Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

When we get renamed, would people still have a problem with people wearing heart gear to games? Otherwise i've got half a closet of heart gear which will do nothing but collect dust.

In time you will wear them like a badge of honour, like Liverpool fans wearing their Crown Paints shirts, Manu fans wearing their SHARP shirts.

And if any karnts wearing sky blue give you some lip, you can say "Where were you when we were shit?"

Or Dockers fan in the OG Green Away Jumper! :up:

• Like 2

When we get renamed, would people still have a problem with people wearing heart gear to games? Otherwise i've got half a closet of heart gear which will do nothing but collect dust.

Can't see why brother, In fact I'd encourage it!

Went out yesterday to pick up an away jersey, a MHFC water bottle and mug . THese will be rare commodities in a few years so stock up on your MHFC merchandise folks! Will keep wearing the red and white next season regardless.

one way to waste your money!!!

Would love to see what happens with memberships now this is done and dusted.

I would imagine a spike in membership from over overseas brothers and sisters from Manchester City and also New York City

How many City fans are there in Melbourne? and as for New York City fans!!!

Still dreaming i see

Association football (soccer)

The A-League national association football (soccer) competition has set a salary cap of A$2.48 million (excluding Marquee, guest and replacement players) for the 2012/2013 season, with a salary floor of $2.294 million. Each team can sign one "marquee player" and one "guest player", whose salaries are excluded from the team's salary cap. The A-League has also introduced a "junior marquee" for eligible under 23 year old players with the aim of keeping young talented players in Australia (or New Zealand for the Wellington Phoenix) for a longer period.

Can't see why brother, In fact I'd encourage it!

Went out yesterday to pick up an away jersey, a MHFC water bottle and mug . THese will be rare commodities in a few years so stock up on your MHFC merchandise folks! Will keep wearing the red and white next season regardless.

one way to waste your money!!! Troll off.

Your anal pain display is not required here

In time you will wear them like a badge of honour, like Liverpool fans wearing their Crown Paints shirts, Manu fans wearing their SHARP shirts.

And if any karnts wearing sky blue give you some lip, you can say "Where were you when we were shit?"

The only decent Man Utd shirts ;)

Are we now classed as a buying success club??

Considering we haven't had any success yet and it's a salary capped league it's a bit hard say just yet.

I really don't think we are going to dominate in terms of celtic or rangers in scotland etc. I do expect to be a regular top 4 team though (i expected that anyway), but we will still have bad seasons etc. We can expect to be a contender now though, instead of poor old melbourne heart.

Edited by thedukeofhearts

Just chatting with a mate

the amount that the club has gone for , and the amount it has cost the Sheihk ( Rattle and Roll) is like me going to the shop for a couple of litres of milk

As an old bloke, who's been with Heart from the start, I'm happy ,BUT, not sure

as long as we play decent football , thats what Im most concerned about

Are we now classed as a buying success club??

Considering we haven't had any success yet and it's a salary capped league it's a bit hard say just yet.

I really don't think we are going to dominate in terms of celtic or rangers in scotland etc. I do expect to be a regular top 4 team though (i expected that anyway), but we will still have bad seasons etc. We can expect to be a contender now though, instead of poor old melbourne heart.

I wouldn't call playing in 2nd Division Scotland where the football is of worse quality than the VPL dominating... :lowy:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

y'know quite few Western Bulldogs, Nth Melb and Melbourne Demons fans here...how are we gonna cope as winners?

First I want to cope with the idea that we're going to shed out shit image and start to feel as if we are real contenders year in year out. The noise on the street so far is that the ManC buy-in is doing our image a world of good. Coping with winning will be easy - but let's not get tooooo ahead of ourselves.

Little pissant HeartFC is writing a new chapter in Australian football history. Just could not have imagined that a few weeks ago.

I can already see Victory singing there new chant.

"This is how it feels to be City"

"This is how it feels to be small"

"This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all, nothing at all"

Finally Heart make the front page of the Sun!

A dirty rag man united song. Tell them to eff off and think up one of their own :-)

"So this is how it feels to be City.

This is what it means to stand tall,

This is how it feels when our club has no debt at all."  (sung while flashing 'v' signs at the RAGs)

Maybe I come from a different angle to most, but a club name, crest, colours and the intrinsic identity it brings means a helluva lot more to me then the extra dosh being thrown in.

Usually I would agree with you FB, but surely you can see the difference here. Clubs like North Melbourne are part of people's family and Melbourne's History. They are loyal to the badge because its a part of who they are. 

Heart (the club), on the other hand I dont feel any sense of loyalty to. Loyalty (for me) comes from trust and/or pride which has been EARNED over a period of time. They have done nothing to earn my trust and they have given me nothing to be proud of. In fact quite the opposite. Heart has been one big betrayal and embarrassment so I am honestly not too fussed if its gone and something meaningful is built or they keep it as is and fix it up. Either way I am just happy that the past 4 years is behind me.

Obviously I respect your opinion and I am not trying to change your mind. I just want you to understand where me and others who are happy about this are coming from.

I don't see how Heart CAN'T be seen as apart of who we are.

For people like me and you who were there from the start, it has been our life for the best part of 4 and a bit years.

