Melbourne Football

Grand Final Thread Melbourne City FC v Sydney FC 30/8 6:30pm Bankwest Stadium

NuggetsMcGreggor

In the grand final but I can’t help thinking that I’m still not convinced about our midfield imports. Are we deliberately playing such a industrious game style that we can’t put three passes together?  What happened tonight, fatigue, nerves? Both Luna and Florin looked injured.

24 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Fuck I hope we dont end up playing Perth. They always manage to ruin our parties

Yes they are our boogie team however I rather play them now I think.

Edited by Mr MO

I will be staggered if we wear red and white, but if anyone at that club has any form of understanding what I'd say 95% of fans want, we would be wearing red and white. 

The only way I can see us wearing red and white is if ffa say they want a complete contrast for the biggest game of season 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, neio said:

I will be staggered if we wear red and white, but if anyone at that club has any form of understanding what I'd say 95% of fans want, we would be wearing red and white. 

The only way I can see us wearing red and white is if ffa say they want a complete contrast for the biggest game of season 

Would indeed be interesting  to see what the club does, the might surprise us!

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

I presume that whoever wins it Brisbane get to play in the ACL next season...?

Sydney are straight into group stages, us and Brisbane go into qualifying but I'm not sure if we have to go through the first round of qualifying against the smaller nation teams like previous aleague qualifiers have, or if we skip the first as we finished 2nd

It would be too good to be true. The stars have aligned. This is the only scenario where it would be remotely plausible, playing Sydney FC and being the away team. It just has to happen. It makes sense from all perspectives, even if you ignore the sentiment, for the spectacle on TV the red and white is the perfect contrast to sky blue. For all the suffering us fans have been through for 10 years, there would be nothing better than lifting up the toilet seat wearing the red and white stripes. Make it happen!!!

Wow, we actually made it, last night although we where not totally dominant they did play generally with 5 across the back, and apart from 2 decent shots from distance in the 1st half and that close ranger in the second we didn't look like conceding. 

Massive massive win and ultimately we deserve to be in it.

Thinking ahead I'm concerned about 2 areas/positions. 

Firstly Berenguer. His form has been sublime since Christmas and has been a major factor as to our consistent level but last night he was below. Obviously he was carrying that calf and without knowing exactly I reackon he is the type of player that unless he is 100% he just doesn't perform.

Having Metcalfe available ready and capable for me he must start and use Berenguer for a 20/30 minute cameo.

Secondly Wales. I've been waiting and waiting but he just hasn't done enough to warrant a start. The issue though is that there isn't a clear replacement. And what I mean is that without shuffling a few around there isn't one standout alternative.  Possibly Galloway. 

Anyway I'm completely pumped for Sunday.

28 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Secondly Wales. I've been waiting and waiting but he just hasn't done enough to warrant a start. The issue though is that there isn't a clear replacement. And what I mean is that without shuffling a few around there isn't one standout alternative.  Possibly Galloway. 

Anyway I'm completely pumped for Sunday.

I think Galloway played well when he came on. More importantly, he can put in a decent cross.

For an out of the box tactic, maybe throw in big Najjar to bruise up the LB/RB then get Wales or Galloway to run at them for the last 30 minutes

6 minutes ago, haz said:

I think Galloway played well when he came on. More importantly, he can put in a decent cross.

For an out of the box tactic, maybe throw in big Najjar to bruise up the LB/RB then get Wales or Galloway to run at them for the last 30 minutes

Ramy can’t play right wing?

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Ramy can’t play right wing?

Not sure how minutes, but probably less than 10 in last 6 months, to me he is not an option. 

For the granny we can only start players that have played recently. So Galloway, Griffiths, Najar, Colakovski as options for the right wing. 

As I mentioned unless you shuffle completely which is also not an option for the final. 

48 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Firstly Berenguer. His form has been sublime since Christmas and has been a major factor as to our consistent level but last night he was below. Obviously he was carrying that calf and without knowing exactly I reackon he is the type of player that unless he is 100% he just doesn't perform.

I didn't think Berenguer was that bad last night, he wasn't at his best but he was serviceable. 

Don't let that dickhead Andy Harper get in your head, he laid the boots into Berenguer every chance he got saying he looked tired and heavy legged. His commentary was near on unprofessional last night the was he was flat out barracking for WU to win. Of those so called neutral experts Bozza is the only one who gives us any credit at any stage

Edited by neio
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, neio said:

I didn't think Berenguer was that bad last night, he wasn't at his best but he was serviceable. 

Don't let that dickhead Andy Harper get in your head, he laid the boots into Berenguer every chance he got saying he looked tired and heavy legged. His commentary was near on unprofessional last night the was he was flat out barracking for WU to win. Of those so called neutral experts Bozza is the only one who gives us any credit at any stage

Agree with your commentary opinion, but for me regardless what Harper was saying Berenguer did look off, and Mombarets confirmed this when he replaced him.

• Like 3