite pause between the elbow and then Broxham going down. Only slight contact and really obvious Broxham was trying to milk a red out of the ref for Melling.

Loved seeing Millicunt's reaction on the vid. Big difference between seeing a guy open and vulnerable and giving him 10 stitches with a cheap shot, to reacting against someone who has their arms wrapped around you.... and the audacity of Muscunt to sulk about it afterwards?

Give me a break you pathetic fukn scum - best Christmas present ever!

I'm to too fussed about it. Could have sent Melling off if he'd pleased, the yellow means the MRP can't  touch it and we avoid losing him for 3 weeks like Milligan.

Broxham is still a soft cunt.

• Like 2

Has the heart of a lion. Flies in with tackles, and is all effort and all action for every moment he's on the pitch. Maybe a touch too much intensity last night, but thankfully it wasn't an issue.

If Koren was fit we probably wouldn't have seen Melling play any real minutes so far this season, so I'd call it a real silver lining that we've seen Melling get real minutes, and seen him earn a spot in the team in recent weeks.

Very glad Melling's a City player.

Melling is better than Mauk at this stage.

Agree however i think Mauk has been very unlucky when coming to team selection. I reckon he would've had a place nailed down in the starting line-up if it wasn't for all that young socceroos duty.

Both will still be great players though :up:

I tend to agree re Mauk. But lately Williams has been industrious without being productive, Brown has not cemented a place, Ramsay is struggling and Murdocca is another player that is industrious without being productive. Hopefully Mauk can prove himself to be a good alternative to the players mentioned. Hmm, competition for spots.

Has the heart of a lion. Flies in with tackles, and is all effort and all action for every moment he's on the pitch. Maybe a touch too much intensity last night, but thankfully it wasn't an issue.

If Koren was fit we probably wouldn't have seen Melling play any real minutes so far this season, so I'd call it a real silver lining that we've seen Melling get real minutes, and seen him earn a spot in the team in recent weeks.

Very glad Melling's a City player.

I guess the one negative with Koren back is that Melling will most likely drop to the bench which is a bloody shame to be honest.

I think though that with Melling playing so well, Koren can take his time coming back into thr staring 11. Will probably get another 30 off the bench against Perth and then about 65-70 minutes agains Newcastle.