Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Our owners are making a brand based on man city.The major part of that brand is the name,City, and the colours.

I`ll be very surprised if both name and colours don`t change I`m afraid.

But hey, you`re going to end up following the best team in the southern hemisphere! Half the effing World!

Embrace the changes,chill out,relax,and ffs enjoy what`s coming.

Our owners are making a brand based on man city.The major part of that brand is the name,City, and the colours.

I`ll be very surprised if both name and colours don`t change I`m afraid.

But hey, you`re going to end up following the best team in the southern hemisphere! Half the effing World!

Embrace the changes,chill out,relax,and ffs enjoy what`s coming.

We get that and we're all excited for that potential..

but the general consensus (myself included) is that we want to keep at least our colours and joke kit.. otherwise there's nothing left of our previous entity (even though it was shit it was the one we became attached to)

• Like 2

Home: Keeping the red and white stripes with a blue pin stripe, mush like Newcastle Uniteds home jersey

HeartNewKit_zps2737021e.png

Away: The off-centre flag of Melbourne cross was a favourite amongst the users here when I suggested this

HeartMelbFlag2_zps83cb5b9c.png

I included more Sky blue for Citys part

HeartNewKitAway_zps2a94dc57.png

3rd: A Galatasaray inspired kit with Hearts red and Citys burgundy

HeartNewKit3rd_zps68d4e936.png

• Like 1

Not sure about everyone else but I have done absolutely nothing at work since this news hit me. I just sit here frothing over the forums and fist pump every now and then at my desk. People keep asking why I keep randomly smile,  so now they think I'm some kind of sex offender :/ But i really don't care, cos the next chapter in the Heart's (yes I will always call them hearts, change the offical name that's fine) history is going to be bonkers. Away trips to Asia bring it on!

Edited by carlings
  • Like 6

To Answer the Salary cap questions.... I say this

Say the same amount of $$ was offered for the best 23 year old in the country, he is out of contract as you can only sign australians on frees...

but who is he going to choose,
- the one that has the best facilities in the league by miles (soon to be Ferran Soriano said its #1) 
- the one with a link to the EPL 
- the one that holds training camps in england in the off season 
- the one that could participate in practice torunements in dubai with city and new york 
- the one with the best backroom staff in the league 

- the one best coaches

Then if you are a young 16 year old at that age you are looking to get into the youth teams, 1 team for every a league team, and the best is probably melbourne victory in melbourne 
- who are they gonna come to now... the one with the best academy you could imagine

You can't seriously believe that the half arsed job sidwell and co did has anything to do with this do you?

If our new owners had approached the ffa and said they wanted to build a new club from scratch they would have said no we already have heart? This is a nice and easy way for them to allow city into the comp and and get rid of heart in the one transaction. Nothing heart have ever done is needed by our new owners.

Sidell and Co had no clue that City were involved until the very last minute.

Luckiest bastards in the world to walk with a cool $5 mill for not having a clue about how to run a football club.

• Like 2

LOVING the Man City fans finding our forum and giving us some insight.

Truely global game isn't it.

That Aguero winner takes on a different meaning for me now.

I don't know how well known this video is or whether it has been posted in this thread already, but it encapsulates totally what that Aguero winner meant to us.

mqdefault.jpg

BTW, if not already seen, check out the Bluemoon forum!

Amazing video to watch, especially with the old bloke who followed the club for 75 years.

I was watching the game here at 3am and even though I'm a Chelsea supporter, I was thoroughly pleased that City won it 

I woke up singing blue moon and had to pinch myself to realise that yesterday was not a dream..

WE ARE FUCKING CITY, WE ARE FUCKING CITY, LETS GO FUCKING MENTAL, WE ARE FUCKING CITY

still so soo happy

With your Isco pic in your signature, I'm not sure if you followed the Isco saga over summer but we had well over 1000 pages (spread over a few threads as they kept having to be restarted) on Isco over on our Bluemoon forums (mostly people losing their insanity and posting cat gifs) hoping we were gonna clinch his signature - was a right roller coaster transfer saga, we basically had him in the bag until Zidane got involved. If any of you are interested in our forums (http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk) you will be welcome to join just like you've all been very welcoming on here to us.

