Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Can't believe some of the bullshit I've read today.

Zero pride, zero honour, zero dignity. Zero hope for humanity.

Either way, at the very least, it's good to see the club put a sheep on the logo. It will represent a lot of it's 'supporters', especially going forward..

parableofsheep.jpg

I take it by the way you are ridiculing all future MCFC fans that this means you will be joining FB in not supporting MCFC...

So where does that leave Supras as a group? :hmm:

Edited by cadete

Either way, at the very least, it's good to see the club put a sheep on the logo. It will represent a lot of it's 'supporters', especially going forward..

parableofsheep.jpg

hope we can keep in touch

Why, where are you going?

parableofsheep.jpg

Why, where are you going?He obv made the pretty fair assumption from your aggressive "Sheep Post" that you will not be a MCFC fan...

But judging from your Cryptic response your now saying you will be supporting MCFC next Season?

Edited by cadete

parableofsheep.jpg

Why, where are you going?

i'm not going anywhere, did i misunderstand your post?

My support is dwindling purely because a team called 'Melbourne City' HAS F*CKING NSW SKY BLUE ON IT

keep it red & white FFS

It's worse that the team will have a kit with Navy on it imo, potentially with navy shorts and socks too.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

My support is dwindling purely because a team called 'Melbourne City' HAS F*CKING NSW SKY BLUE ON IT

keep it red & white FFS

It's worse that the team will have a kit with Navy on it imo, potentially with navy shorts and socks too.

I agree, but one navy stripe on the home kit is okay.

Shorts and socks, not so much.

Too early to say anyway... Need to wait for confirmation before complaining.

The "real" Melbourne City FC are claiming that they haven't agreed to us taking their name too.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152131766771404&id=355862536403

If CFG have got the approval for the name change through, good luck with that.

Interesting that comments had been made in a report that the name issue had been rectified with the Vic state League side, yet we still see this.

EDIT: Further to this, ASIC appears to show the name as Registered to MHFC Holdings. https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/bn/SearchBnRegisters.jspx?_adf.ctrl-state=wt64nolmf_4  

I'm guessing that they hadn't registered the name as they are just a small club, and as soon as they caught wind of Heart becoming City, they shit themselves and tried to register it, but by that time they were too late. I doubt their legal battle will go anywhere, money talks and they don't have much of that, comparatively speaking of course.

Spot on.

My mum works for ASIC so I asked her about the situation and she said that the other MCFC may be operating under a federation. My stepfather was a life member and treasurer at Traralgon City Soccer Club and they operated under a federation. Still if they haven't applied for the trademark they'd be pushing shit up hill to fight CFG on this one. Even more so if they aren't under a federation and have been doing business without an ABN.

Anyway, pretty stoked by today's announcement. Always wanted to see a team in the A-League called City and one with a white home jersey and my team now has both. Clever way to deal with the Sydney FC clash. I really hope we draw them in the FFA Cup. Also, that logo is choice.

There are common law trademarks as well, you don't necessarily have to register a trademark. Having said that, no idea how strong a case that gives you.

parableofsheep.jpg

I take it by the way you are ridiculing all future MCFC fans that this means you will be joining FB in not supporting MCFC...

Massive lols at how much I'm affecting you, can see another Cad meltdown is imminent  :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

I think the picture is pretty accurate of how you should be depicted. Honestly not sure what your problem is with me, but next time we're in the same room together have the fortitude to say whatever it is that bothers you to my face, instead of playing chicken all night and running away once I've left the room. Classic case of a keyboard warrior, lion on the internet and a sheep in person you are a joke   :oops: :oops: :oops::droy:

Edited by FB.

parableofsheep.jpg

Massive lols at how much I'm affecting you, can see another Cad meltdown is imminent :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

I think the picture is pretty accurate of how you should be depicted. Honestly not sure what your problem is with me, but next time we're in the same room together have the fortitude to say whatever it is that bothers you to my face, instead of playing chicken all night and running away once I've left the room. Classic case of a keyboard warrior, lion on the internet and a sheep in person you are a joke :oops: :oops: :oops::droy: That is a bit rich considering that you always come running to the public section of the forum to bag out core. IT has been the case since you left core and we didn't beg you to come back as you expected us to do. It is evident that you have been bitter towards core from the day you quit onwards.

