Melbourne Football

IN or Out

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON

191 members have voted

1. 1. If a name and colour change came next season who is IN or Out

Besides Villa holding up a red and white shirt when he was announced, here's an Instgram pic of Hoffman beside a Heart badge banner with red and white background:http://instagram.com/p/o2R2Pfkgqd/ (although there is also a banner w/ a sky blue background, and I expected that, but I'm glad to see a red and white banner).

(can Instagram pics be copied and pasted or shown on this forum? not sure how to do so)

More displays of that, red and white being clearly shown as a part of the club, and I'll confirm I'm on board. I'm slowly becoming convinced that they want red and white to be a central part of this club's identity.

So more of stuff like that, and official confirmation that the Man City campaign to make this club's home kit fully sky blue is dead and buried, and I'll quickly confirm that I'm a member and supporter for next season.

If you get the source URL for the image, you just post it like a normal photo:

10387831_1428557764081604_233627449_n.jp

Given that the poll doesn´t apply to me I have still followed the arguments.. But given that there´s still a striped Red&white shirt and still a Red&white logo albeit with a blue circle around it I wonder where this line in the sand are really. I mean.. You can argue that everything have changed and you can argue that it still is pretty much as before even if changes have happened.

What I´m trying to say is.. As the fans are those that carry the soul of the club within themselves, to what degree does it remain the old Heart?

Agreed. I was one who voted In for name change and Out for colour change. But despite the change in our home kit, I'm going to support Melbourne City because IMO our colours haven't really changed all that much. It would have been completely different if our home kit was sky blue but as Murfy said, the white is a neutral colour, and with the red and white in the middle of our new badge and as our away kit, Melbourne City is still red and white in my mind. 

So for MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON to say that anyone who said OUT are 'full of shit' for sticking around, it's not as simple as a yes or no to a colour change, because many (including myself) would have assumed that should there be a colour change, that it would be to sky blue, in which case I would be OUT. But the white is clearly a compromise (albeit a forced one from the FFA), and I'm willing to accept that and simply wear the away top to games when I come and support Melbourne City! 

Will be renewing my active membership this weekend! 

• Like 1

Club has almost entirely changed, so can't see myself getting along to nearly as much games as last season.

Don't have any problem saying that.

More interesting for me, is how much of the supporters in here will continue to to put in the same man hours making tifos, doing away trips and being involved in a terrace, for a club that many of them are on record as saying is now dead and that they will be significantly less passionate about  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

So after ridiculing several posters for saying that they would support this “New Club with New Colours" if this occurred...

You are now saying that you will be lending this “New Club with New Colours” your support and even attending “some of its games”??? :droy:

And let’s not forget that I asked you repeatedly if to qualify that you never support the "New Club with New Colours" and you indeed confirmed that you never support the new club if it had new colours.

I'm not going to games to support the club, I'm going cause I know how much it eats you up inside.Thanks for playing   :up:  :up:

Now seeing that you said this club is dead to you now and you don't have nearly any the same passion for this club anymore, logic would dictate that you probably aren't the right person to be leading the terrace in support of this club. So the question is, WILL YOU be standing down from Core in leading the terrace of MCFC  :hmm:  :hmm: :hmm:

First off, I have say it’s pretty darn funny that one of most frugal people that I have/will ever meet is prepared to spend pretty good money just so he can receive a presumed reaction from myself. I really did not know I played that big part in your life.

Secondly, it’s made funnier when you consider the fact that the whole way through this stupid saga that I and most the other PPL I spoke to all agreed on one thing.

That no matter what FB said, and how many times FB said it, that if MHFC was replaced by a new club FB would still be at the match the following Season.

So maybe you should probably not waste your money on such a fruitless cause.

FWIW seeing as you do not support MCFC and claim you never will why do you give a flying fuck about its Terrace or the makeup of its leadership group? :hmm:

Dont you think it’s a bit rich for a Non MCFC Supporter to try to aggressively and publicly rule out PPL from playing apart in the Active Support group of a club they dont even support?

I’m sorry mate but I really dont think that you should have that much clout or sway on the Issue.

Now you are right about one thing - Which is unlike some PPL that I have come across in my life I was raised by Father to try to the best of my abilities to be a man of my word.

My postion on MCFC has never changed and I attempted to emphasise this earlier this afternoon by when I reposted my early thoughts about MCFC when I first accepted that reality of the situation.

