Melbourne Football

Aaron Mooy

MHFCRC

It may seem strange, but all that's said is that they are in negotiations. I don't think it's unreasonable for Barnsley to think they have a chance of picking up an A-league player, but frankly I don't see them having the resources. While I'm not under the allusion that we operate on an unlimited budget like some on here, we certainly don't need to sell so I'd expect the club to hold out for more than $1m. Probably take at least $1.5m maybe more to buy him. Barnsley aren't a rich club, and there isn't much money in League One in general.

The thing is, I'd be surprised if Mooy stays. I expect him to want to go test himself at a higher level. So if Barnsley did have the money, and no other suitable offers came in, you never know. It's more a sideways move than anything, but certainly you can put yourself in the shop windows for a move to the Championship or even the Premier league (eg Luongo).

I wouldn't worry about this

If he personally wants to move I am sure Soriano will move him to New York. I can't see the CFG wanting him to move out of the group.

Personally I think he will want to give it everything next season and maybe win something with Melbourne before he goes.

What if he doesn't want to play in New York or the mighty CFG?

Simply because he would have a better chance of making it in Europe eventually.

I don't think he has any intention of moving on anyway.

There's been suggestions that if Victory lose Mark Milligan they will go for Aaron Mooy as their Australian marquee.

Looks like we could be stuffed - Mooy heads overseas or gets a big offer from Victory.

If only we made him our Aus marquee...

Parrot told you guys but nobody listened

Parrot in JVS out

Edited by bellydrum
  • Like 4

mods, is personal slander allowed ?

I dont think you understand what slander means.

No, he doesn't. But I thought we were going to stay away from commenting on family members of club people, whether player, coach or administrator?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah Murdocca's how goods that!

I've had the champaign on ice for weeks waiting for confirmation, these hints are getting me on edge. Just get rid of him already.

Champaign = the champagne you drink when your team becomes champions at the end of the campaign:)

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

Yeah Murdocca's how goods that!

I've had the champaign on ice for weeks waiting for confirmation, these hints are getting me on edge. Just get rid of him already.

Champaign = the champagne you drink when your team becomes champions at the end of the campaign:)

Normally my phone masks my inability to spell, alas not this time.:(