I think it's probably, mostly a regional thing to Manchester/the NW of England due to the miserable skies but we as City fans always have to moan about something but nowadays with every thing going so right, you might wonder why we are moaning over how to receive free pies at the game and similar meaningless things - just to give you a heads up it's because we were so used to moaning but now there isn't really anything football related to moan about!

By the way if some of you haven't realised, you'll now have over 48,000 City fans taking an interest in your club (which is quite an improvement from your 7000 or so fans at the moment). To quote our official site (www.mcfc.co.uk) we have 8,610,435 FB Likes, 1,443,499 Twitter followers and 2,929,043 Google Plus Ones and of course football fans world wide will also take an interest in this so I don't think it'd be unfair to say your the most well known Australian football club right now.

Hey mate,

Thanks for acknowledging the genius that is ISCO. Must add that i am an extreme Real Madrid Fanatic... Would paint the town white if i could, would fight and die for Real Madrid ( as being from spain, Madrid adds to the equation). I had followed the ISCO saga and have kept an eye on ISCO for atleast a year into his Malaga contract boasting to my friends how good he is.

I could kill the scums of Arsenal for having Ozil but thats business, what can i say.

Based on our relationship, i kind of feel obliged to support City considering you guys are saving us from drowning. I could not be any happier that out of all the clubs to be affiliated with, it was yours.

Your City, Our City

Our Manchester, Your Melbourne

Happy to forget the Real v City differences and concentrate on growing together as a mob.

I must confess to being obscenely pleased with this development. I joined Melbourne heart because it was the "anti" Muscat club. And while that still keeps me warm at night the football was dire many times. I can only really think of that six-ten game stretch when madaschi was playing for us as a period where we actually looked like a team that would be able to compete week in week out.

I liked being the little brother of the big V team. we consistently outplayed them and won those games and that week was often worth the terrible football at home to the likes of glory or phoenix.

But I am now absolutely in the space of liking it even more if we were able to shove some real football under their noses and become as established and financially secure.  

When we get renamed, would people still have a problem with people wearing heart gear to games? Otherwise i've got half a closet of heart gear which will do nothing but collect dust.

Personally I wouldn't. All of that stuff is still a part of our history and even though we are turning a new chapter it is still good to acknowledge the past. Even if we get renamed to City I will still refer to the club as the Heart to some degree.

When we get renamed, would people still have a problem with people wearing heart gear to games? Otherwise i've got half a closet of heart gear which will do nothing but collect dust.

it will be retro !! It's all part of our history. In 10 years time when we are getting 20k to home games we will all look the bees knees in our original stuff. Not that I wear it to games. I'm to ultra for that shit. By ultra I mean to poor to buy any :(

The perfect way to differentiate between the plastic supporters and the original supporters. One will have heart merchandise, the other will have city.

• Like 2

it will be retro !! It's all part of our history. In 10 years time when we are getting 20k to home games we will all look the bees knees in our original stuff. Not that I wear it to games. I'm to ultra for that shit. By ultra I mean to poor to buy any :(

lol at your poorness and therefore hardcoreness in being an ultra, respect.

Well that is all part of the history of the club. Cardiff got forcible changed from royal blue to red. They still retain the nickname Bluebirds and their away kit is now blue. However, the crowd is a complete mix of red shirts and blue shirts! City fans wear away and 3rd shirts going back many years and of many colours.

- - -

As a matter of interest, have many of you watched City play recently?

Congratulations!  You've just won the Lotto!

I understand your concern about possibilities of name change, colours change and stadium change.  I've no great knowledge about what will happen but you may be due a Hull+Cardiff change in one and that will be unsettling, although there's no reason not to keep "Hearts" as the nickname.

But my point is, would you like to become part of the Manchester City group, have the same philosophy and see Manchester City style football played in your local stadium?  Have the locality transformed into a footballing Mecca with training and community facilities that opponents can only dream of, have the Manchester City team visit on tour and exchange players (both ways) to develop them?  A change of name and colours would seem to me a small price to pay to enjoy the wonderful football we are enjoying here in the UK.  In 5 years, Manchester City will be amongst the most successful, if not the most successful, football club in the world, playing beautiful, open football in the right spirit - not the mean, cheating version of the game that Manchester United have played these past 20 years.  Don't you want to be part of that?

