Melbourne Football

Andrew Nabbout

Harrison

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

Ability and willingness to take on players. Anytime a player can display that trait he becomes a star of the A-league.

Yes, this is my biggest criticism on our dull forward recruitment in the past. If you get past your man in this league you are a genuine danger. This is also the case for attacking midfielders.

Edited by Mr MO

41 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes, this is my biggest criticism on our dull forward recruitment in the past. If you get past your man in this league you are a genuine danger. This is also the case for attacking midfielders.

I still believe that @HeartFc's theory on player recruitment and performance is highly plausible, since I reckon Nabbout would deck me if I looked at him funny in a night club. 

• Like 2

Still can't believe we wasted a squad spot on this spud....

He's been absolutely fantastic more or less since leaving the Victory the first time around. Even last year his struggles were heavily overplayed IMO. He was still relatively productive despite being out of shape (seems like the Victory should wear some blame for this based on Andrew's comments) and being surrounded by a squad full of absolute spuds.

He's a rarity for this league in that he's absolutely sensational on both sides of the ball. Would be more than happy to place a 3 year marquee deal at his feet sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Personally I reckon he’s been playing with an injury for weeks. Now whether it’s got worse or it just wasn’t good enough for a mid week dash to Perth, that I don’t know.

Third possibility is that he could still have played, but It was a strategic decision to let the injury recover a bit so as to avoid missing a tougher game, given Perth's shit form etc.

10 hours ago, malloy said:

Third possibility is that he could still have played, but It was a strategic decision to let the injury recover a bit so as to avoid missing a tougher game, given Perth's shit form etc.

Conspiracy here - Andrew and Nathaniel aren’t allowed to play against Perth.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Personally I reckon he’s been playing with an injury for weeks. Now whether it’s got worse or it just wasn’t good enough for a mid week dash to Perth, that I don’t know.

I agree with you. His style lends itself to being brought down several times in a match - and that's what has been happening in recent matches. My take  is that the coaching staff have enough confidence in Tilio and Cola such that Nabbout could take time out. I'll guess that he'll be named for the match on Sunday against Brisbane.

4 hours ago, malloy said:

Although I think its unlikely, I do love the theory.

Atkinson came on as a sub against Perth in January. But let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy. We just need to tweak it: Atkinson and Nabbout are not allowed to start against Perth. 

And I just realised that the score line in both matches was 3-1. Wow. Something is definitely weird here. 

Edited by Harrison

46 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Atkinson came on as a sub against Perth in January. But let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy. We just need to tweak it: Atkinson and Nabbout are not allowed to start against Perth. 

And I just realised that the score line in both matches was 3-1. Wow. Something is definitely weird here. 

Or maybe its just Nabbout and the reason he is on a one year deal with us is because he is actually on loan!!!

46 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Given he’d have been gone to the NT, hopefully this means one of our aleague competitors now lose their winger (I.e. Halloran)

Wouldn't want that diving fuck anywhere near the green and gold again tbh.

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think we're losing everything. Tilio is a very good replacement. Yesterday demonstrated that.

Yeah exactly. When I saw it I remember immediately thinking. Not great but Tillio is a great replacement.

Although if the rumors are true. Leckie as an injury replacement?

9 hours ago, Dylan said:

Yeah exactly. When I saw it I remember immediately thinking. Not great but Tillio is a great replacement.

Although if the rumors are true. Leckie as an injury replacement?

I'd bring back Awer Mabil. Not happy in Denmark and yeah, even though he wants to stay in Europe, he could also view City as a stepping stone like Arzani and Mooy. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Will Nabbout and Atkinson go back to Perth?

Check contracts pinned up top.

But they both cancelled their contracts with Perth, signed for us. Atkinson another season, Nabbout out of contract, I would imagine both parties will extend, but who knows.  

37 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Check contracts pinned up top.

But they both cancelled their contracts with Perth, signed for us. Atkinson another season, Nabbout out of contract, I would imagine both parties will extend, but who knows.  

Correct. Nathaniel Atkinson has a two-year contract extension announced by City on 23rd September 2020.

Andrew Nabbout has a one year contract announced by City on 24th September 2020.

It sounds like he’ll make it back for the finals. In that recent interview he talked about potentially playing in the Jets match. Maybe he thought that would be next week though.

The other thing is it sounds like he’s staying. He talked about being excited to play alongside Leckie. If we can keep Maclaren, we’d have the best Australian front three in the history of the league. 

• Like 1