Melbourne Football

RND 3 Heart v Perth (Sun 27th - away)

Cinnamon

It should be remembered that Kewell did very little training and preparation for the derby, and he was class for 70 minutes. 4 players had cramp that game, and Kewell wasn't one of them.

I agree that Kewell's whiplash was a freak injury. Because it's a freak injury, once he's over it he shouldn't have any niggling injuries. I'm not sure how long Kewell will be able to play this weekend, but soon enough he will be able to play for 90 minutes, like he did for multiple game in pre-season.

No need at all to worry about Kewell and (serious) injuries at the moment.

• Like 1

I confess I've been a Foxtel snob for away fixtures since hearts first season and only watched away games at home in close reach of my beer fridge. Due to circumstances out of my control this little utopia of mine no longer has Foxtel so I must venture out(missing our first away win in 2years is not an option)... so, where do the heart faithful gather to watch away fixtures?

I confess I've been a Foxtel snob for away fixtures since hearts first season and only watched away games at home in close reach of my beer fridge. Due to circumstances out of my control this little utopia of mine no longer has Foxtel so I must venture out(missing our first away win in 2years is not an option)... so, where do the heart faithful gather to watch away fixtures?

The blue oyster bar.
  • Like 1

The blue oyster bar.

You'll be the one at the end of the bar with the chaps on I suppose?

The blue oyster bar.

You'll be the one at the end of the bar with the chaps on I suppose?

https://www.facebook...59024617461228/

See ya there mate.

And lets try get as many PPL down there as possible. :up:

Why watch the game alone at home when u can watch it with your fellow Heart Fans? :hmm:

Well the cucumber sandwiches my wife makes are on par with those we eat over in premium 'a' reserve seating but hey, I'll try anything once so see you all on Sunday

• Like 1

I urge any and all heart supporters to get down to the IMP for Sunday's match.

Away game culture is a huge part of terrace life and the pub is central to it all.

Let's start this year's away fixture viewing off with a bang.

GET DOWN TO THE IMP!

:up:

Would love to but with the misses now at in the last week of her pregnancy, i cant make it.

Will be watching it at home with the misses trying out my new suround sound system :D

Offloaded Bosschart is still wages being payed Bosschart, they surely couldn't sign anyone of value.

:blink:  :huh:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

Solid point.

I meant that even if they've gotten rid of his wages, they still have to pay him through the end of the season.

Ah.

Do they? Where do you get that from?

Is there a possibility that they might be able to pay the compensation outside of the cap in a lump-sum now, and therefore leave space in the salary cap?

Offloaded Bosschart is still wages being payed Bosschart, they surely couldn't sign anyone of value.

Solid point.

I meant that even if they've gotten rid of his wages, they still have to pay him through the end of the season.

Ah.

Is there a possibility that they might be able to pay the compensation outside of the cap in a lump-sum now, and therefore leave space in the salary cap?

As soon as you sign someone and they're registered (which is where Sydney might have done the dodgy) then their salary counts towards your cap for the season.

Solid point.

Ah.

As soon as you sign someone and they're registered (which is where Sydney might have done the dodgy) then their salary counts towards your cap for the season.

Yes, but when the contract is cancelled, and they get unregistered, does their salary for the remainder of the season remain?

Solid point.

Ah.

Yes, but when the contract is cancelled, and they get unregistered, does their salary for the remainder of the season remain?

When a contract is terminated then it is just that - terminated. That means it is no longer valid. Therefore the player is no longer eligible to play for the club concerned. Therefore the player is deleted from the playing list. Therefore there is a place available in the squad.

Any monies paid out as a result of the termination count towards the cap for that season.

The salary cap is easily manipulated, as is blatantly obvious from the situation at Sydney FC.

Anyway as interesting as the Sydney City Slicker's Salary Cap is...

Who else is having money on the Wee Man to score the first goal on his debut for the Red and White?

Not having this bet but will be having some of the $34 about him with sportsbet.com.au being the leagues top scorer for the season.

Me too. 

As long we put long balls over his head to run on to as opposed to on top of his head, he'll score bags this season.

Anyway as interesting as the Sydney City Slicker's Salary Cap is...

Who else is having money on the Wee Man to score the first goal on his debut for the Red and White?

Not having this bet but will be having some of the $34 about him with sportsbet.com.au being the leagues top scorer for the season.

Can anyone not believe he's not even quoted on tote? Ridiculous.

So a certain William Gallas is reportedly signing with Perth in the coming days.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1171221/Glory-swoops-for-French-star-Gallas

I reckon Gallas could be a pretty good signing for Perth, especially since he'll play alongside Thwaite.

Good to read in that article that Gallas won't play until 16 November though, so Gallas won't be playing against us this round.

Preview: Perth Glory v Melbourne Heart

By Dejan Kalinic

Perth Glory and Melbourne Heart will meet in Round 3 of the 2013-14 A-League season at nib Stadium on Sunday October 27 at 5pm AEDT.

Head-to-head:

Played: 10, Wins: Glory 4, Heart 3, Draws: 3

Previous encounter:

Heart 2-0 Glory, February 9 2013

Form:

Past five matches:

Glory: DLWWW

Heart: DDWLD

The Game:

Both the Heart and the Glory need a win to kick-start their season at nib Stadium, but the hosts have more to lose after their sluggish start to the campaign. Alistair Edwards' men played out a disappointing 0-0 draw in Newcastle after losing 3-1 to Adelaide in the opening round. A return to Perth is a welcome relief, especially against a side perhaps still hurting after giving up a two-goal lead in the previous round. John Aloisi's Heart led Central Coast 2-0 before a pair of Marcos Flores penalties helped the Mariners secure a fortunate point at AAMI Park. Heart held city rivals Victory to a scoreless draw in the opening round but will be eager to get a win ahead of tough matches against Brisbane and Western Sydney.

The big issue:

Glory – finding goals without injured star striker Shane Smeltz continues to be an issue for Perth. They managed one through Ryo Nagai in Adelaide but struggled against the Jets, with the trip to Hunter Stadium a winnable affair they failed to take advantage of. Nagai and Sidnei look dangerous while Jamie Maclaren needs to do more up front. Perhaps including teenager Daniel De Silva in the starting line-up may be what the Glory need.

Heart – Aloisi's men are finally put to the test interstate this season. It was their record outside Victoria last season which proved costly. Outside of their home state last season, the Heart played out a draw and remarkably tasted defeat 11 times. That record may improve courtesy of their counter-attacking style, which appears the way Aloisi intends to play regularly. Sitting back and using their pace on the break could suit Heart against a Glory side who like to keep possession.

The game breaker:

David Williams – the Heart speedster scored a brace against the Mariners and probably should have had a hat-trick. Replacing Harry Kewell behind the striker, Williams impressed and is one of several Heart attackers suited by their counter-attacking style. Malta international Michael Mifsud appears likely to start up front and that pace, as well as Williams' energy, has the Heart well-placed to end their dreadful away record.

Prediction: Glory 0-1 Heart

The Heart are yet to concede from anywhere but the penalty spot this season and Aloisi's new set up should make them difficult to break down again. Rob Wielaert and Patrick Kisnorbo have combined well in the centre of defence, while Aziz Behich has been solid at left-back and Jason Hoffman better than most expected on the right. Without Smeltz, Perth have found it difficult to score despite Sidnei impressing. A goal may be all that separates these two teams and Heart may well find it on the break to claim their first win outside Victoria since December 2011.

http://www.sportal.com.au/football/a-league/preview-perth-glory-v-melbourne-heart/ndht6pdjacqq1vw76v1wkzy46

Edited by Murfy1