Enjoy the ride!

Enjoyed everything you said then untill the whole manchester united cheating part...

I'm glad your club bought us...it's good for us.

But fuck you and fuck man city UNITED TILL I DIE! 

• Like 1

You can't seriously believe that the half arsed job sidwell and co did has anything to do with this do you?

If our new owners had approached the ffa and said they wanted to build a new club from scratch they would have said no we already have heart? This is a nice and easy way for them to allow city into the comp and and get rid of heart in the one transaction. Nothing heart have ever done is needed by our new owners.

Sidell and Co had no clue that City were involved until the very last minute.

Luckiest bastards in the world to walk with a cool $5 mill for not having a clue about how to run a football club.

In fact, as I read it, neither had FFA until the senior execs from City turned up to sign the paperwork earlier this week.

It's interesting how FFA, Sydney, and WSW are all trying to get on the bandwagon. This really has turned football in this country on its head!

Well that is all part of the history of the club. Cardiff got forcible changed from royal blue to red. They still retain the nickname Bluebirds and their away kit is now blue. However, the crowd is a complete mix of red shirts and blue shirts! City fans wear away and 3rd shirts going back many years and of many colours.

- - -

The last Man City game I watched the whole way through was against Swansea at the start of the year (for obvious reasons), but I have seen snippets throughout the season and of course you guys are impressive haha.

Can't see why brother, In fact I'd encourage it!

Went out yesterday to pick up an away jersey, a MHFC water bottle and mug . THese will be rare commodities in a few years so stock up on your MHFC merchandise folks! Will keep wearing the red and white next season regardless.

• Like 1

- - -

I'm a die-hard Gooner (stay up/wake up at silly hours to watch every game, I also run an Arsenal Podcast with a mate) so I watch a fair bit of EPL football, I obviously watched the score fest we had against you the other month (let's not go any further into that haha).

I've probably seen about 10 games of yours in total this season and seen the highlights of most of the others, goes without saying that you play some brilliant football. Would be amazing if the Heart could emulate that to some extent.

Edited by King Malta

Can everybody just think about the type of sponsors we will attract now? $$$

Hope we stay with Westpac as they've stuck with us since day 1. But the other sponsors will be joining the queue to get on board our bandwagon.  :)

It's the other way around. Westpac sticking with us. It's only a little while since they renewed the sponsorship and IIRC the renewal was for three years. BTW, all this is covered by the statement made yesterday that 'Under the terms of the transaction, the new owners will assume responsibility for all existing obligations of Melbourne Heart.' - see http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/FFA-approves-Melbourne-Heart-licence-acquisition/83934

"Obligations" is a catch-all word meaning liabilities, commitments, arrangements etc. etc.

In time you will wear them like a badge of honour, like Liverpool fans wearing their Crown Paints shirts, Manu fans wearing their SHARP shirts.

And if any karnts wearing sky blue give you some lip, you can say "Where were you when we were shit?"

• Like 2

I still think this is a dream.... I am so happy and blown away by this but as other members of this forum have mentioned we should still be cautious as we don't want EVERYTHING to do with our club to be changed.

Amazed at the amount of City fans coming on here and discussing this topic with us!

Can everybody just think about the type of sponsors we will attract now? $$$

Hope we stay with Westpac as they've stuck with us since day 1. But the other sponsors will be joining the queue to get on board our bandwagon.  :)

It's the other way around. Westpac sticking with us. It's only a little while since they renewed the sponsorship and IIRC the renewal was for three years. BTW, all this is covered by the statement made yesterday that 'Under the terms of the transaction, the new owners will assume responsibility for all existing obligations of Melbourne Heart.' - see http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/FFA-approves-Melbourne-Heart-licence-acquisition/83934

"Obligations" is a catch-all word meaning liabilities, commitments, arrangements etc. etc.

I was saying for next season and beyond. Of course current contracts in place will stand but this opens up a million and more doors for us... Really hope our contract with Krappa is over

• Like 1