Melbourne Football

Connor Chapman

DieHardRed

1 hour ago, DAM10 said:

All the best. Another young player that wasn't given a fair opportunity by the clowns in charge.

I just don't get this in the slightest. He started in 14 games last season plus 5 this season. I don't doubt there were other issues with our team and its results which everyone is affected by. But as an individual he's had plenty of opportunities to show his quality. 

Just regarding his quality I think he was more than adequate even as a bench player but anyway, that's the clubs decision for whatever reason they felt he didn't have a place there. 

2 hours ago, DAM10 said:

All the best. Another young player that wasn't given a fair opportunity by the clowns in charge.

That's just nonsense. He was given a contract to 31/05/2019, a measure of the club's confidence in him to grow as a player. Not every player can start in every match.
Hopefully we get a decent fee for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moops said:

Good luck to him, he seems to have been on the outer lately, so a change could be good for him.

I wish him the best and the K League isn't a bad place to go, neither is the country.

Go along with all of this.

The bloke definitely needs a change, ordinary last year and hasn't set the world on fire this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Go along with all of this.

The bloke definitely needs a change, ordinary last year and hasn't set the world on fire this year. 

Despite the club's alleged focus on youth, and JvS often being associated with youth development, I don't think we have a particularly impressive record with our young players, home-grown or brought in from other clubs. Chapman's one of those who hasn't really gone on with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Despite the club's alleged focus on youth, and JvS often being associated with youth development, I don't think we have a particularly impressive record with our young players, home-grown or brought in from other clubs. Chapman's one of those who hasn't really gone on with it.

To me the youth focus was really only something from the Heart era. Might have been promoted as an altruistic thing for Australian football etc but in my book it was actually just so they could develop and sell players to make a quid.

City don't need the money so aren't bothering to do it.

• Like 2

On 21/01/2017 at 7:31 PM, Shahanga said:

To me the youth focus was really only something from the Heart era. Might have been promoted as an altruistic thing for Australian football etc but in my book it was actually just so they could develop and sell players to make a quid.

City don't need the money so aren't bothering to do it.

Exactly this. It was actually hearts business model to develop players and sell them- which is why it was openly celebrated in season 2 i think it was when we broke even after selling a number of younger players.

It became pretty clear after a few seasons that it was far from sustainable so the owners changed tactics and went for the "dont spend any money to make money" model.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1