Obvious as Hackett has mentioned elsewhere Core will discussing a lot of things in coming months and my consistent position on MCFC will obv affect how I conduct myself in such discussions.

However there is no way that I am going to be forced into making decisions about MCFC Active Support by someone who will not even call himself a MCFC Supporter.

A person who is attempting to put words into mine and Telsa’s mouths that we never said because he has been caught out having to eat his own.

Now if you wish at the beginning of next season I will sign your Membership Card so you can have a “Anti-Cadete Membership” instead of a “MCFC Membership.

• Like 2

Logo's shit, home shirt is shit, i'm still bamboozled on why the red and white was not made the home strip because supposedly they care so much about paying 'homage' to the red and white :droy:.

Will support the team from my couch until i feel the same connection i did with heart. 

Just because they signed Villa doesn't make it ok that the changed the entire club. Unfortunately for other people, this won't be the case

• Like 2

As long as I can have a few beers pre, post and during matches with the great people who have been around our supporters group in the past, il be over as regularly as before.

It really is a fact though we will all be supporting a different team.

Bring out the fixture so I can start booking flights!

• Like 3

Those who are OUT... If you're watching the derby round 1 at the stadium or at home and see that the team with several players who you've supported for 1-4 seasons from the Yarraside (or from anywhere else in the stands) with such passion, score and subsequently beat the Tards; are you telling me that you're not gonna celebrate?!

You can lose some passion but not enough to reduce the excitement we've all felt over the past few years...

OUT!

If you're someone who would at the very least prefer for the colours to stay Red & White, giving an answer along the lines of 'I'd rather we kept our colours but would continue supporting the team', is basically saying to CFG 'Yes, go ahead!' If they really are determined to change our colours, any answer besides a 'NO' gives them leverage to do so. If they know people will still be onboard even if they didn't really want a colour change, they'll know they can't lose anyhting from those people.

So in short, even if you would be mildly annoyed, disheartened, etc., any response in a public forum should be 'OUT', no compromise. Don't give them any reason to think it would be ok!

This statement was written with many people on this forum in mind, including myself. So to categorically say i was 'out' is wrong.

I'm on board, but with a feeling of indifference about our colours (although I'm happy it's not all sky blue).

Not that I feel I need to justify myself to a dickhead, I just thought I'd post this so I don't have morons hassling me in case I do post something.

Those who are OUT... If you're watching the derby round 1 at the stadium or at home and see that the team with several players who you've supported for 1-4 seasons from the Yarraside (or from anywhere else in the stands) with such passion, score and subsequently beat the Tards; are you telling me that you're not gonna celebrate?!

You can lose some passion but not enough to reduce the excitement we've all felt over the past few years...

Exactly my thoughts. Inaugural manager still in charge. Hoffman will still be playing ffs. Same team, just on steroids.

Given that the poll doesn´t apply to me I have still followed the arguments.. But given that there´s still a striped Red&white shirt and still a Red&white logo albeit with a blue circle around it I wonder where this line in the sand are really. I mean.. You can argue that everything have changed and you can argue that it still is pretty much as before even if changes have happened.

What I´m trying to say is.. As the fans are those that carry the soul of the club within themselves, to what degree does it remain the old Heart?

The line in the sand for me was Sydney FC/NSW coloured home jersey. It hasn't happened luckily. The new admin though hasn't distinguished itself in glory off the field, and the relationship of the franchise owners to the supporters is central to the concept of 'club' I hope that it improves, let's give it some time. Just like George Bernard Shaw said that the UK and the US were two countries separated by a common language, it'll take CFG some time to tweak that UK and Australia are two different football cultures separated by a common love of football

The line in the sand for me was Sydney FC/NSW coloured home jersey. It hasn't happened luckily. The new admin though hasn't distinguished itself in glory off the field, and the relationship of the franchise owners to the supporters is central to the concept of 'club' I hope that it improves, let's give it some time. Just like George Bernard Shaw said that the UK and the US were two countries separated by a common language, it'll take CFG some time to tweak that UK and Australia are two different football cultures separated by a common love of football

The relationship will improve. But only as the fans continue to compromise toward CFG, not the other way around. The club will continue to become more and more a tool of CFG, the Heart identity will continue to fade away. Sad, but without CFG pulling out, inevitable.

