Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Interesting, just saw this on the 'other' (for lack of a better term) Melbourne City FC Face Book page:

Melbourne City FC News

Due to the current circumstances MC FC would like to advise our fans, players and committee members that all public declarations will be made by our solicitors. 

Any declarations unless authorised by the club or it's legal team will not be supported by the club.

Thank you 

Melbourne City FC est. 1991

Kind of hard not to feel sorry for them, they're likely going to lose their name in all of this...although they'll probably walk away with a bit of cash

The letter Rellum posted above, by the Man City CEO Soriano, is also on the Official Heart website: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/A-Letter-from-the-CEO-of-Manchester-City-FC/84083

It is very pleasing to hear him say 'The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club', and 'Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.'

The new owners are pretty much saying all the right things, and I'm hopeful that their actions will follow their words. However, after the disappointing first 4 seasons of Melbourne Heart, supporters are right to be a bit sceptical. I have much more trust in the new ownership, though, and hopefully they keep to their word and include the supporters in the decision-making process.

Murf, I think when you're as big as Manchester City is - a global business now operating on three continents - you can't make promises that you do not intend to keep.

Not everyone is going to agree with every decision that will be made at the conclusion of the current season. But I'm confident that the process they have outlined will be followed to the letter.

We won't be their last acquisition. What happens with us will be watched by other clubs in growth leagues around the world.

• Like 1

City fan here, just to say welcome to what is the best family in the world. You are about to experience the best ride a football fan could ever have and every dream you have had about your club is about to be realised.

Enjoy it guys and rest assured that as fans, you guys will be the absolute heart of the club still going forward, you will be listened to and the club you all love will be everything it always has been, just better and far more succesful.

You now have one more fan sat here in the UK and i look forward to contributing to this great forum for many years to come.

Enjoy some team called Victory becoming a laughing stock to you, just as we are enjoying the Rags squirming right now ;-)

Legend blueinsa

We want to overtake the Victory. We hate them with a passion

There are hundreds of thousands more that hate them as of today mate as well ;-)

Victory have no idea what is about to hit them pmsl.

• Like 1

Interesting, just saw this on the 'other' (for lack of a better term) Melbourne City FC Face Book page:

Melbourne City FC News

Due to the current circumstances MC FC would like to advise our fans, players and committee members that all public declarations will be made by our solicitors. 

Any declarations unless authorised by the club or it's legal team will not be supported by the club.

Thank you 

Kind of hard not to feel sorry for them, they're likely going to lose their name in all of this...although they'll probably walk away with a bit of cash

so exactly the same as us?

I'd actually like one Man City fan come on here and talk of at least one negative. After the past couple of years of following Heart all this positivity is freaking me out a little. 

Nose bleeds mate from sitting top of the league for years to come.

Sore throats from celebrating goal after goal after goal.

You get the picture....;-)

• Like 4

Melbourne City FC News

Thank you 

so exactly the same as us?

Can't argue there.

Although I will say they've been around for over 20 years so they're probably more attached to it than most the fans on here seem to be (that's not a criticism of anyone by the way, I've also stated I'm comfortable with becoming Melbourne City FC, I desperately want our colours to stay Red and White though).

The letter Rellum posted above, by the Man City CEO Soriano, is also on the Official Heart website: http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/A-Letter-from-the-CEO-of-Manchester-City-FC/84083

It is very pleasing to hear him say 'The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club', and 'Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.'

The new owners are pretty much saying all the right things, and I'm hopeful that their actions will follow their words. However, after the disappointing first 4 seasons of Melbourne Heart, supporters are right to be a bit sceptical. I have much more trust in the new ownership, though, and hopefully they keep to their word and include the supporters in the decision-making process.

We won't be their last acquisition. What happens with us will be watched by other clubs in growth leagues around the world.

I think that's a very important statement. We could become a platform for other clubs to base themselves on when they expand also. If done the right way it will be fantastic, if don't the wrong way then it will get noticed. It's important for city to do it the right way for their own self image and for future acquistions. If they absolutely screw us other clubs around the world won't touch them.

I'd actually like one Man City fan come on here and talk of at least one negative. After the past couple of years of following Heart all this positivity is freaking me out a little. 

Visit the Bluemoon 'matchday' or 'bluemoon' forums if you want negativity!  Manchester City: seeking perfection since 1894.

