Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Couldn't be bothered making a new topic so I feel this is the best place to put it,  but are there any marketing guru's out there that will drive the Melbourne City label?

http://www.seek.com.au/job/27897900?pos=18&type=standout

"The position requires a candidate capable of ensuring that the Melbourne City brand story is executed and leveraged seamlessly throughout the organization"

Your roles include

- Removing Melbourne Heart logos from images taken pre City takeover

- Changing scoreboards to read "City" instead of "Heart" on all existing footage of the first derby

• Like 6

Couldn't be bothered making a new topic so I feel this is the best place to put it,  but are there any marketing guru's out there that will drive the Melbourne City label?

http://www.seek.com.au/job/27897900?pos=18&type=standout

It's been posted before, quite a while ago actually.

Looks like they still haven't found the ideal candidate then.

Melbourne City FC now partners with trading firm FXPRIMUS

I know others talk about the LB position, but I've always thought what was needed was an Official Online Forex Trading Partner.  Yay!

Without knowing too much about the deal etc. on the face of it, it could be a good move. A lot of money will be coming in from either UK or Abu Dhabi (presumably USD or EUR), it wouldn't hurt to have people determining when to strategically transfer cash over to take advantage of FX fluctuations.

• Like 1

I know others talk about the LB position, but I've always thought what was needed was an Official Online Forex Trading Partner.  Yay!

Without knowing too much about the deal etc. on the face of it, it could be a good move. A lot of money will be coming in from either UK or Abu Dhabi (presumably USD or EUR), it wouldn't hurt to have people determining when to strategically transfer cash over to take advantage of FX fluctuations.

It's probably just me, but this sort of thing fails to excite me one iota. I'd be just as excited if we announced we'd got ourselves a new firm of lawyers or a new payroll system. I guess I'm going to have to learn that this corporate sky blue stuff is what is important. 

I'd much rather they fix up "Cityzens" first...

Edited by jw1739

I know others talk about the LB position, but I've always thought what was needed was an Official Online Forex Trading Partner. Yay!

It's probably just me, but this sort of thing fails to excite me one iota. I'd be just as excited if we announced we'd got ourselves a new firm of lawyers or a new payroll system. I guess I'm going to have to learn that this corporate sky blue stuff is what is important.

I'd much rather they fix up "Cityzens" first...

It doesnt excite me either and tbh I haven't heard anything about it, other than it being mentioned on here, so it isn't like it was a 'major announcement' typical of the heart days.

Man City FC reportedly will play a post-season friendly against NYCFC in May, and then will go on to play 3 friendlies in Australia in July (2 in the ICC, against Real Madrid and Roma):

Despite the furore surrounding the trip to the Middle-East, which included a friendly game against the German club Hamburg in front of watching City owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan, City regard overseas trips as crucial for the club’s commercial growth.

Those plans include a post-season trip to the United States in May to play a high-profile friendly against City’s sister club, New York City FC, before a pre-season trip to Australia for a three-game tour.

With the City Football Group also owning the A-League club Melbourne City, Pellegrini’s squad will be based in the Australian city in July where they will play Real Madrid and one other opponent in the International Champions Cup, before contesting another fixture in Sydney or Brisbane. The round-trip to Australia, where Chelsea are also expected to visit in July, will involve City clocking up 23,000 air miles having made a 7,000-mile journey to and from New York following the end of the Premier League season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/11371126/Manchester-City-face-30000-mile-summer-tour-schedule-once-Premier-League-campaign-is-finished.html

Not thrilled with the suggestion that Man City FC's 3rd (and only non-ICC) friendly will be in Sydney or Brisbane. Brisbane Roar some months ago were reportedly trying to organise a friendly with Man City FC, and I think it would be a real big mistake for Man City FC to play a friendly against another A-League side like Brisbane Roar and not play a friendly against Melbourne City.

I've seen a mention on Twitter that Man City FC would likely be based in Melbourne if they come to Australia, and if they play a non-ICC friendly it would likely be against Melbourne City, so hopefully that's correct.

Manchester would destroy us ...

Given we are all one big happy family, if they come to Oz to play, the two teams should line up and do a school yard pick ...

I can just imagine it now ... Hart passes out to Hoffman who plays it back to Hart, who then passes it to Toure, who glides past Murdocca (who is on his team), knocks it out wide to Zabaletta, who goes past Ramsay with ease, crosses it low and hard to Willow, who blazes over from 1m out ... and Redders claps hard ...

Should be classic school practice stuff: our defence and their forwards vs. our forwards and their defence.

