Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

http://about:reader?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beinsports.com%2Fau%2Ffootball%2Fnews%2Fthe-11-million-offer-for-socceroos-star-mooy%2F437786

The $11 million offer for Socceroos star Mooy - beIN SPORTS

The club in question tabled the bid for the Huddersfield Town midfielder - which included lucrative add-ons - on the back of his stunning season in England's second tier.

The offer, which came from a fellow Championship high-flier, was immediately knocked back by Mooy's parent club Manchester City, which, far from seeking to sell the 26 year-old, considered recalling him in the New Year.

beIN can reveal City manager Pep Guadiola deliberated over curtailing Mooy's season-long loan with the Terriers and bringing him back to the Etihad Stadium as cover for Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho.

With Mooy pivotal to play-off placed Huddersfield's hopes of promotion to the Premier League, it was decided to let him stay, much to the relief of Terriers manager David Wagner.

In addition to the Mooy bid, there have been expressions of interest from a number of other prominent Championship clubs and from the Premier League, with Manchester City poised to see his value climb to as high as $20 million or more should he continue to excel for the side he joined immediately after departing Melbourne City last season.

Mooy's Sydney-based agent, Paddy Dominguez, declined to comment on the whirlwind of interest swirling around Mooy, who is considered by most observers - including a majority of Huddersfield fans - too accomplished for the Championship.

"Aaron is very happy at Huddersfield, he's following the plan and is solely focused on seeing out the season with them," Dominguez said. "Hopefully that will include him being a part of a team which wins promotion."

Should Huddersfield go up, it's understood Wagner will make a formal bid to buy him from City, which alternatively may wish to bring him on its pre-season tour to allow Guardiola to assess the qualities of a player whose game, though less varnished and refined, hails from the same playbook as technicians like Xavi and Iniesta.

It's understood that Mooy, who returned from injury to help Huddersfield crush Rochdale 4-0 in the FA Cup at the weekend, is being monitored weekly by one of City's senior scouts, with Guardiola well apprised of his progress.

It's believed also that Wagner - Jurgen Klopp's former assistant at Borussia Dortmund - has sung the Australian's praises to the Liverpool manager - a long-time friend.

It's thought, however, that a gentleman's is likely to be in place forestalling an attempt by Liverpool to poach him, should Huddersfield graduate to the top flight.

City will have the final say - and may even opt to blood him in its first team next season.

• Like 2

What BS, what are they scared of...... pussies..... the more see what CFG do the more I dislike their every decision. I am actually starting to loathe these cnts.

Huddersfield Town should take action against this as he is listed in their official player list.

Fkers.

Edited by playmaker

5 minutes ago, playmaker said:

What BS, what are they scared of...... pussies..... the more see what CFG do the more I dislike their every decision. I am actually starting to loathe these cnts.

Huddersfield Town should take action against this as he is listed in their official squad.

Fkers.

TBF this is a very standard clause for loan agreements.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Huddersfield Town should take action against this as he is listed in their official player list.

Fkers.

So much anger. Just relax. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Fkers.

Oh yeh lets take action against a parent club for loaning you a player you couldnt afford or even recognize to begin with.

Great way to shit where you eat and ensure you never got another loan player of that quality again. 

23 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Oh yeh lets take action against a parent club for loaning you a player you couldnt afford or even recognize to begin with.

Great way to shit where you eat and ensure you never got another loan player of that quality again. 

And jeopardize a massive 4 or 5 weeks in the clubs best chance for promotion in decades for a 5th round cup match that with or without Mooy most likely loose. 

If it was a semi or final would be a different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Fkers.

Aaron Mooy is registered to play for Huddersfield this season under a loan agreement that contains various conditions. His contract remains with Manchester City. City are perfectly entitled to exercise the clauses in the loan agreement.

Fair enough to criticise CFG for making silly decisions. Now we want to criticise them for making sensible ones?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Aaron Mooy is registered to play for Huddersfield this season under a loan agreement that contains various conditions. His contract remains with Manchester City. City are perfectly entitled to exercise the clauses in the loan agreement.

Fair enough to criticise CFG for making silly decisions. Now we want to criticise them for making sensible ones?

So if Man City have no intention of recalling Mooy to their list, why not let him play. Isn't it in everyone's best interest for Mooy to be tested at a higher level. This would be a great opportunity to see how good he really is and see if he is the real deal at the top level. If they wanted to, they could easily mutually agree to have him on the pitch as according to the rules he can play.