There was negativity initially about all the changes - the ADUG (what is now called The City Football Group) takeover, the Barca couple coming, the change of manager from Mancini to Pellegrini - but now (nearly) everyone can see the bigger picture and are on board with the "holistic" philosophy of the club first espoused by Soriano when Pellegrini was appointed.

Qualifying regularly for Europe and not getting knocked out in the first round of cup conpetitions is proving to be quite expensive for the match going supporter. Hows that for negative? Seriously though, there are things they have done that I havent agreed with. They're not perfect by any means (can any owner of a sporting team satisfy everyone). But the good has outweighed the bad a hundred times over.

For someone who hasn't had a strong attachment to any particular EPL club (although I must admit I used to love watching Man Utd back in the '90's, and still have one of their old shirts), I'm loving leaning more about the impact the owners have had on City. It's pretty amazing.

Although I'm determined to keep our colours, in every other way I'm unbelievibly excited about what this could do. Football in this country has seen nothing like it. For our club to be at the forefront of what looks like the most significant investment in the game, not just in money, but professionalism and expertise is amazing. It's incredible to think that we're now part of a global network spearheaded by one of the richest and best run clubs in the world. And to imagine where this club might be in maybe 5 years time - successful, competing with best clubs in Asia, playing attractive football, filling Aami Park, producing talent from our own academy... I'm still trying to fathom what the hell just happened.

Anyway, I'll definitely be following the Citizens with far more interest, and enjoying their successes from now.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

Exactly. Despite the glitz and glamour some good marquees will provide I am excited that our club will be key in unearthing the next generation of Socceroos. The dream was always to have a blend of youth being taught to play a particular way as well as some solid middle aged players and older, more glamourous players,. 

This is the dream, I am still so shocked to think that 4 days ago I was reading through these posts, wondering if the take over was going to happen and worst of all, whether my club would even exist in 3 years time. Now with the resources we have, we have the potential to be one of the best clubs in Asia. 

Dear Members and Supporters,

It was announced yesterday that Manchester City Football Club, in partnership with the ownership group of the Melbourne Storm, had successfully acquired Melbourne Heart FC.

Today, on our first full day, the work has begun to help your Club to fulfill its immense potential both on and off the field, within Australia and beyond.

A lot has been written overnight about Manchester City’s entry into Australian football, the city of Melbourne, and the Hyundai A-League. It is our view that we are at the very beginning of a significant opportunity. There is a lot to be done and we are very excited to start that work today.

The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club. In the last 24 hours, we have met with members of the Club‘s management. We have also met with John van ‘t Schip, his coaches and the players. The Director of Football at Manchester City FC, Txiki Begiristain, and the Director of the City Football Academy, Brian Marwood, have already watched their first training session.

Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.

The one thing we already know is that we will work hard to deliver very good football. Melbourne coaches and players will have access to City’s world-class global football resources, including scouting, coaching, human performance and performance analysis. It is also expected that players and coaches from Melbourne will spend time at the City Football Academy (CFA) - a world-class facility for football training and development that will open adjacent to the Etihad Stadium in Manchester in July 2014.

I understand that many of you will have questions about the future of the Club. We are committed to sharing information with you as soon as we can. However, as I stated yesterday, out of respect for the players and coaching staff in the middle of the Hyundai A-League season, we will not be making any more major announcements until the end of the current season.

In the meantime, we should all ensure that the team on the pitch enjoys all of our support for a strong and successful remainder of the season.

Yours sincerely,

Ferran Soriano

CEO, Manchester City Football Club

Posted on MCFC forum.

I am concerned about the highlighted but, does this mean we will be based at Etihad? As in play our games there?

Edited by RoyalHeart

Melbourne City FC News

Thank you 

I'm liking their kit!

625473_10151357391266404_1933172101_n.jp

But this has confused me.  Not just the intention by the new owners to use the name of an existing club (OK, they can probably buy out the much smaller club's intellectual property), but that there is a team in Melbourne already playing in sky blue and white.  I've heard on here that sky blue is associated with NSW and Sydney FC.  Is that association anything more than the colours Sydney FC play in? - which being sky blue and navy blue are not truly Man City's colours.

Edited by oeokosko

For someone who hasn't had a strong attachment to any particular EPL club (although I must admit I used to love watching Man Utd back in the '90's, and still have one of their old shirts), I'm loving leaning more about the impact the owners have had on City. It's pretty amazing.