Through countless hours spent on these forums. Meeting in person. Painting tifo, designing banners, traveling all around the country even spilling blood for the cause. As you would know, it can't really be explained how much effort we have put into following this club. As far as I see it, we all bought into that identity when we chose this club. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand the excitement (I am excited too). I just don't like the idea of the identity of a foreign club being imposed on our club.

I haven't always been a fan of Heart, but it is OUR identity now, and if a new name is suggested it needs to be chosen by the supporter-base and it needs to be a democratic decision. Not just imposed on us from the outside by new owners who've never had any involvement with us before. If City gets up I'm all for it, I don't want us to have our name forcibly changed so we fit in with some overseas club. And the fact people are happy to give that up on here and even give up our club colours I'm finding is incredibly fickle.

And fwiw, just to be clear, I'm not about to stop following the club. But I will find it harder to be passionate about our side if a name change is forcibly pushed upon us. 

• Like 5

Maybe I come from a different angle to most, but a club name, crest, colours and the intrinsic identity it brings means a helluva lot more to me then the extra dosh being thrown in.

Usually I would agree with you FB, but surely you can see the difference here. Clubs like North Melbourne are part of people's family and Melbourne's History. They are loyal to the badge because its a part of who they are. 

Heart (the club), on the other hand I dont feel any sense of loyalty to. Loyalty (for me) comes from trust and/or pride which has been EARNED over a period of time. They have done nothing to earn my trust and they have given me nothing to be proud of. In fact quite the opposite. Heart has been one big betrayal and embarrassment so I am honestly not too fussed if its gone and something meaningful is built or they keep it as is and fix it up. Either way I am just happy that the past 4 years is behind me.

Obviously I respect your opinion and I am not trying to change your mind. I just want you to understand where me and others who are happy about this are coming from.

For people like me and you who were there from the start, it has been our life for the best part of 4 and a bit years.

Through countless hours spent on these forums. Meeting in person. Painting tifo, designing banners, traveling all around the country even spilling blood for the cause. As you would know, it can't really be explained how much effort we have put into following this club. As far as I see it, we all bought into that identity when we chose this club. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand the excitement (I am excited too). I just don't like the idea of the identity of a foreign club being imposed on our club.

I haven't always been a fan of Heart, but it is OUR identity now, and if a new name is suggested it needs to be chosen by the supporter-base and it needs to be a democratic decision. Not just imposed on us from the outside by new owners who've never had any involvement with us before. If City gets up I'm all for it, I don't want us to have our name forcibly changed so we fit in with some overseas club. And the fact people are happy to give that up on here and even give up our club colours I'm finding is incredibly fickle.

And fwiw, just to be clear, I'm not about to stop following the club. But I will find it harder to be passionate about our side if a name change is forcibly pushed upon us. 

exactly. I look at changes as evolution of the club and have always expected it to be tweaked, but it must be fan driven and consulted. We must remain to have some ownership of our club, otherwise what's the point or being a member. Just watch random teams on the telly.

It's just a name. Hell I supported Heart even though I think the name is stupid. 

City being added to our name is good. I will still refer to us as Heart. The chants etc don't have to change. I would like us to keep being red and white. I would like our badge to reflect Melbourne and Heart our nickname in someway. Like someone mentioned about beer, we are apart of ManC but we must keep our own identity. On websites, marketing stuff  etc we can show that we are apart of the group but we are our own brand so too speak.

Hope that made sense.  

• Like 1

Mate, I understand where you're coming from. But the problem arises is when the name, crest, colours, etc. become the only reason for continuing the support - which is what we have endured for the best part of two seasons. Each and every time Heart supporters dared to voice their concerns and ultimately their distress during the JA saga, the club's appeals to us were only based on loyalty and nothing else. "Get behind the red and white" was the message. Nothing about doing something to change what was happening - just appealing to our loyalty to the club. The final straw for me was not the "not winning", but the club's administrators daring to celebrate a home draw!

I don't actually believe that we will change our colours. I think we can retain the name "Heart" as fans, even if it is no longer part of our official name. And given that we weren't going anywhere the way we were, and given the track record of our new owners at Manchester City, surely now we are on the right path at last?

City fan from the UK just wishing to add my congratulations on being owned by the best owners a football supporter could ever hope for his team

Change is strange and we all have worries about something unknown all I can tell you is that everything our owners have done has been with a sure touch and I am sure you will enjoy the ride.

Don't forget though that a club is not the name of the team, the crest on the shirt, the colour of the shirt, the players, the manager or the owners they can come and go it is we the fans that are the heart and soul of the club.  We make the chants, the noise, the atmosphere.  I was there when City got relegated into the 3rd tier of English football I was there when we won the league we the fans are the club so I hope you stick with yours and have fun watching your rivals squirm with jealousy

Edited by chesterguy

I have had my say so I won't say any more after this.

Yes, heart has been part of my life for 4 years. Every day I have worried about and thought of nothing but heart. For it to have been a one way street feels very hollow and I am simply emotionally exhausted by this club. To hear that someone is going to take over who actually cares if its successful or not is such a relief I am at a point where I am willing to get behind just about anything providing they are going to follow through with their talk.

You know me. I am a pretty emotional guy so I suppose this is just me venting my frustration towards the previous owners.

• Like 1