Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

8 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

It's a circle jerk of negativity, that being said our coach is shit 

Btw I am so happy for Mooy. He gave so much to our club and deserves a shot to mix it with the big boys in the EPL to really test himself against the best in the world.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

How's Robi Koren going these days? Still tearing it up is he?

Can't comment on ur post because I might get another hissy fitting moderator giving me a warning.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Every thread has become a sooky la la whinge fest. Can all the hissy fitting pussies give it a rest as you are polluting every thread on this forum.

This is true, prob no point continuously talking about how bad our coach is, that we've conceded so many goals already, that Mooy hasn't been replaced, that our defence is shit or that we won't win the title and hopefully we scrape into the top 4 again. Enough with it. 

14 minutes ago, n i k o said:

This is true, prob no point continuously talking about how bad our coach is, that we've conceded so many goals already, that Mooy hasn't been replaced, that our defence is shit or that we won't win the title and hopefully we scrape into the top 4 again. Enough with it. 

We won all our FFA cup matches, the ones that mattered, and lost a practice match where the coaches were testing various tactics and strategies with a group that have been together for less than a month and come from teams with various playing styles, philosopies and methods.

Hardly consider that as a failure nor a cause for concern. And with a quality CB and LWB coming I think our squad looks pretty good, especially with arguably the best 2 strikers and fastest flankers in the A-league.

Very positive about this season tbh.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, playmaker said:

We won all our FFA cup matches, the ones that mattered, and lost a practice match where the coaches were testing various tactics and strategies with a group that have been together for less than a month and come from teams with various playing styles, philosopies and methods.

Hardly consider that as a failure nor a cause for concern. And with a quality CB and LWB coming I think our squad looks pretty good, especially with arguably the best 2 strikers and fastest flankers in the A-league.

Hopefully you remain so bullish after 7 rounds. The pessimism is basically we have seen all this before but 1 factor has remained constant. Anything else is just ignoring reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

Need some fairy dust too

image.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

I actually agree with this. Yeah we all agree JvS is shit and the last result was crap, but cmon, in the grand scheme of things it really means fuk all. Different story though if it happens in the FFA cup tie admittedly. 

Preseason everyone was crying about the need for defenders. Well we've signed Muscat, Rose, Tongyik, Jakobsen, probably Colazo and a couple of handy midfielders that can play defensive. Half of those guys didn't even play last game.

Not worried just yet.

• Like 1

Huddersfield win again to remain on top.  Massive praises for mooy - "best player in the championship"  His coach says he's the heart of their midfield and almost 100% of the time makes the right decisions.  In terms of playing style being similar to Zidane reckon the above article has nailed it.  Good enough for EPL easily.

Bloody wrapped for him! 

As I'm not the biggest expert on the championship - if in fact he was the 'best player in the championship' and CFG decided he wasn't quiet Man City quality - what sort of transfer fee would have command to a lower to mid table EPL team?

This is where the big picture comes in for us - City could possible recoup a large chunk, if not all of the initial purchase price of Melbourne Heart in one player.

Imagine the value of a Melbourne City grown freak talent from Australia, like say Kewell or Cahill etc. The investment here really is chump-change in the ever inflationary world of football. And the best kids in this land will be looking at us/Mooy/CFG etc, make no mistake.

Hasn't CFG already recouped all of their initial purchase price of Man City with a 10% sale to a Chinese Media company?

14 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

I had no doubt the potential was/is there but i am blown away at how easily he has made the transition. Killing it

Not saying i necessarily agree with him, but Ange was pretty clear in his statement that he reckons a lot of the championship sides aren't any better than the A League.

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Not saying i necessarily agree with him, but Ange was pretty clear in his statement that he reckons a lot of the championship sides aren't any better than the A League.

I'd agree.  The best teams in the A league are now Championship standard. The days of us being barely comparable with English League 2 are long gone.  Having arrived from the UK five years ago, I've been pleasantly surprised by the standard, and the football culture here.  We underestimate ourselves.  Probably another version of the cultural cringe.

Edited by fensaddler
More to say...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

True. But Mooy always struck me as a confidence player. When he is comfortable he destroys everything in his path but when he is out of his comforth zone he tends to struggle. I suspected it may take him a while to get comfortable in a new country, etc. but that does not seem to be an issue for him

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

True. But Mooy always struck me as a confidence player. When he is comfortable he destroys everything in his path but when he is out of his comforth zone he tends to struggle. I suspected it may take him a while to get comfortable in a new country, etc. but that does not seem to be an issue for him

He's been there before with Burnley and in Scotland but he has blossomed quite a bit since then.

• Like 1