Melbourne Football

January 2014 Transfer Window

Torn Asunder

from Migliorini's fb:

Migs: 'This week they told me they cannot keep me, so ill be back at the end of the month... it was bad news...'

and further on he said

'(It is because) We cannot free an EU-spot'

Looks like Germano is staying.

How many players have Heart had? Between 40 to 50 (guessing)? And we've only released one player, Steven Gray, before his contract was up, despite the 3 and a half seasons we've had...

Feel sorry for Migs. He did all the right things by the club.

So we can't release Germano...while on the same day Victory release Bru and Sydney release Yau...

Germano is a fringe player at best, and has a terrible injury record. He's been a waste of space on the list for months. We have far better midfielders coming along in our youth squad.

This is an example of JD not working hard enough.

Migliorini turned the ball over far to many times. He can shoot, but we really didnt get the best out of him and was often a liability. No loss to us.

Germano on the other hand is cheap, shows some potential and if it wasn't for his injury record would be a decent addition to the team.

• Like 1

If Migliorini hasn't scored twice against Adelaide, we wouldn't be having this sentimental discussion. Again, like many players under JA, he was used poorly. As a DM, he was lazy, never tracked back and his tackling was pretty average.

Have a look at a lot of the goals we've conceded this season and you'll see Migs jogging 5m behind the opposition ball carrier. That's pretty average defending in any league.

As a long suffering Leeds fan, I've come to expect fuck all from the transfer window. As Heart fans we should all be sensible and do similar.

• Like 6

There was an article going around saying a lot of asian based players could be keen for a move to the a league. I saw Oganovski's name was thrown around, not that we really need another CB but who else would be a good target? Or do we just fully write off the season?

Well, unless this ownership business is sorted quick smart, and we're just hanging around unable to release a couple of players and hence unable to sign any new ones - even on a short-term basis - then the season is definitely going to be a complete write off. The best JvS is going to be able to do with the present lot is make the table look a little bit more respectable by us at least getting into double figures on points.

As for Germano...he's 26, and if he had any "potential" he would have realised it by now. I don't really care how cheap he is, because he'd be a lot cheaper if he was released.

Agree with the sentiments regarding Migs not being up to it.

The sad thing is, most people aren't saying he is really that good, the argument is that he's serviceable, and that's the problem; there are plenty of Australian players we could sign who are serviceable, VISA players should be here for one of two (in some cases both) reasons:

- They are better than what we find find in Australia

- They have a reputation that puts bums in seats.

Too many of our VISA players have offered neither. See ya Migs, thanks for the rippers against Adelaide.

The sad thing is, most people aren't saying he is really that good, the argument is that he's serviceable, and that's the problem; there are plenty of Australian players we could sign who are serviceable, VISA players should be here for one of two (in some cases both) reasons:

Too many of our VISA players have offered neither. See ya Migs, thanks for the rippers against Adelaide.

Migs is not a visa player. He's an injury replacement, and they are not bound by the visa quota.

Otherwise I agree with you. His value was that he could come straight into the side, and in that respect IIRC he's been  better than our previous efforts in that direction - e.g. Paul Reid - who seemed to take longer to get match fit than the player they were replacing.

Migs is not a visa player. He's an injury replacement, and they are not bound by the visa quota.

Otherwise I agree with you. His value was that he could come straight into the side, and in that respect IIRC he's been  better than our previous efforts in that direction - e.g. Paul Reid - who seemed to take longer to get match fit than the player they were replacing.

He's a visa injury replacement, which means the injury had to be to a visa player. (Engelaar, then Germano)

i know 442 Rumor, grain of salt etc. but this would be good!

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=89006

If he goes we have room for a striker. Hopefully unlike every other time we are prepared and have plans in place.

might have been a forced move for d-mac? ie: 'look dylan, we wont re sign you for next season, do us a favour and leave now so we can get someone else, cheers bud :up:

curious to know if the new owners had any input in this.

Edited by Dylan

i know 442 Rumor, grain of salt etc. but this would be good!

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=89006

Any idea which league he might be thinking of going to?

I have heard that there are clubs in the Essex and Suffolk Border League who might be looking for players for their reserve sides.

Says Hong Kong in the article.

Quite right again Murf. None of us want to say these things, but the club is in complete disarray. There is simply no accountability.

I want to make one point though. Season-ticket holders are not putting enough pressure on.

Whoever tweeted Munn should have fired back to the effect that "Macallister is going to HK - your roster is not full."