It is far from a Cadete meltdown. He is merely calling the BS you directed at us for not saying we were out if the colours changed. It was joked about by numerous people that you will do a backflip on your decision to not support the team. I am surprised at how quick you were to do it.

I do recall you having a dig at people who were saying they "may" support the team. That was posted directly after I posted saying that I may support the new team. now you are saying you will be supporting the team.

I would have liked to not had to post the above, but I do believe that some perspective was required.

Edited by malloy
  • Like 1

Have been reading the threads today and feel that CFG have let you guys down.

They should have kept the Red & White for the home strip. Also added a Red Stripe between the Sky Blue and Navy Blue which should be the away strip.

I do hope you guys stick with it though. Maybe you will grow to love the club as you did Melbourne Heart.

Hopefully this forum will keep going as I enjoy the banter on here.

I am sure most of you will be wearing your old Red & White tops to the games and probably buy the new one.

The Heart will live on and am sure have great success in the future!!

I don't speak for everyone here cause I'm new but while they could have just bulldozed everything and started again they incorporated some of Heart's identity into the rebranding so I'm happy. I hope over the years they allow New York and Melbourne to add local flair to their teams like some orange on the NYFC their jersey and some red on ours. 

The "real" Melbourne City FC are claiming that they haven't agreed to us taking their name too.https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152131766771404&id=355862536403

If CFG have got the approval for the name change through, good luck with that.

Interesting that comments had been made in a report that the name issue had been rectified with the Vic state League side, yet we still see this.

EDIT: Further to this, ASIC appears to show the name as Registered to MHFC Holdings. https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/bn/SearchBnRegisters.jspx?_adf.ctrl-state=wt64nolmf_4  

I'm guessing that they hadn't registered the name as they are just a small club, and as soon as they caught wind of Heart becoming City, they shit themselves and tried to register it, but by that time they were too late. I doubt their legal battle will go anywhere, money talks and they don't have much of that, comparatively speaking of course.

Spot on.  

My mum works for ASIC so I asked her about the situation and she said that the other MCFC may be operating under a federation. My stepfather was a life member and treasurer at Traralgon City Soccer Club and they operated under a federation. Still if they haven't applied for the trademark they'd be pushing shit up hill to fight CFG on this one. Even more so if they aren't under a federation and have been doing business without an ABN.

Anyway, pretty stoked by today's announcement. Always wanted to see a team in the A-League called City and one with a white home jersey and my team now has both. Clever way to deal with the Sydney FC clash. I really hope we draw them in the FFA Cup. Also, that logo is choice.

There are common law trademarks as well, you don't necessarily have to register a trademark. Having said that, no idea how strong a case that gives you.

Not really sure. I'm just dreading CFG sending them a cease and desist and our frienemies in the media trying to tell us to be outraged about it.

If I may introduce myself, I am a Manchester City fan, supporting the club since 1956. I have a great love of my club and especially of its history and I can trace my family's support for Man City to around 100 years.

I have read many of the pages on this thread, not all and sympathise wholly with many of the sentiments regarding the changes many feel are being forced unwillingly upon you by a bunch of strangers with no ties nor emotional links to your club. I also fully understand the pride you have in your club,its short history, its name, its crest and its colours.

Had our new owners made any attempt to change our colours from our sky blue, I would have been 1st in line to rant at such a drastic change....But Man City have used sky blue for around 120 years. Our history shows that in our early years, the pioneers of our club not only played in a variety of colours, red & black, Black with a Maltese cross, Blue & white stripes and plain white, they also changed their name from St Marks (West Gorton), West Gorton (St Marks, Gorton, Ardwick, finally settling on Manchester City FC, wearing Cambridge blue in 1894, some 14 years after the 1st recorded game.

