Melbourne Football

Current squad

jw1739

3 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Release Berenguer and see whether Windy can be moved on. Noone, I am unsure about.

Berenguer is out of contract anyway. What's the issue with Windbichler - seemed OK in the finals series ? I agree Noone is a disappointment, but I also can't see why any mediocre player would head elsewhere in the middle of a pandemic. Where's Noone going to get a gig - League 2 in England?

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Berenguer is out of contract anyway. What's the issue with Windbichler - seemed OK in the finals series ? I agree Noone is a disappointment, but I also can't see why any mediocre player would head elsewhere in the middle of a pandemic. Where's Noone going to get a gig - League 2 in England?

He is back in England  at the moment Seen on IG  don’t know if he’s returning. He’s contracted that’s for sure 

Edited by CityBoyz

19 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

I think it's because people see him as the new Germano

Decent player but hardly ever around 

That applies to most of our visa player, some of them are hardly around in the matches. Windy (if fit) and Luna would be only 2 considering keeping in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

Interestingly city did not announce Noone departure today only Brilliante 

From what I understand Noone is still open to returning to club, it's just bloody hard for him to get back from UK, he is just waiting to see what happens and what's best for him

12 hours ago, Mr MO said:

No news on Delbridge who is out of contract by now, reckon he’s gone.

If he will be announced to have left, I reckon we definitely have Good and Windy locked in.

I think you can assume that anyone under contract for next season - that means Noone, Good and Windbichler -  will stay unless otherwise advised. The last I read was that Noone is prepared to stay but may not return from the UK because of entry restrictions. I read somewhere that Windbichler is still in Australia, so I can't see why both he and Good will not fulfil their contracts with us.

53 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think you can assume that anyone under contract for next season - that means Noone, Good and Windbichler -  will stay unless otherwise advised. The last I read was that Noone is prepared to stay but may not return from the UK because of entry restrictions. I read somewhere that Windbichler is still in Australia, so I can't see why both he and Good will not fulfil their contracts with us.

Windy and Good are as good a central defensive pairing as you'll find in this league. And even without Delbo, we have competent cover for central defence. And we have decent full backs with the ability to play on both sides. I guess what I'm concluding is that if we have to, we can cope without Delbo. 

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Windy and Good are as good a central defensive pairing as you'll find in this league. And even without Delbo, we have competent cover for central defence. And we have decent full backs with the ability to play on both sides. I guess what I'm concluding is that if we have to, we can cope without Delbo. 

We would certainly be a better footballing team going forward with Galloway, Good, Windy and Atkinson at the back. Personally I wouldn’t put Jamieson back in the eleven.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

We would certainly be a better footballing team going forward with Galloway, Good, Windy and Atkinson at the back. Personally I wouldn’t put Jamieson back in the eleven.

he is the captain.. unless paddy demotes him and makes Jmac captiain. But it is not often the captian is left out of the starting eleven if they are fit. 

Who do you propose as an aternative captain. 

34 minutes ago, citymad said:

he is the captain.. unless paddy demotes him and makes Jmac captiain. But it is not often the captian is left out of the starting eleven if they are fit. 

Who do you propose as an aternative captain. 

Curtis Good or Windbichler but Jamo is the heart and soul of the club 

Edited by CityBoyz