Melbourne Football

Potential Culture Changes for MHFC

MHFC Culture and the Manchester City Influence  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in support of MHFC changing its name to Melbourne City?

2. 2. Are you in support of the club colours changing to light blue/white in line with Manchester City, or would you rather keep the established red and white?

Hey all,

I’m a journalism student at Monash University, and though only recently, a Melbourne Heart supporter. As part of my course I’m looking to pursue a story surrounding the Manchester City takeover and the expected club changes to take place respectively, particularly the name and kit colour changes. There are obviously the issues in regards to Sydney FC’s club culture built around the ‘Sky Blues’ nickname to consider, as well as the culture Melbourne Heart and their supporters have begun to build here over their few seasons.

Ideally I am looking to briefly interview an admin of the supporters’ club, or other such prominent leader in regards to these changes, with the current A-League season now finished, and the changes expecting to be made before 2015.

In addition, if there were some way to get a poll on the home page of the supporter’s club website, where all visiting traffic could vote on their opinions for the name and colour changes, I would be truly grateful.

Please let me know if any of these ideas are possible to any degree, I am eager to write a story on football culture in Australia, and I believe the current issues Melbourne Heart is in the thick of would be perfect.

Isaac

Good luck with the project. Will there be anyway of seeing the fruits of your labour?

Absolutely! If I can actually get the research done to write it. I'm huge on Australian football culture and the excited for the game to grow here so if I can write a somewhat decent article then I'd love to spread it round a bit.

Hey KSK, thanks for the links. I realise it's a topic already under a huge amount of discussion and I hate to be that guy who posts another thread about something already done to death, but unfortunately this story has to be based off my own inquiries and research so I can't just reference other threads. I was just hoping to get a short interview with someone highly involved in the community as a stepping stone for the story, the poll was just something I added upon seeing the option.

Perhaps you'd be best to wait until any decision regarding those culture changing factors you mentioned actually occurs. :up:

• Like 1