Some of those changes didn't come easily nor were readily accepted. It was only after a very volatile meeting and an uplifting and emotional speech by one Joshua Parlby, that the name and colour and even the club became firmly established. But what has this got to do with Melbourne?

While I understand some of the furore, it should be remembered that your club is still a relatively new club and as relative newcomers to the A league, may be a few years behind other clubs in evolving and firmly establishing themselves. A mere four years is no time at all. Like Man City, that takes time and sometimes it takes accepting unwelcome changes in the short term, for the longer term gain and a better club.

When I look back at the bigger picture, I am glad that most (not all) of those early pioneers accepted those changes that helped establish my club. I am quite sure that similar arguments were had in Manchester at that time too. In 10 years time, you will have been Red for 4 years and Blue for 10, been Heart/City for the same timescales. like those Mancunians of 1894, you are the pioneers of your club and if a change of name, crest and club colour,held for four years is all you have to pay for the future of your club, the future fans...I'm glad those early Man City fans paid it.

Thanks.

• Like 4

I think the picture is pretty accurate of how you should be depicted. Honestly not sure what your problem is with me, but next time we're in the same room together have the fortitude to say whatever it is that bothers you to my face, instead of playing chicken all night and running away once I've left the room. Classic case of a keyboard warrior, lion on the internet and a sheep in person you are a joke   :oops: :oops: :oops::droy:

I was there. This is false. If you have a legitimate quarrel you can discuss it via another means rather than posting in public looking for likes and attention.

Goes for everyone TBH, I'm going to start banning people that constantly disrupt threads with personal arguments.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

If I may introduce myself, I am a Manchester City fan, supporting the club since 1956. I have a great love of my club and especially of its history and I can trace my family's support for Man City to around 100 years.

I have read many of the pages on this thread, not all and sympathise wholly with many of the sentiments regarding the changes many feel are being forced unwillingly upon you by a bunch of strangers with no ties nor emotional links to your club. I also fully understand the pride you have in your club,its short history, its name, its crest and its colours.

Had our new owners made any attempt to change our colours from our sky blue, I would have been 1st in line to rant at such a drastic change....But Man City have used sky blue for around 120 years. Our history shows that in our early years, the pioneers of our club not only played in a variety of colours, red & black, Black with a Maltese cross, Blue & white stripes and plain white, they also changed their name from St Marks (West Gorton), West Gorton (St Marks, Gorton, Ardwick, finally settling on Manchester City FC, wearing Cambridge blue in 1894, some 14 years after the 1st recorded game.

Some of those changes didn't come easily nor were readily accepted. It was only after a very volatile meeting and an uplifting and emotional speech by one Joshua Parlby, that the name and colour and even the club became firmly established. But what has this got to do with Melbourne?

While I understand some of the furore, it should be remembered that your club is still a relatively new club and as relative newcomers to the A league, may be a few years behind other clubs in evolving and firmly establishing themselves. A mere four years is no time at all. Like Man City, that takes time and sometimes it takes accepting unwelcome changes in the short term, for the longer term gain and a better club.

When I look back at the bigger picture, I am glad that most (not all) of those early pioneers accepted those changes that helped establish my club. I am quite sure that similar arguments were had in Manchester at that time too. In 10 years time, you will have been Red for 4 years and Blue for 10, been Heart/City for the same timescales. like those Mancunians of 1894, you are the pioneers of your club and if a change of name, crest and club colour,held for four years is all you have to pay for the future of your club, the future fans...I'm glad those early Man City fans paid it.

Thanks.

John,  please scroll back through the forums to see why many reject your thoughts and reasoning so we don't have to re-hash old arguments again

• Like 5

Thanks.

John,  please scroll back through the forums to see why many reject your thoughts and reasoning so we don't have to re-hash old arguments again

That was the nice way of saying it :-) 

My apologies but I read quite a lot of this thread but 138 pages is quite a lot more. As a newby on here, I did realisethe risk that what I had posted would more than likely have been covered somewhere.

