Melbourne Football

Grand Final Thread Melbourne City FC v Sydney FC 30/8 6:30pm Bankwest Stadium

NuggetsMcGreggor

54 minutes ago, neio said:

For all the shit we give CFG and what seemed to be the complete disregard for our history. This is the single greatest thing they have done for the real fans of this club, the ones who have been here for 10 years 

They’ve finally got it.
The penny has dropped.
When the chips are down, the supporters who give a fuck about this club and will stick by it through thick and thin are the “red & white brigade”. 
for mine, whilst I was hard on CFG (a lot) having their financial strength through this CF has been a God send.

Hopefully this season is the point where CFG and the true fans can come together and win lose or draw , playing the Grand Final in our colours is a bloody good start.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

They’ve finally got it.
The penny has dropped.
When the chips are down, the supporters who give a fuck about this club and will stick by it through thick and thin are the “red & white brigade”. 
for mine, whilst I was hard on CFG (a lot) having their financial strength through this CF has been a God send.

Hopefully this season is the point where CFG and the true fans can come together and win lose or draw , playing the Grand Final in our colours is a bloody good start.

Couldn't have said it better 👏

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dezy94 said:

2-1. Noone and Maclaren to score in the first 30 minutes, we then spend the rest of the game on the defensive and hold out for the win. Glover MOTM.

Play with Heart. Cmon City.

You want us to all be dead from heart attacks before we lift the dunny seat?!

• Haha 1

Without making it sound obvious the first 15 is critical for us. Sydney have been here before. Brillante, Windbichler and Noone have to settle the guys as quick as possible. As long as we don't get blown out of water through nerves early we will be fine

• Like 1

Today is my daughter's 7th birthday. She's been a Heart/City member since the day she was born 7 years ago so today is an extra special day in our home and since my lucky number is also 7 (I was born on the 7th) I'm taking it as a great omen that we're going to win tonight!

#GoHeart #GoCity #WeGatherStrengthAsWeGo

• Like 2

I'm tranquilo. I'm more concerned that we might lose Le Patron next season and lose momentum, we need 3 good seasons to cement the cultural change. We'll be in trouble if we fall behind, but hopefully the result will follow recent form. We're not watching it live as we've cancelled Foxtel/Kayo, and aren't with Telstra. The replay clashes with the Tour tonight, it depends on the result. If we lose I'll watch it with the sound off so that I don't have to hear the smug home boy Fox commentary