Although I'm determined to keep our colours, in every other way I'm unbelievibly excited about what this could do. Football in this country has seen nothing like it. For our club to be at the forefront of what looks like the most significant investment in the game, not just in money, but professionalism and expertise is amazing. It's incredible to think that we're now part of a global network spearheaded by one of the richest and best run clubs in the world. And to imagine where this club might be in maybe 5 years time - successful, competing with best clubs in Asia, playing attractive football, filling Aami Park, producing talent from our own academy... I'm still trying to fathom what the hell just happened.

Anyway, I'll definitely be following the Citizens with far more interest, and enjoying their successes from now.

Agree. It's probably hard to point to a more significant moment in Australian local football history - and I'm assuming/hoping that all the positive talk from our English friends is not bullshit. I guess the proof will be in the eating.

It was announced yesterday that Manchester City Football Club, in partnership with the ownership group of the Melbourne Storm, had successfully acquired Melbourne Heart FC.

Today, on our first full day, the work has begun to help your Club to fulfill its immense potential both on and off the field, within Australia and beyond.

A lot has been written overnight about Manchester City’s entry into Australian football, the city of Melbourne, and the Hyundai A-League. It is our view that we are at the very beginning of a significant opportunity. There is a lot to be done and we are very excited to start that work today.

The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club. In the last 24 hours, we have met with members of the Club‘s management. We have also met with John van ‘t Schip, his coaches and the players. The Director of Football at Manchester City FC, Txiki Begiristain, and the Director of the City Football Academy, Brian Marwood, have already watched their first training session.

Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.

The one thing we already know is that we will work hard to deliver very good football. Melbourne coaches and players will have access to City’s world-class global football resources, including scouting, coaching, human performance and performance analysis. It is also expected that players and coaches from Melbourne will spend time at the City Football Academy (CFA) - a world-class facility for football training and development that will open adjacent to the Etihad Stadium in Manchester in July 2014.

I understand that many of you will have questions about the future of the Club. We are committed to sharing information with you as soon as we can. However, as I stated yesterday, out of respect for the players and coaching staff in the middle of the Hyundai A-League season, we will not be making any more major announcements until the end of the current season.

In the meantime, we should all ensure that the team on the pitch enjoys all of our support for a strong and successful remainder of the season.

Yours sincerely,

Ferran Soriano

Posted on MCFC forum.

I am concerned about the highlighted but, does this mean we will be based at Etihad? As in play our games there?

The world class facility is being built next to the Etihad in Manchester. As in the UK. England!

I don't think they will make Melbourne Heart play their games over there :)

Melbourne City FC NewsDue to the current circumstances MC FC would like to advise our fans, players and committee members that all public declarations will be made by our solicitors. Any declarations unless authorised by the club or it's legal team will not be supported by the club.Thank you Melbourne City FC est. 1991

I'm liking their kit!

But this has confused me.  Not just the intention by the new owners to use the name of an existing club (OK, they can probably buy out the much smaller club's intellectual property), but that there is a team in Melbourne already playing in sky blue and white.  I've heard on here that sky blue is associated with NSW and Sydney FC.  Is that association anything more than the colours Sydney FC play in? - which being sky blue and navy blue are not truly Man City's colours.

Lots of local clubs use sky blue, Argentina kit etc. On a national level it would be very weird for us to wear sky blue as it is synonymous with NSW and Sydney

Melbourne City FC News

Thank you 

I'm liking their kit!

In other sports NSW has always used the sky blue colour. Victoria has used navy blue. Qld maroon etc It's just the state colours. When the A-league started there was one team in sydney and one in melbourne (that's why Melbourne Victory are navy blue). They just used the state colours for the teams (bit generic and plastic) In local comps and lower leagues the colours are all mixed up. At a pro level though it is normally associated with NSW. Also because we are a young comp they don't really want the teams to clash or get mixed up. If we were in the VPL (victoria league) there would be no problem, but at a professional level, it would cause a real stir.

Melbourne City Football club
Professional Sports Team · 444 Likes

Melb City FC: 

The Melbourne City Football Club wishes to announce to our members, fans, players and public the club will dispute any trademark lodged applications from the Melbourne Heart football club. 

We will not surrender our club name. 