...and thanks for your patience and your breathing Deeming, both appreciated.

I have to add though, that as a long term supporter with a knowledge of our history, I hold Man City's heritage, customs and traditions dear to my heart. When the new owners arrived, I probably took a more suspicious look at them than most. Up to now, I am well pleased with the way they have conducted themselves with regard to our club, its traditions and our community and our fans.

i am still keeping a watchful eye out though. 

Okay colour issue in a brief summary...

Most fans (~90% my guess) didn't want to change at all.
But large proportion of fans were willing to change colours (begrudgingly) however but not to sky/baby blue because that is the colour of our rival state and has been non-stop since at at least 1907. Potentially longer than Man City

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_state_colours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_South_Wales_rugby_league_team

It would be the equivalent of asking Man City to play in Man Utd colours.

It doesn't really matter, John. There were a handful of City fans who weren't content when we were taken over. The ones who couldn't cope left and now support some other club. The ones who stayed got to see us become the dominant force in English football.

10 years or 100, it doesn't matter. The sheikh will make Melbourne City the strongest A-League club. That may sound arrogant, but it's the truth. For every supporter who leaves, many more will join.

• Like 1

Must comment again. Can't believe people would actually stop supporting MCFC/MHFC. So people were happy to see us hovering at the bottom half of the table and even last only to keep the colours/name? How is the club any different now to what it was prior to the takeover? People were creaming in their pants when they heard of the takeover and now will abandon the club? You must realise a change is inevitable when new management comes in otherwise it will just be like nothing has changed! I understand most would've liked to keep the name/colours and held up signs (as I did too) but the changes will not influence my decision. Buying my memberships as I have since day 1.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 3

This would be the Garry that welcomed Uwe Rosler to the Manchester United Hall of Fame?

TBH, I am surprised there are not more like yourself, silva10 - by the way an unusual name for a diehard Heart fan - but most seem to have already come to terms with it and realise the potential that Melbourne City will attain.

I am a City fan

It makes me laugh when people bring that shit up about Cook....but to me it just shows he is a normal guy....he did great for our club and ensured our identity was built on.

It is very easy for City fans to say what a great future that Melbourne will have but if the tables were turned all of us would feel differently

I guess we will see what happens in the future but CFG certainly don't have the trust of Heart fans

We will see. And we will see them win things. (By the way, bringing up "that shit" about Cook isn't funny)

It is also bullshit......for the few gaffes he made he moved our club on considerably

I don't doubt the New Melbourne team will win trophies.....just a pity it couldn't have been the old team for the fan's sake

Well I have been here since the start and it is the same team to me it's not a New Melbourne Team. Can't speak for anyone else but I'm happy. Sure things have changed and time will tell if for the better but hey I'm ready to embrace the madness and enjoy the ride. :)

• Like 1

Must comment again. Can't believe people would actually stop supporting MCFC/MHFC. So people were happy to see us hovering at the bottom half of the table and even last only to keep the colours/name? How is the club any different now to what it was prior to the takeover? People were creaming in their pants when they heard of the takeover and now will abandon the club? You must realise a change is inevitable when new management comes in otherwise it will just be like nothing has changed! I understand most would've liked to keep the name/colours and held up signs (as I did too) but the changes will not influence my decision. Buying my memberships as I have since day 1.

Wait and watch them crawl back once we suceed, seen it happen before and wouldnt be surprised to see it again

• Like 1

Either way, at the very least, it's good to see the club put a sheep on the logo. It will represent a lot of it's 'supporters', especially going forward..parableofsheep.jpg

Massive lols at how much I'm affecting you, can see another Cad meltdown is imminent  :lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

I think the picture is pretty accurate of how you should be depicted. Honestly not sure what your problem is with me, but next time we're in the same room together have the fortitude to say whatever it is that bothers you to my face, instead of playing chicken all night and running away once I've left the room. Classic case of a keyboard warrior, lion on the internet and a sheep in person you are a joke   :oops: :oops: :oops::droy: Have you ever noticed that no matter how many of these disparaging posts that you and some others make about me on this forum that it never changes anything when you rock up on match day?

