Melbourne Football

RD4 Brisbane vs MHFC, Suncorp 5pm EST

cadete

I think a win is possible, but requires overcoming some habits that have become ingrained under a bit of adversity, especially on the road.

Hopefully we can pressure Brisbane a bit higher up the park instead of playing most of the game in our defensive third. Hopefully that can also lead to holding the ball a bit more instead of being boxed in deep and hoofing it out of play or to isolated forwards. We've got the players to win. We just need to be a bit braver and take the game on, like we did when we were chasing the game in the last 20 or 30 minutes last week. If we can have Walker and Dugandzic on the right, I think it can definitely give us a dimension we lacked last week with Hoffman and Golgol. And Kewell can provide some class in the no 10 position if he plays, although with only 2 or 3 training sessions, I doubt he could be at his best.

I wouldn't put money on it though. I'll tip us to grind out a draw.

Edited by Sash

I think a win is possible, but requires overcoming some habits that have become ingrained under a bit of adversity, especially on the road.

Hopefully we can pressure Brisbane a bit higher up the park instead of playing most of the game in our defensive third. Hopefully that can also lead to holding the ball a bit more instead of being boxed in deep and hoofing it out of play or to isolated forwards. We've got the players to win. We just need to be a bit braver and take the game on, like we did when we were chasing the game in the last 20 or 30 minutes last week. If we can have Walker and Dugandzic on the right, I think it can definitely give us a dimension we lacked last week with Hoffman and Golgol. And Kewell can provide some class in the no 10 position if he plays, although with only 2 or 3 training sessions, I doubt he could be at his best.

One hopes, however we've never been good at playing throughout a midfield press with poor movement off the ball leaving the player in possession with no passing options and inevitable turnover. Roar are one of the more aggressive pressing teams, we have been one of the worst this season putting no pressure on the ball until its in our own half.If this continues Roar will dictate the tempo of the game with the inevitable result. I hope that I'm wrong.

One hopes, however we've never been good at playing throughout a midfield press with poor movement off the ball leaving the player in possession with no passing options and inevitable turnover. Roar are one of the more aggressive pressing teams, we have been one of the worst this season putting no pressure on the ball until its in our own half.If this continues Roar will dictate the tempo of the game with the inevitable result. I hope that I'm wrong.

Yeah, Brisbane are much better at moving the ball through a press. But I reckon we can get better value than them from any turnovers we create in midfield with our quick forwards. Especially with them missing Berisha. They will invariably have more possession, but whenever we can break up their movement near the half way line, we'll be in a much better position to transition quickly into dangerous positions. I think we maybe just need the balls to take them on more aggressively in that part of the ground.

• Like 1

The one time I'm hoping SST is 100% correct.

... for a change

Dont tell them that on twitter. They are a pretty sensitive bunch going by their comments on their last show. 

I like the show but fuck they need to improve their radio skill :droy:

Williams being interviewed: 

"We don't care where we are on the ladder... we're playing quite well but we just need a few things to go our way."

Hm... 

This. I'm not sure whether he in particular is a poor public speaker or there is a shit culture within the club but either this is extremely frustrating to hear as a paying member!

• Like 1

Williams being interviewed: 

"We don't care where we are on the ladder... we're playing quite well but we just need a few things to go our way."

Hm...

Sick of hearing this. I wish Williams wouldn't give interviews. Last week when he said that last year that the team didn't care what happened on the road, that was infuriating.