Thank you 

MC FC

May be a few issues with the new name given a club already exists with the title. Perhaps as Ando mentioned, Heart of Melbourne City FC?

How about Man City just buys out Melbourne City FC too and their club and we can build our training base where they're currently located :-)

That's actually a very good idea!  You'd have a training base immediately, whilst new facilities are being built next to your ground, and you could exchange players between the clubs to give your youngsters some playing experience and take on their best performers.  They could be your local feeder club.

Edited by oeokosko

Herald Sun reporting that Manchester City will play Melbourne Heart, and perhaps Brisbane Roar, seemingly in May later this year:

EPL outfit Manchester City set to face A-League sides Brisbane Roar and Melbourne Heart

SUNCORP Stadium is set to host Manchester City as part of a two-game Australian tour celebrating the English Premier League giant's purchase of A-League club Melbourne Heart.

It is understood Tourism and Events Queensland are in talks with City officials about a match between the Manchester club and Brisbane Roar in May.

"We always consider proposals to bring a high calibre sporting event to Queensland," TEQ corporate affairs group executive Megan Saunders said.

City's program will also include a match at Melbourne's Etihad Stadium against the Heart, who they now own after an $11.25 million takeover on Thursday.

City, the world's richest football club thanks to the billions of owner Sheikh Mansour, are expected to send a developmental squad to Australia.

Their biggest stars, including Sergio Augero, David Villa, Vincent Kompany and Yaya Toure, will be in World Cup mode with their respective nations ahead of the globe's biggest sporting event in June in Brazil.

Still, the excitement surrounding The Citizens' new relationship with A-League should ensure healthy crowds in Brisbane and Melbourne. The Sky Blues have had an official Brisbane supporters group since last 2010.

[...]

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/epl-outfit-manchester-city-set-to-face-aleague-sides-brisbane-roar-and-melbourne-heart/story-fnk6pqhd-1226810011786

Edited by Murfy1

hello all down under

another manc here who just wishes to give you his insite into your 'situation'

to be honest i looked up your forum just to see if the thread played out anything like the one on 'bluemoon' did when we were taken over and i must say you have done yourselfs proud lots of 'holy shit'coupled with 'pinch me' but on the down side you obviously have a lot of ex-pats or supporters of other teams who think this will be a plaything or just an extension of MCFC ..... they will be proved wrong trust in the ceo that is my only advice

there was a forum member who asked for an unhappy city fan to come on here (alexxandro i think) sorry mate you are not gonna find one

i have been a City supporter (not fan,fans armchair supporters attend) for near on 30 years in that time up until the takeover the only way i could voice an opinion was in shared voice on the terraces or as a mob calling for the managers head after a really bad result

in the years since the take over i have been inundated with emails,questionaire phone calls asking for opinions and input to the various aspects of (what still remains) my club the improvments are staggering some of the concepts for improving 'match day experience' might be abit cheesy but on the whole i would only change one thing

i wish it could have happened 25 years ago

we have gone from 'good old city they try but there shit' and 'everyones favourite underdog'

to the best funded, most feared, best attacking and attractive footballl with some of the biggest names in world football club

and thats not an understatement this season we have scored just over 100 goals in all competions thats 35 games we are the only team in england that can still do the quadruple we are already in one cup final on the 3rd of march

now your wondering why im going on about City and what it relates to Melbourne Hearts

the answer EVERYTHING this will be YOU trust when the CEO says you will be invested in trust when he says you are not just an extension of MCFC you can trust because i have seen it and as God is my witness you are in for a great time if im wrong you can hunt me down i will be in the south stand on match days the one (of many) with a big grin on my face

ps have a look on youtube especially with regard to the training academy (we can't just keep buying we will develop the best youth in the world) and the ground extension if you still 'the arabs' are not in this for the long haul

hello all down under

another manc here who just wishes to give you his insite into your 'situation'

to be honest i looked up your forum just to see if the thread played out anything like the one on 'bluemoon' did when we were taken over and i must say you have done yourselfs proud lots of 'holy shit'coupled with 'pinch me' but on the down side you obviously have a lot of ex-pats or supporters of other teams who think this will be a plaything or just an extension of MCFC ..... they will be proved wrong trust in the ceo that is my only advice

there was a forum member who asked for an unhappy city fan to come on here (alexxandro i think) sorry mate you are not gonna find one