As I said, 'what are they scared of?'

Weak as piss bullies.

19 minutes ago, playmaker said:

So if Man City have no intention of recalling Mooy to their list, why not let him play. Isn't it in everyone's best interest for Mooy to be tested at a higher level. This would be a great opportunity to see how good he really is and see if he is the real deal at the top level. If they wanted to, they could easily mutually agree to have him on the pitch as according to the rules he can play.

Weak as piss bullies.

If i was Man City, I'd do whatever i could to ensure my passage into the next round was as easy as possible. 

Makes perfect sense. Just getting angry for the sake of it mate.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Weak as piss bullies.

Standard clause of any loan deal so don't see the fuss. It's there to protect the competitive interest of the home team on a direct game perspective between the two clubs only. one game all in all

And if Huddersfield aren't good enough to win without Mooy (of which Mooy could just as easily be out injured or suspended) then who gives a shit. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Weak as piss bullies.

So you'd be happy as a fan if we loaned out Caceres to Newcastle and he subsequently played a key role in knocking us out of the FFA Cup?

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bt50 said:

So you'd be happy as a fan if we loaned out Caceres to Newcastle and he subsequently played a key role in knocking us out of the FFA Cup?

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Of coarse I would, why not.

If Gamiero got loaned out to Green Gully, for example, and we met them in the FFA Cup, why shouldn't he play. IMO it's the fairest thing to do seeing that his on field duties are with the loanee club. 

In other words the loaners are putting the loanees at a disadvantage for one match through off field conditions rather than playing the team on its merits with the full squad that the loaned player is part of and which the whole team has been responsible for progressing to that point in the competition.

That's not in the spirit of the game.

Weak as piss.

10 hours ago, playmaker said:

Weak as piss.

Let's look at this from a different perspective now...

We all thought Mooy shat golden nuggets, he was that good. On that belief and his outstanding form this season, most here make the automatic assumption he would dominate this game and hence is unfairly denied the opportunity to prove himself. 

Reality is Mooy didn't play a perfect game every week. Against some of the better teams, he was rendered ineffective, be it form or superior tactics used by other teams.

The gap between Melbourne City and Perth/Adelaide etc wasn't that great. Certainly nowhere near the gulf between Man City and Huddersfield.

Now it might be he may have starred in this game, but i reckon the probability is he would not have made an impact at all. Remember it's not a solo game and his inferior teammates would really have struggled against City, so he would not have had much support out there and probably wouldn't be that hard to shut him down because of it.

My take on it anyway... he's technically a City player anyway so they would be well aware of what he can bring to the table.  

He might just have been on a hiding to nothing if he actually played this game. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, playmaker said:

Of coarse I would, why not.

If Gamiero got loaned out to Green Gully, for example, and we met them in the FFA Cup, why shouldn't he play. IMO it's the fairest thing to do seeing that his on field duties are with the loanee club. 

In other words the loaners are putting the loanees at a disadvantage for one match through off field conditions rather than playing the team on its merits with the full squad that the loaned player is part of and which the whole team has been responsible for progressing to that point in the competition.

Weak as piss.

Fair enough. Good for you if it wouldnt bother you. I can guarantee you that the majority wouldnt feel that way; it would be a PR nightmare.

The 'spirit of the game' probably doesnt believe in loans either though if we are going down that path.

29 minutes ago, rass said:

Let's look at this from a different perspective now...

We all thought Mooy shat golden nuggets, he was that good. On that belief and his outstanding form this season, most here make the automatic assumption he would dominate this game and hence is unfairly denied the opportunity to prove himself. 

Reality is Mooy didn't play a perfect game every week. Against some of the better teams, he was rendered ineffective, be it form or superior tactics used by other teams.

The gap between Melbourne City and Perth/Adelaide etc wasn't that great. Certainly nowhere near the gulf between Man City and Huddersfield.

Now it might be he may have starred in this game, but i reckon the probability is he would not have made an impact at all. Remember it's not a solo game and his inferior teammates would really have struggled against City, so he would not have had much support out there and probably wouldn't be that hard to shut him down because of it.

My take on it anyway... he's technically a City player anyway so they would be well aware of what he can bring to the table.  

He might just have been on a hiding to nothing if he actually played this game. 

