Melbourne Football

Matchday Thread

mus-28

Female Asian linesman.

Not a good combination when driving, and not a good combination for a referee.

Worst offside call I've seen in my life.

EDIT: Actually probably unfair on here, it's 'erase racism round' so FFA probably just chose a female asian linesman, to be inclusive, that has never actually officiated a game before.

Sarah Ho is Australian-born and has been FIFA-listed since 2004 and an A-League Assistant Referee since 2007.

It was a terrible decision, but the jibe wasn't necessary.

• Like 3

So the result stands. You beauty.

Must say I sympathise with Brisbane and Thijssen on this, despite the fact that we benefit from it. http://www.a-league.com.au/article/thijssen-fury-after-abandoned-match/zr7w9mgho3e1us3h610nq389 Therules are the rules, but this one is pretty absurd. Abandon the match on 44 minutes and the match is replayed - abandon the match on 46 minutes and the result stands.

IMO we'd all be up in arms if the positions were reversed and the decision went against the City.

I also agree with his comments on scheduling national matches. Perhaps it didn't matter when the Socceroos were all overseas-based, but when more come from the A-League then the situation changes.

The competition is no longer quite a level playing field.

• Like 1

Must say I sympathise with Brisbane and Thijssen on this, despite the fact that we benefit from it. http://www.a-league.com.au/article/thijssen-fury-after-abandoned-match/zr7w9mgho3e1us3h610nq389 Therules are the rules, but this one is pretty absurd. Abandon the match on 44 minutes and the match is replayed - abandon the match on 46 minutes and the result stands.

IMO we'd all be up in arms if the positions were reversed and the decision went against the City.

I also agree with his comments on scheduling national matches. Perhaps it didn't matter when the Socceroos were all overseas-based, but when more come from the A-League then the situation changes.

Everyone else is in the same situation though when it comes to losing players for national duty. If your playing list is deep enough you should be fine.

Everyone else is in the same situation though when it comes to losing players for national duty. If your playing list is deep enough you should be fine.

In our case we're losing our most influential player so far this season for arguably the most important match of the regular season. It is not reasonable to suggest that if we had done things right a few months ago we should have someone in our squad of similar calibre to step into his shoes seamlessly. Especially in a league where there is a cap on salary and on numbers.

Many national leagues are suspended when their national team is playing. Doing the same here is IMO just one of the steps that FFA needs to take to help our game progress.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree on this one.

• Like 1