Its for that same reason that I more than happy for PPL to use their own judgement to assess these colourful remarks for what they are...

Bellarine Heart group is no more, cancelled memberships and very disappointed. Good luck to all of you who support the new club, I'm sure the football will be better (Villa will probably be a bit better than Mifsud!), but the price we paid in losing our identity and becoming a clone of a club from another country is just too much for me.

Thanks for the great memories to all of you who have been there when we were the Heart

I'm sorry, but you are kidding right?

I was there. This is false. If you have a legitimate quarrel you can discuss it via another means rather than posting in public looking for likes and attention.

Goes for everyone TBH, I'm going to start banning people that constantly disrupt threads with personal arguments.

Mate, neither of you even said goodbye to my girlfriend when you left, even though the bloke in question spent a week with her in perth and knew her well enough to ask personal questions of her. If that wasn't shirking us in a house party of 20 ppl, then I don't know what is.

Last post on this, but I'm happy to let my actions do the talking on this. I gave you both the oppuntriunity to take anything up with me on Saturday night and neither of you have, and instead continue to pot me over the computer.

Like I said said to you in person when you left, I'm ready to meet up with you for a coffee to get whatever problems you have off your chest and you more or less shurgged the offer off. That goes for anyone on here, you have a problem, sort it face to face, instead of potting me over the internet. That goes for everyone, cad, malloy, yourself or whoever.

You've all got my number, you all know where I live, my facey, my email etc. It's not that hard.

inb4, ban or post delete etc.

Edited by FB.

This would be the Garry that welcomed Uwe Rosler to the Manchester United Hall of Fame?

TBH, I am surprised there are not more like yourself, silva10 - by the way an unusual name for a diehard Heart fan - but most seem to have already come to terms with it and realise the potential that Melbourne City will attain.

I am a City fan

It makes me laugh when people bring that shit up about Cook....but to me it just shows he is a normal guy....he did great for our club and ensured our identity was built on.

It is very easy for City fans to say what a great future that Melbourne will have but if the tables were turned all of us would feel differently

I guess we will see what happens in the future but CFG certainly don't have the trust of Heart fans

Cook was appalling.

People support the club for different reasons. I don't think anybody should be criticised for not supporting a new club where they feel the values they cherished in the old club haven't transferred across to the new one. 

I'll be supporting the new club as I have no other options (apart from sulking and having no team to support), but guaranteed success isn't a factor for me in my decision. 

Spot on mate.

No need to criticize people's choices or develop an elitist attitude because you've chosen to remain a supporter and they don't feel that's best for them. People will stay/leave for their own reasons and they should be respected. If those same people then change their minds further down the line then the same should apply.

I'm also staying on but not for the guaranteed success. I've enjoyed (despite our pretty mediocre performances thus far into our existence) standing in the terrace and supporting the Heart with new mates and old and am keen to continue to do so. 

• Like 4

I think we need to look at these changes beyond our current perceptions. In 5-10 years down the track, it is likely that the majority of us will be thankful that such an opportunity came along. Not only will it bring growth and success to the club, but it will benefit the entire league. If we really want the sport to take the next step in Australia, we need this kind of foreign investment. From my perspective, soccer in Australia has been somewhat stagnant at the professional level for quite some time now. These are the kind of investments that will put us on the map and expand the sport throughout the country.

I agree that standing by your principles is important, but Melbourne Heart was far from an established identity. If change was to occur, it's better that it has in the early stages of the club's existence. I'm not sure that MHFC would have been sustainable for the long-term given the previous set-up and club management. At the very least now, MCFC will ensure that we are competitive and expanding the club. The fact that they've kept the red and white to a degree provides for a 'transition' as opposed to cleaning the slate entirely and starting from scratch. Hopefully that aspect is preserved indefinitely.

Whether people decide to stay on or not is entirely up to them, but I'm stoked for what lies ahead.

• Like 4