I agree but its also important to distinguish between a player's impact on the outcome of the game and their ability to position themselves, run with or without the ball and to see and complete a pass whether its successful or not because of the teams around them. you could see that David Villa was less successful with us because players had no idea of his runs or of when to make the pass

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trueblue gio said:

FA rules do not allow loan players to play against parent clubs to avoid any smell of corruption of match fixing.

Roberts played for Celtic against City in the Champions League as that is under UEFA therefore corruption is expected.

From the FA Cup rules (my highlighting):

(j) Temporary (loan) Transfers (i)

A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

So forget "spirit of the game" and all that sort of thing. It's plainly and simply against the rules of the competition. End of story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trueblue gio said:

FA rules do not allow loan players to play against parent clubs to avoid any smell of corruption of match fixing.

Roberts played for Celtic against City in the Champions League as that is under UEFA therefore corruption is expected.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

From the FA Cup rules (my highlighting):

(j) Temporary (loan) Transfers (i)

. The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

So forget "spirit of the game" and all that sort of thing. It's plainly and simply against the rules of the competition. End of story.

Incorrect.

A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round.  The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.   A player recalled, at any time prior to the date of the Round, to his original Club from temporary (loan) transfer, in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement, may represent his original Club.  Such player may only play in postponed and replayed matches if he had been recalled in time for the first match in accordance with subparagraph (i) above and (iii) below as applicable. A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to compete if transferred by the lending Club to the loaning Club after the date and time for player qualification for a round but must have been eligible to play in the original tie. Players on season “long term loan agreements”, are not considered “loan” players for the purposes of the Rule, and are therefore eligible to play in the Competition

IIRC, Mooy is on a 1 year loan deal with a recall option in January transfer window which has not be exercised, therefore he is eligible to play the FA cup without parent team consent.

A long term loan is anything over 4 months.

In summary Pep is a c#nt.

Edited by playmaker

Just read the rules for this year's competition.

(j) Temporary (loan) Transfers

(i) A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round.

(ii) For all rounds other than the Final, a player recalled to his original Club from temporary (loan) transfer, in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement, may only represent his original Club if any such recall has been received and accepted by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the round.

(iii) A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to compete if transferred permanently by the lending Club to the loaning Club after the date and time for player qualification for a round but must have been eligible to play in the original tie.

(iv) The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

As far as I can see there is no qualification on the application of clause (iv).

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Just read the rules for this year's competition.

(j) Temporary (loan) Transfers

(i) A player on a temporary (loan) transfer is ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is given by the lending Club in writing and a copy is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round. Any permissions must clearly state that the player has approval to play in The FA Challenge Cup Competition. A registered Trainee or a player who is registered on a Scholarship for work experience may play for another Club, subject to written permission being given by the Club that he is registered to and provided that such permission is received by The Association by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the Round.

(ii) For all rounds other than the Final, a player recalled to his original Club from temporary (loan) transfer, in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement, may only represent his original Club if any such recall has been received and accepted by 12 noon on the Friday prior to the date fixed for playing the round.

(iii) A player on temporary (loan) transfer is eligible to compete if transferred permanently by the lending Club to the loaning Club after the date and time for player qualification for a round but must have been eligible to play in the original tie.

(iv) The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

As far as I can see there is no qualification on the application of clause (iv).

Yeah, don't know why the removed the definition.

The 'Temporary (loan) Transfer' relates to an injury replacement type scenario of maximum of 3 months but can be extended for the purpose of covering the loss of the injured player. That's why point iv is under that 'Temporary (loan) Transfer' subsection.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Yeah, don't know why the removed the definition.

The 'Temporary (loan) Transfer' relates to an injury replacement type scenario of maximum of 3 months but can be extended for the purpose of covering the loss of the injured player. That's why point iv is under that 'Temporary (loan) Transfer' subsection.

I think the only thing I can be certain of out of this discussion is that the FA is as bad as the FFA at setting out clear and unambiguous rules. And I never thought that I would say that.

1 hour ago, Leboroo said:

Aaron Mooy posted this on his Insta yesterday.  Very interesting. A lot of confusion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP...

Lol. Given that he's being somewhat serious, maybe it's not an actual clause in the contract that he can't play against City (perhaps because they thought they wouldn't face each other in either cup competition) but rather they're just asking Huddersfield and himself to not play.