Melbourne Football

Grand Final Thread Melbourne City FC v Sydney FC 30/8 6:30pm Bankwest Stadium

NuggetsMcGreggor

1 minute ago, Red or Dead said:

I really can't work out what Wales offers. Speed cannot be the only factor for his selection. He can't cross, he can't shoot, he can't run at players, he can't even run laterally, it's literally just sprinting up and down the wing! 

Fuck you Wales, get fucked!!!! 

Even limited footballers can be useful, I mean Sydney have out of Buhagiar, he just does't seem football smart, or not aware.

Just now, belaguttman said:

I'm planning to watch the delayed telecast with the sound off

It will probably be better for your state of mind.

We have been largely in control, just every now and then they get the ball to Le'Fondra and it gets a bit nervy.

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

How did the ball get to Delbridge? I thought it was a deflection off Sydney? If thst were so, Wales would be onside wouldn’t he?

It's from the moment the ball was striked towards goal

It's up to interpretation, so in my bias I think it's a bit dubious.

Edited by moops

I don't understand the offside rule when it's like that. Go back many derbies to the Muscat own goal when berisha was offside. Why isn't that one offside, but this one is? Redmayne wasn't saving it anyway 

But anyway, real solid 45 minutes, all over them. Have to put one away. My heart won't cope much longer 

Just now, neio said:

I don't understand the offside rule when it's like that. Go back many derbies to the Muscat own goal when berisha was offside. Why isn't that one offside, but this one is? Redmayne wasn't saving it anyway 

But anyway, real solid 45 minutes, all over them. Have to put one away. My heart won't cope much longer 

That goal was full of controversy as well.

Yeah, I think we have been the better team.

1 minute ago, neio said:

Go back to the FFA cup semi against Victory when Cahill was in a similar position. No consistancy.

Just seen the Disallowed goal on Twitter, I don't think Wales was directly blocking Keeper's line of sight as Delbridge was shooting. Also it appeared Redmayne reacted to the shot without delay, but Wales was offside and technically he may have caused interference so technically there's some doubt as to why it should stand... bloody hell always some frigging GF controversy 

Well, just proves what we've always know; this fukn comp is so Sydney rigged it's laughable. The only surprise for me was dickfondler not getting that pen and Harper not on his knees for the prized gobby straight after.

Fuk you Sydney and your weasel faced rat fucking coach.

Keep going City, you deserve to be in front.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1