Melbourne Football

Grand Final Thread Melbourne City FC v Sydney FC 30/8 6:30pm Bankwest Stadium

NuggetsMcGreggor

That stings like a cunt, but couldn't ask for any more than we gave. Finally saw the never say die attitude we have been desperate for since the clubs inception. See all you chaps in Melbourne next year when we win the whole thingĀ 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

CONGRATS to the boys and Le Genius for an EXCELLENT season in very trying circumstances.

The best team won but it took a moment of brilliance by Bratts and the bogan, and a moment of blindness by our defence.

Fact is: We were never a true threat in front of goal.Ā Ā  But it was a tight contest.Ā 

Thanks Tommy Glover.Ā  Great performance.Ā 

Onwards and upwards next season, and let's just hope EM stays.Ā 

See you soon.

Spot on, we showed very little going forward, which really annoys me because supposedly thatā€™s where are money players are.

Mombaerts wonā€™t stay, too expensive - next year will on the cheap.

Edited by Mr MO

4 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Grants goal looked offside.Ā  No proper replay on it.Ā  No VAR, and our goal would have stood.Ā Ā 

Fuck FFA Shitney and the commentators can all fuck off as well.

Fuck Redders the time wasting shit fuck.Ā  Fuck Corica, fuck em All.Ā 

Grant was miles onside, sorry - Noone was asleep at the back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well that hurts a lot. To be fair though we didn't capitulate. We didn't get smashed in a big game like we have before. We ran it out to the end, kept them honest and put up with some bullshit sydney-centric decisions.Ā We have made massive strides, have a genuine group of young and established talent and a bright future.

The wheel almost turned tonight. As shattering as it feels, I'm confident it will turn next season.

• Like 1

Just now, mus-28 said:

Susaeta or Cabrera would'veĀ been handy tonight.Ā 

This would be such a long list.... And we ended up with Wales?!

Ā 

Also I'm sure Floppyburger is alright footballer, but you can't have your marquee only turning up for 3-4 games in a season.

• Thanks 2

Just now, haz said:

This would be such a long list.... And we ended up with Wales?!

Ā 

Also I'm sure Floppyburger is alright footballer, but you can't have your marquee only turning up for 3-4 games in a season.

I reckon your last paragraph is the difference between winning and not winning the league.

• Like 1

Just now, rass said:

Get rid of Najjarine please. Played 10 minutes and was already slower than anyone else on the pitch.

Not up to it, because Wales was focused on, but atm they both fall short. I wonder what he would be like getting the game time Wales did?

We can analyse who did what until we're blue in the face. But in a year when we havnt been home for 9 weeks, we lost in extra time after we had a disallowed goal.Ā 

Sometimes I think why do I bother with this team and club, but when I'm sitting on the floor just about crying when the final whistle went, I know why I do

I'm so proud of what we have become this season, in no way shape of form is this a failed season. It's disappointing as fuck. But now we have an ACL campaign to look forward to, and hopefully this is the last absolute kick in the ass we need to push that one very small step further.Ā 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We demand an investigation into the replacement of referee Chris Beath and his departure at a difficult time in such an important match. We ask for an examination of the grassland that was not suitable for the Melbourne City team, while Sydney players seem to be wearing shoes that cling to the long grass, so we saw City players fall during the game, while Sydney's players are steady.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tbh on balance fair result.Ā 

But we have found a couple genuine players.Ā 

Glover and Atkinson.Ā 

The rest put in and on a different day we would have won but we performed to a top level away.

Actually proud of the team and actually more proud of the club.

Sad but not bitter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

Tbh on balance fair result.Ā 

But we have found a couple genuine players.Ā 

Glover and Atkinson.Ā 

The rest put in and on a different day we would have won but we performed to a top level away.

Actually proud of the team and actually more proud of the club.

Sad but not bitter.

I honestly think we would have won if Metcalfe had started instead of Bereneguer

3 minutes ago, neio said:

We can analyse who did what until we're blue in the face. But in a year when we havnt been home for 9 weeks, we lost in extra time after we had a disallowed goal.Ā 

Sometimes I think why do I bother with this team and club, but when I'm sitting on the floor just about crying when the final whistle went, I know why I do

I'm so proud of what we have become this season, in no way shape of form is this a failed season. It's disappointing as fuck. But now we have an ACL campaign to look forward to, and hopefully this is the last absolute kick in the ass we need to push that one very small step further.Ā 

out of likes.