I have finally voted that I'm in. My decision was solely on the emblem and the home and away jerseys, not on the villa signing at all. I amongst many others contributed to the Keep The Red and White and I feel that while we didn't get exactly what we want it still made a pivotal impact on us keeping our founding colours. For me the biggest assurance was 1. The red and white away strip 2. Seeing that the home strip jersey was not all sky blue. For those that feel very strongly about the red and white strip it allows them to still wear those colours, which I'll be doing, but with time I'm sure I'll warm to the home jersey as well.

The new owners are really trying hard to show us that our original club is still there in a descent size capacity, and while we could turn around and say to them to fuck off and that they are only acting on behalf of their own interest to soften the blow for us supporters, I'd rather they are doing this than they came here as the big bully and change everything totally.

And I hope any of those thinking this is a sell out notice that I didn't mention anything about players or success, cause they have always been secondary things to me when supporting a club. It's easy to look at the negatives, but I think there are many positives to take out of this. Depends on how you look at it.

This might come as a shock to most, but good things have to come to an end.

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON has just made his final post, thanks for all the laughs and abuse in the last season it's been great dealing with you all.

I'm leaving you with the list of members who voted OUT if we ever had a name and colour change to our home kit... Now I've noticed some are IN today, so if you go back a few pages on this thread of mine you will see they are full of shit! (If they try say they never voted OUT)

VOTED OUT!

Haydos

Mar11

Japiedog

Demon_Heart

Milanista93

Rellum

dRoy

FB

Ando

Johnno cpfc

Young Polak

Matt

Kingofhearts

Peter

Belaguttman

Niko

Red and white in that number

K-aram92

Bannon

Yelawolf

Melburnian

Pete HeartSpur

Kiro Kompiro

Coys

Sash

KSK_47's (Wife)

Thanks to these members for making this experience a good one!

Heart of Melbourne

jw1739

Niko

Melburnian

d.Krejc87

Harrison

Sash

Falastur

Just like our club I'm going with a new name, for a fresh start! Long live the Heart!

P.S Jimmy Your A Fat Fuck With A Small Dick, Hitting You Would Be Like Stealing From A Baby!

Not afraid to admit I've done a complete back flip, a while ago actually, just didn't think my opinion mattered to much, but thanks to MUNTD/MLBHRT/ERMGHRD/ESSNDN for pointing us voters out.

Reflecting, I feel i voted in the heat of the moment, which affected my vote. 

If beer is flowing, mates are around, we can abuse the substitute players, and we have a terrace (hopefully YSIDE are still existent) then i will swallow the pill that I won't see R&W at AAMI anymore. 

Will wear the Red and White with pride, and attend more away games to get dem 'Old Days' feels.

Bring on the future. 

Out. I've moved to the acceptance stage of DABDA. I don't begrudge anyone who will follow Melbourne City and will probably have a soft spot for the team. David Villa is an awesome guest signing and you guys deserve success.

If I still lived in Melbourne I would probably begrudgingly jump on board. Now that I'm not in the city the idea of supporting a global brand from interstate doesn't appeal and makes no sense to me. Especially since I imagine in 5 years the red will be completely gone and in its place the mini Man City we were promised we wouldn't become.

Thanks for the good times. Heart was an unsuccessful but amazingly fun ride for those 4 years. 

• Like 1

Out. I've moved to the acceptance stage of DABDA. I don't begrudge anyone who will follow Melbourne City and will probably have a soft spot for the team. David Villa is an awesome guest signing and you guys deserve success.

If I still lived in Melbourne I would probably begrudgingly jump on board. Now that I'm not in the city the idea of supporting a global brand from interstate doesn't appeal and makes no sense to me. Especially since I imagine in 5 years the red will be completely gone and in its place the mini Man City we were promised we wouldn't become.

Thanks for the good times. Heart was an unsuccessful but amazingly fun ride for those 4 years. 

Fair enough. Are you going to support Sydney FC? 

Fair enough. Are you going to support Sydney FC? 

That would make logistical sense but I feel nothing toward Sydney, though their signings have been good so far. 

Would never in a million years support WSW. 

So I'll probably go back to watching A-League without a team, like I did before Heart came along.

EDIT: Of course I will always hope City smash Victory in the derby!

Edited by Caddy
  • Like 1

My place of employment re-branded, 

Sure the high Vis orange polos we now have don't really suit a software company and i liked the black better..  

Most of the people are still the same , every now and then management changes and staff are refreshed.    

We make more money now and are more successful  ... 

Does this sound famillier...

Why the Heck would you be out now!     