i have been a City supporter (not fan,fans armchair supporters attend) for near on 30 years in that time up until the takeover the only way i could voice an opinion was in shared voice on the terraces or as a mob calling for the managers head after a really bad result

in the years since the take over i have been inundated with emails,questionaire phone calls asking for opinions and input to the various aspects of (what still remains) my club the improvments are staggering some of the concepts for improving 'match day experience' might be abit cheesy but on the whole i would only change one thing

i wish it could have happened 25 years ago

we have gone from 'good old city they try but there shit' and 'everyones favourite underdog'

to the best funded, most feared, best attacking and attractive footballl with some of the biggest names in world football club

and thats not an understatement this season we have scored just over 100 goals in all competions thats 35 games we are the only team in england that can still do the quadruple we are already in one cup final on the 3rd of march

now your wondering why im going on about City and what it relates to Melbourne Hearts

the answer EVERYTHING this will be YOU trust when the CEO says you will be invested in trust when he says you are not just an extension of MCFC you can trust because i have seen it and as God is my witness you are in for a great time if im wrong you can hunt me down i will be in the south stand on match days the one (of many) with a big grin on my face

ps have a look on youtube especially with regard to the training academy (we can't just keep buying we will develop the best youth in the world) and the ground extension if you still 'the arabs' are not in this for the long haul

This guys, only this ;-)

In the early days back in the 1800s Manchester City changed their name and the colours of their shirts regularly as did every other club in England. The Australian A league will go through the same process but a hundred and odd years later, it's inevitable in an embryonic league. I know the Melbourne fans won't like it but it is inevitable because the Abu Dhabi owners are creating the 'CITY' sky blue and white brand. It's a bit like breaking your arm in a car accident, very painful at first but very nice when the cheque for the compensation comes through the post!

Yours sincerely,

Ferran Soriano

Posted on MCFC forum.

Sorry, I am a lazy prick and just cut and pasted from the other forum. The bolded is important to our pommy friends.

If you're ever over here please send me a message beforehand and I'll give you my season card. You will then hear so e negatives. The guys I sit near would moan if they won the jackpot on the lottery. They moaned when were shite, they moaned when we signed Robinho ('he doesn't track back'), they moaned when we only put one past Stoke in the FA Cup final, they moaned when we didn't sign Kaka/Messi/Ibrahimovic, they moan constantly about some of our players. They're like my mum, if they had nothing to moan about, they'd moan about that.

For the vast majority of Blues there hasn't been one negative, but then again all they've done here is plow a shit load of money into the club and save us from possible administration. I'd imagine some of the die hards would be unhappy if they wanted to change our name, or home colours.

I'll go along to the game, but I sure as he'll know which team I will be supporting and who I want to win.

Shame it's being played at such a terrible stadium.

It shouldnt be any other way either mate.

You are not going to be a plaything and you are not about to become City lite.

You are Melbourne Heart, a proud club with what appears to be a proud and fantastic fan base.

Only difference mate is you are about to take it to a whole new level ;-)

• Like 1

Melbourne City FC News

Thank you 

I'm liking their kit!

In other sports NSW has always used the sky blue colour. Victoria has used navy blue. Qld maroon etc It's just the state colours. When the A-league started there was one team in sydney and one in melbourne (that's why Melbourne Victory are navy blue). They just used the state colours for the teams (bit generic and plastic) In local comps and lower leagues the colours are all mixed up. At a pro level though it is normally associated with NSW. Also because we are a young comp they don't really want the teams to clash or get mixed up. If we were in the VPL (victoria league) there would be no problem, but at a professional level, it would cause a real stir.

Thanks for the clarification!

what i was trying to allude to in my post is that i dont think you will see sweeping changes that go against the wishes of the fans

it makes no sense !

you will be consulted asked your opinions given questionaires on every thing from kit changes (if any) charges for attending matches imput into food outlets which perks you would prefer as a season ticket holder all sorts of random shit that you probably take for granted and didnt even realise you had an opinion on !

make no mistake the foreign owners that have taken there fans for granted have found the path of most resistance 'cardiff and hull the main ones that spring to mind'

YOUR owners like MINE (and i word it that way because i feel you will be run as your own team/club not as extension of ours) will take the path of least resistance that means working with the fans/supporters

enjoy the ride CTID

• Like 1