Would be a lot of fun - players signing autographs and the kids being photographed with them etc. etc. and I reckon we'd get a good crowd at AAMI for an event like that. 

Manchester would destroy us ...

Given we are all one big happy family, if they come to Oz to play, the two teams should line up and do a school yard pick ...

I can just imagine it now ... Hart passes out to Hoffman who plays it back to Hart, who then passes it to Toure, who glides past Murdocca (who is on his team), knocks it out wide to Zabaletta, who goes past Ramsay with ease, crosses it low and hard to Willow, who blazes over from 1m out ... and Redders claps hard ...

Should be classic school practice stuff: our defence and their forwards vs. our forwards and their defence.

Why would you want to pair up the best attack with the best defence? The team that gets Manchester City's defence is going to lose badly...

Melbourne City lifted by positive experience in Abu Dhabi as part of City football family

MATT WINDLEY

FEBRUARY 04, 2015

MELBOURNE City captain Patrick Kisnorbo says rubbing shoulders with Manchester City’s stars in Abu Dhabi in January made the team truly feel a part of the City family.

The A-League side had a 12-day training camp in the United Arab Emirates capital where it also played two friendly matches.

Manchester City also spent week in the Middle East on a winter break, staying at the same hotel as their Melbourne City brothers, and the two groups of players received a visit from club chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

“We were treated like a part of the City family,” Kisnorbo said.

“All the big board members and directors were there, Khaldoon personally came out and introduced himself and shook everyone’s hand and spoke about what his vision was.

“To have somebody like that in your presence, he could have been anywhere in the world at that point, showed that he’s committed to us and The City Group and what he wants to achieve with our playing group.

“We were very fortunate to have an experience like that. We didn’t feel like just some team from Australia, everyone treated us with the utmost respect, and took a real interest in us and the A-League. It was great.”

Kisnorbo said “nothing was too big an ask” for Man City’s stars.

“It was great to see a team like Man City so humble,” he said.

“They all said ‘hello’, they were all polite, if people wanted a photo or just a chat they were fantastic.”

Kisnorbo said “it was good to iron out a few things” on the training track throughout the camp, but added the team was particularly heartened by its performance in the second of its friendlies.

John van’t Schip’s men lost to UAE side Al Jazira 2-0 not even two days after the team arrived from Australia, but a 1-1 draw with Ukrainian side FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk a week later was a different story.

Dnipro will later this month take on Olympiakos in the second round of the Europa League and its best player, winger Yevhen Konoplyanka, was this week the subject of transfer interest from Tottenham and Liverpool.

“It just shows the difference and the quality that we were up against,” Kisnorbo said.

“I know it doesn’t count for much, but for us it does. We can take out of it a lot of things that we did well and bring them in to the second half of the season in the A-League.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-city-lifted-by-positive-experience-in-abu-dhabi-as-part-of-city-football-family/story-fnk6rlg0-1227208129097?nk=a9a5a59b4b54ba4ad56bd5aca084b5d1

• 2 months later...

Followed up on the name change issue on IP Australia.

Doesn't seem as if any of our applications to trademark our name have progressed beyond the "pending" stage.

However, the "other Melbourne City" has had an application approved to use their name and logo for the purpose of advertising social functions.

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe not the right topic but former owner of Heart, Peter Sidewell, is set to take control of the Melbourne Rebels

Ha just posted about this in the Rugby thread

Get ready for a Rebels team that will be run on the smell of an oily rag as fuel and cut every corner it can to not have to invest in the club.

Bad option for them if true.

Maybe not the right topic but former owner of Heart, Peter Sidewell, is set to take control of the Melbourne Rebels

Get ready for a Rebels team that will be run on the smell of an oily rag as fuel and cut every corner it can to not have to invest in the club.

Meh, no different from how the ARU have been running us.

• Like 1

Meh, no different from how the ARU have been running us.

Oh well. No money, no ambition will be a mantra the Rebels should be used to then. That won't change under him control :)

^^ Maybe we can leverage that and kick MV out of the venue, whilst the AFL can take over Etihad Stadium and leave MV to feel on the outer for once :)

I'm sure the Sidwell is very pleased with his bit of business to sell our club to CFG, so I am sure he will like the sound of assisting to a better deal for MC, MS and the MR at AAMI Park.

He may also implement the same closed off top tier policy for MR matches as he did for MH, which must help save cash. I still am surprised to see them currently have those tiers open for such small crowds.

Just buy AAMI park CFG!

I´m sure they have looked at it.. To be honest it´s my impresson that unless it involves some expensive real estate people in the arab emirates will hardly consider it a serious investment.

They bleeding love real estate... the more expensive the better :lol: