Melbourne Football

January 2014 Transfer Window

Torn Asunder

Is he available? Can't see us spending transfer money

Well sidwell did say the board are willing to spend more money.....

But id rather they pour money into the backroom of the club, facilities, training base etc rather than players.

Serious? You would rather Mifsud and Macallister as our two strikers for the rest of the year? If we can get Kennedy on a 10 game Guest Stint, it'd be UNBELIEVABLE!!

Would love to get Josh Kennedy till the end of the season.

Is he available? Can't see us spending transfer money

Spoke to his missus when they were in Melbourne recently and the family are very keen to return to Victoria with JK - was obviously at the derby as a club guest so they seem to be in the process of courting him

I can't see us making another signing this season unless another player goes down with a long term injury. Its all about damage control now for this season

Yeah, primarily about stopping the rot. Nevertheless, a guest striker wouldn't go astray. I'd also be looking at the list and getting several non-performers off our books early, giving us more flexibility for next season. My nominations would, unsurprisingly, be Germano and Macallister.

I don't see the point of spending money and getting knew players now when the season is over, we are better off saving up for some class players for next year

If taking someone like Kennedy now with a view to signing him next season is possible then I believe we should do it. The A-League is not the first choice destination for most players and if someone of quality comes up we should pounce when able. Consider the players we have taken on when they have been rejected by all others. Apart from our three marquee positions, there are only so many "class" players we can fit under the salary cap.

• Like 1

I don't see the point of spending money and getting knew players now when the season is over, we are better off saving up for some class players for next year

This.

We need an overhaul and a fresh start. No point trying to save a season which is half way down the shitter. Sign JVS up for 2 years and give him a pile of cash to spend next season.

I'd like to see Milos Lujic from Northcote given a go, he's a bit of a headcase from time to time, but he's been on our books and is a seriously good presence up front, he'd be availible for nearly peanuts too.

The other Northcote player who I don't mind is James Kalifatidis (spelling might be very wrong), tricky little player and a good goalscorer.

Dusan Bosnjak has matured nicely as a central attacking midfielder who can go forward and score a lot of good goals, ex-youth player.

As for the defenders, Shane Rexhepi is great at either centre half or right back and at 26 still has a lot of good football in him. Adriano Chiappetta would make Patrick Kisnorbo seem like a composed, sensible central defender, but the boy can play, he'd be mid 20's too.

I'd like to see Milos Lujic from Northcote given a go, he's a bit of a headcase from time to time, but he's been on our books and is a seriously good presence up front, he'd be availible for nearly peanuts too.

The other Northcote player who I don't mind is James Kalifatidis (spelling might be very wrong), tricky little player and a good goalscorer.

Dusan Bosnjak has matured nicely as a central attacking midfielder who can go forward and score a lot of good goals, ex-youth player.

As for the defenders, Shane Rexhepi is great at either centre half or right back and at 26 still has a lot of good football in him. Adriano Chiappetta would make Patrick Kisnorbo seem like a composed, sensible central defender, but the boy can play, he'd be mid 20's too.

Maybe we should just buy out the whole of north cote

Maybe we should just buy out the whole of north cote

Comfortably the best team in the VPL this year, there's probably a reason why.

Bosnjak is a good shout. Seemed to be in everything last season.

What's the point of wasting money on the squad for this season? Its over.

Any changes in personnel should be made with 14/15 and beyond firmly in mind.

JVS will play and develop the kids, there's no doubt about that. He will be just the boost his former players need, such as Mate, Aziz, Jez, Kalmar and Co. and I think he could work wonders with guys like Ramsey and Golgol.

Edit: A tactical overhaul will do a lot more good than one or two Summer signings IMO..

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

We need a goalkeeper. Redmayne is shit. Velaphi hasnt been given a chance so we can only assume he is shit based on past form.

We also need a right back. I know there are a lot of Walker stans on the forum, but seriously he isn't any better than Hoffman, and we all know how shit Hoffman is. Only hope for Walker is if JVS is appointed until the end of season and uses his wizardry to turn Walker into a good player as he has done with other young players.

Apart from that, we have a good team, they just have had a shit manager until now. With the new manager, and new players in these 2 positions, we can actually get something out of this season.

Edited by Tesla

It would be hard to sign any new player at this stage.. We can't forget that JA has left us in a bad way and I believe the MHFC Board will see what JVS can do with the current playing list.. I don't think the club at this point has any serious direction therefore would be reluctant to make any long term signings.

Agree Tesla.

I also think we need and out and out striker and creativity from the midfield.

With Engelaar the age he is and the injury he just had I think a dominating key defensive midfielder is vital.

Definitely some holes that need to be plugged.

A goalkeeper is definitely needed. I agree with you that Redmayne isn't a title winning number one. Good back up. Good guy for the club.

I'm a Walker fan but he hasn't presented himself well this season. To be fair Hoffman was extremely good the past two weeks and could maintain his spot but again not the best in our aims for title wins.

We got to get our marquee players right. These should be guys in key positions.

• Like 1

Bradden Inman

He still in England? I got the sense that he was from the European mainland.

Haven't had a look into the possibilities though and have no idea what sort of midfielder he is.

Pretty broad rumour I know, but supposedly an offer has been put on the table.