Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

I always expected CFG would be putting a wrecking ball through our club to establish Mini-Man City, but so far I feel it's been a satisfying balance.
But never in my wildest did I expect the amount of dickheads coming on saying "lets sing blue moon" "lets call ourselves the citizens" "poznan".
:droy:

• Like 2

I always expected CFG would be putting a wrecking ball through our club to establish Mini-Man City, but so far I feel it's been a satisfying balance.

But never in my wildest did I expect the amount of dickheads coming on saying "lets sing blue moon" "lets call ourselves the citizens" "poznan".

Lol, get down to the imp on monday night. If you leave taipei now, you'll make it in time  :up:

Lol, get down to the imp on monday night. If you leave taipei now, you'll make it in time  :up:

I would give my jewels for a good beer FFS.

I'll be back in time for first kick off though, might even make the trip up to Sydney. :up:

In the future, I think it would be nice to get 'MHFC' on our shirt like the Swans have SMFC in the AFL. Not sure if someone has suggested it before. Should make a push for it as fans.

I have just written an email to the club in regards to potentially having MHFC written on the back of the tops, it will be interesting to see what their reply will be, i'm not expecting them to accept such request however if we really want to push for it to get done then perhaps we can sign a petition and what not. I'm not too sure how exactly to go about this but i'm really for having the initials on the back of the top and I hope to get some more supporters behind me and really drive this to the city group.

• Like 1

I've sent around 5-6 e-mails over the course of four years and probably received replies to 2 or 3 - certainly not all. I've found that if anyone replies it will be Melanie, who I assume is some sort of receptionist/minor PR person at the Latrobe HQ.

What about requesting the heart outline, like the little ones on the badge, on the back of the collar instead of MHFC. 

Or maybe the Heart logo. A lot of teams have something there.

Ajax had their previous crests on a shirt of theirs before: 

The second Ajax crest is still my favourite crest of any football team ever. Slightly biased though

Good video on city schools on the website conducted this week I'm loving the level of professionalism the club is now showing

Aaah that's gold, thanks for the heads up. I took my little one down and was really impressed with the whole setup.

Saw a few glimpses of him on the vid, so he'll be pumped when he sees it.

Good video on city schools on the website conducted this week I'm loving the level of professionalism the club is now showing

Aaah that's gold, thanks for the heads up. I took my little one down and was really impressed with the whole setup.

Saw a few glimpses of him on the vid, so he'll be pumped when he sees it.

No worries, hopefully he learnt a lot

• 3 weeks later...

Manchester City "Cityzens." http://www.insideworldfootball.com/premier-league/15111-man-city-revamp-and-relaunch-global-loyalty-scheme-for-its-cityzens?

I wonder whether we might see some enhancements to our so-called "memberships" in due course?

IMO we've been a bit mean with our memberships this season. A scarf in the new colours would have been a nice touch, plus a "loyalty" discount of a bit more than $10.

Edited by jw1739

Clint is on holidays. Didulica was in Manchester there is a photo of him and Simone, when he returned from his wedding. 

The website currently looks like its been stripped back. In fact it looks like every a league clubs website has been stripped right back. Hopefully this means the FFA has now let everyone create their own website. 

Edited by Dylan

Clint is on holidays. Didulica was in Manchester there is a photo of him and Simone, when he returned from his wedding. 

The website currently looks like its been stripped back. In fact it looks like every a league clubs website has been stripped right back. Hopefully this means the FFA has now let everyone create their own website. 

Goodness me, yes it has. That must have happened in the past few days. Perhaps someone from the club does follow this Forum after all!

Goodness me, yes it has. That must have happened in the past few days. Perhaps someone from the club does follow this Forum after all!

The website will be redesigned as part of the newly appointed Social Media Coordinator's role. They will have more freedom to embed content (mainly social media) and the Club is aware of the limitations previously imposed by the templated Optus sites - they are working to improve stats, playing lists, multimedia etc and you'll see more once the SMC hits the ground running!

The website will be redesigned as part of the newly appointed Social Media Coordinator's role. They will have more freedom to embed content (mainly social media) and the Club is aware of the limitations previously imposed by the templated Optus sites - they are working to improve stats, playing lists, multimedia etc and you'll see more once the SMC hits the ground running!

Looks like they are still the same templated sites provided by Perform (never understood what optus had to do with them TBH). I don't think the club would have much/any scope to really add any features, and what you are saying really only sounds like they will update/manage the content better (stats, playing lists, multimedia), which is probably the best they can do until the FFA lets clubs have their own websites. What limitations have actually changed? Seems like they are all still there (shit design, shit UI/UX, shit cookie-cutter everything, restricted to whatever features the CMS has, etc.).

Have been pretty down and absent on the whole issue..... definitely doesn't feel the same anymore that is for sure.

Just think im going to find myself not doing anything a certain weekend and wanting to have a bit of fun on the terrace. Mmmm still not sure.

Edited by Argentinez
  • Like 1