Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Logo design thread.

KD.

Using what @Kun made, i have changed some colours around...

lomcO3k.jpg?1

I didn't think this design could get worse but you've really given it a good shot.

ROFF!

No need for sky blue in any of them, we are red and white let's keep it that way. All this talk of having the city coat of arms in it is a great link, but you can't directly plagiarise it. Let's be honest here, how relevant is a whale, a hanging fleece or lions in chains relevant to Melburnians of today? Sure it envokes grandeur and has been used well in the terrace. But IF we change our name, our colours, badge it would be for branding for people to connect with...

I don't see the harm in people putting in their designs. Calm down.

Some on this forum have a serious talent for it. Heck I use LR9 mock up as my display pic.

If you don't like what's going on don't enter this thread.

That said enough of the sky blue people. Focus on Melbourne City but keep the Red and White cause we ain't giving up our colours without a fight.

• Like 3

If you post up a design you're expecting feedback. Don't see why that should stop anyone not commenting regardless of whether it's good or bad?

Tbh, the majority of these designs leave a lot to be desired. If these were the choices we'd be better served having a logo with a green seat and insignia 'where were you when we were shite'.

Here are a few variations. Attempted a Fiorentinaish thing with an M and a a slight hommage to the Man City Logo. I can't seem to get to get the bottom right, I dont like the interior, but I like the overall shape. I think its the MCFC that needs to be changed to make it work and the last one has a big V in it :P

MnQpcPO.png?1kmSu8Qg.png?1Z5pRR7z.png?1ej27hSf.png?1KeS8JeM.png?1

Later ill change it around so its sky blue since its more than a good chance we will have to swallow a change

appologies for all the white

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

Great work Dyl, they look great - particularly the fourth. The word evades me, I think it may look great with a ribbon across the lower point of the logo with the text 'Cor huius urbis' which is 'The heart of this city' in Latin (according to Google). By ribbon (or perhaps banner?), I mean what you see at the bottom of Newcastle United's logo. Regardless, the best logos that have been posted so far IMO.

Here are a few variations. Attempted a Fiorentinaish thing with an M and a a slight hommage to the Man City Logo. I can't seem to get to get the bottom right, I dont like the interior, but I like the overall shape. I think its the MCFC that needs to be changed to make it work and the last one has a big V in it :P

What does MFCF stand for? ;)

Seriously though, I like those designs, although I find it funny that you included the stars from our badge. They are actually the thing that we dislike most about our own badge. Honestly, most of us want us to go back to our pre-1997 crest:

manc1.jpg

Edited by Falastur

MnQpcPO.png?1kmSu8Qg.png?1

Great!! We're going from a 'stylised' Heart to a 'stylised' Penis!

Does no one else see it? It even has balls and little stars on them to represent sperm! Hahahaha

What does MFCF stand for? ;)

Seriously though, I like those designs, although I find it funny that you included the stars from our badge. They are actually the thing that we dislike most about our own badge. Honestly, most of us want us to go back to our pre-1997 crest:

manc1.jpg

HA I didnt even realise that. Probably was looking at it for too long. Yep stole the stars ;)

Great work Dyl, they look great - particularly the fourth. The word evades me, I think it may look great with a ribbon across the lower point of the logo with the text 'Cor huius urbis' which is 'The heart of this city' in Latin (according to Google). By ribbon (or perhaps banner?), I mean what you see at the bottom of Newcastle United's logo. Regardless, the best logos that have been posted so far IMO.

I like the Latin.