Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart vs Perth Glory Friday 9:45EST

kingofhearts

I'm not expecting to win a game until next season, so I've lost interest in the result. Again some sign of improvement tonight in the first half, second half poor and just encapsulates our season. I'd play the youth team for the rest of the season. The only good news next week will be the sale.

Next week we need all those arrows pointing at the goal for our players.

Not really sure whether the arrows should point towards or away from the goal :(

Should have been 1-1 ... but of course we lose

JVS will learn from this and hopefully he makes some changes and drops a few players, brings in some younger players, etc ... Players away on international duty doesn't help. I don't blame him for giving JA's starting 11 a chance ... They've had it now, players have shown him as the manager what they can do, so now there should be no complaints if players are dropped

Hoffman was skinned by Zara, Dmac is a spanner, Ramsay is one dimensional, Mate can't shoot, HK lacks discipline, etc

Overall, despite the result there were still some positives ... baby steps only though

... That being said, bring on the new owners and win a frickin game ffs

Should have been 1-1 ... but of course we lose

JVS will learn from this and hopefully he makes some changes and drops a few players, brings in some younger players, etc ... Players away on international duty doesn't help. I don't blame him for giving JA's starting 11 a chance ... They've had it now, players have shown him as the manager what they can do, so now there should be no complaints if players are dropped

Hoffman was skinned by Zara, Dmac is a spanner, Ramsay is one dimensional, Mate can't shoot, HK lacks discipline, etc

Overall, despite the result there were still some positives ... baby steps only though

... That being said, bring on the new owners and win a frickin game ffs

The only thing that may help now is some youthful exuberance. I hope that although JVS puts a happy face on infront of the cameras behind closed doors he tears them all to shreds

• Like 1

Devastating. Fits in all too well with our season.

By the way, absolute credit to the supporters who travel. It astounds me week after week that Heart supporters still attend away games.

We were decent, but far from great in the first half.

Second half, we collapsed. Underlying problems, like low confidence/shit attitude, mistakes in defending and poor finishing were evident. Three things IMO caused us to collapse:

First thing. I reckon the team went down a level after Kewell went off. I don't think Kewell was significantly improving our football by the 70 minute mark, but the team's confidence lifts when he's on, and the team's confidence crumbles when he's off. Of course the team shouldn't be so reliant on Kewell, but it's just a fact ATM IMO.

Second thing. Macallister GTFO. so reckless and damn stupid from a player with so much experience who has no excuse to be that stupid. Two incredibly stupid yellow cards. And he wears our bloody No. 9 jersey. He's meant to be a proper striker, and he only has 1 goal in 21 damn matches. If you wanted to argue that the Heart board and club accept mediocrity, than look no further than Heart signing Dylan Macallister for 2 seasons and giving him the No. 9 jersey.

Third thing. Individual mistakes. Dugandzic missing that 1 on 1, Gerhardt with that embarrassing defending for Perth's second goal were stand out mistakes, but Hoffman & Kalmar for the first goal and other mistakes were costly as well. These mistakes are happening because of a lack of confidence and lack of quality from some players.

IMO, maybe only the substitution of Kewell was a coaching mistake. I didn't see us being tactically outsmarted. We created chances, and effectively all the goals we conceded came from blatant individual mistakes. This is the coaching job from hell, but I think there is some possibility for the coaching staff to tweak and somewhat improve the team, but it's a tall task because things were such a complete mess when JVS took over. Real improvement will elude Heart for the rest of the season given underlying problems and weaknesses.

This match further underlined that Melbourne Heart needs some serious changes to really improve, with the playing roster, with the football department and facilities, with the club culture and with the board. This match had another agonising capitulation in the second half due to a confluence of issues, and this loss stresses that things really need to be changed going forward, so this stark failure can become a thing of the past.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

I feel sorry for those that have young kids that are dragged through this bullshit.

Don't worry. My boys have only known football as turning up to a match to watch baffling refereeing decisions and a football team that has no clue, with supporters who turn up loyally each week to laugh, sigh, groan, and comment about how poor their side is.

But there is always next year...

• Like 1

Season is well and truly over.. Let's stop the bullshit about finals football we are all getting played for fools.. Fuck off Munn, and Sidwell.

I can't believe the worst club in the A-League is my team "Melbourne Heart"

Short term changes are need, Behich must be dropped, Mate, Ramsey, Gerhardt, Hoffman to be released, Redmayne to me dropped also... and Mifsud needs to go and whoever was responsible for bringing him to the Heart must follow him out the door. This group of players can not play together, you could bring in Hiddink as coach and it won't make a difference. No Leaders within the team, no super star, no hard working players and most of our players pull out of tackles and go missing when the game is there to be won...

The Heart are like a good amateur team playing against Real Professionals ... Fucking shattered, I have given 4 years of membership + merchandise for 0 return