(I understand if you were born in Manchester and followed the red team for you entire life) 

Otherwise there is no excuse - its sport and its Melbourne - Get on board

• Like 1

This might come as a shock to most, but good things have to come to an end.

MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSNDON has just made his final post, thanks for all the laughs and abuse in the last season it's been great dealing with you all.

I'm leaving you with the list of members who voted OUT if we ever had a name and colour change to our home kit... Now I've noticed some are IN today, so if you go back a few pages on this thread of mine you will see they are full of shit! (If they try say they never voted OUT)

VOTED OUT!

Belaguttman

Actually I hadn't voted out, I hadn't voted at all, now I've voted in because we aren't playing in light blue and we've kept red and white, at least for the away jersey

Well I hadn't cast a vote because I remembered some wise words from a colleague years ago who said "don't make decisions when you're stressed or angry”. And I’ve been angry about the way the previous owners simply “ran the club down” and didn’t have the finances and/or HEART to build a club that was going to challenge for silverware; silly marketing based decision to appointment JA when AM was better credentialed – we know how that ended up. All the while we complained and shook our heads but still kept turning up.

The arrival of a foreign owner with money means we can do a hellovalot better on and off the pitch but it’s kind of a Faustian pact. Accept the money and you’ll have to accept their conditions. Except it was Sidwell at al and FFA that were receiving the money; the fans were going to have to accept whatever CFG was going to dish out. CFG said they’d listen to many stakeholders including existing fans. I can wear the change of name, the away kit is great, the home kit is OK, I like the badge and the sheep and whale :lol: , the emphasis on the ‘Heart of the City’ is long overdue, some gun players to come and play for the team and finally a club that looks hungry for success rather than bleakly treading water. That CFG chose to pursue a ManC-like sky blue home strip for us is appalling - honestly.

On balance, and these things often have to be weighed up as positives and negatives, I’m IN.

But it’s going to take some time to get my head and HEART around these changes. However, it warms my heart to see that the Vuctree forum has changed the name of their long running thread to ‘Melbourne City FC (**** Off City)’. Some things will never change - ongoing and clear point of difference with the Tards  :up:

David Villa and a red away strip didnt sound bad yesterday, but seeing list of "OUT"s above; mostly guys who- whilst i didnt know them personally- i have always admired for the time and dedication they put into Yarraside, puts the cost of the CFG takeover into perspective.

In a city already boasting the biggest, most commercially successful team in the league, we were initially marketed as a football club based on purist ideals and attractive football. 

In taking the first supporters of the club and then filtering away all the fair-weather fans through 4 years of on field mediocrity, we managed to end up with a small group of incredibly loyal, passionate rusted-on fans.

I'm really hoping Yarraside will be the same as it always was this season, with the same core members who made it the best group of supporters in the league. 

But deep down I can tell it wont be long before I'm just supporting a mini man city amongst strangers; Glory hunting, self proclaimed EPL fanatics who have never been to a game in their life.

Fans who will, inevitably, erase the identity of a club i was once proud to call my own.

• Like 4

So what? let them. That doesn't change the fact that most people here have been following heart from day 1, I've been a member all but the first year, we paid our dues been through the hard times and now we get to reap the rewards. Enjoy it people, the glass is half full!

The thing with gloryhunters is that they'll jump on when the team is flying and they'll conveniently abandon ship when we're in a slump and good for them, whereas us loyal fans who have stuck by an underachieving club and experienced the countless disappointments that we have since Melbourne Heart's inception will make the good times for us all the more sweeter.

Each individual takes something different out of football and whilst many of us on here support the club through every means possible, the new supporters we're bound to attract from here on in may either choose to also join our way of supporting, or they may just wish to go to a game and watch some high quality football played by some world class players.

Ultimately though, as long as everyone in the stadium makes some noise and creates a good, vibrant atmosphere, I couldn't give a flying fuck what their motives are as long as I'm enjoying going to see my team play.

Edited by Nate
  • Like 4

Likewise.

After much soul searching and deliberation.

I have simply decided there are no other options if you want to see live top level football in Melbourne.

I will attend the games in red & white.

I also feel that new owners deserve some reward for leaving us with the second kit in the wanted colour and would like to display my appreciation by staying up all night (2 to 4 am) just to heavily modify all my supporter merchandise.

Took some work but I'm happy with the results and hope they will truly admire my hard work.

See you at AAMI in October

post-3296-0-07741400-1402058530_thumb.jp

• Like 3