Melbourne Football

Football Manager 2014

Tesla

Strangely, the simpler the tactic you use, the more successful I've been so far, a 442 has Everton top of the league at Christmas.

Keisuke honda for only 1.6 million looks an absolute peach, he and Barkley make for a damn attractive midfield pairing.

Another steal from CSKA, last edition pre-patch it was Dzagoev.

Anyone know a site to purchase it for cheap?

I just saw earlier that GMG have it on sale for the 'weekend', think coupon still works though: GMG25-3P6V5-3Q850

Plus if you register using my referral link http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=pulajoxi and buy the game then both you and I get a $2 credit on our next purchases (saved me like $22 this year from people I referred last year :up:).

PS if coupon doesnt work there was a preorder coupon which should still work since it's still preorder, was like 20% I think, try googling.

Why's the price gone up this year?

Was $40 on Steam last year.

No it wasn't, not initially at least, it was $90 on steam lol. It was cheaper though if you didn't buy directly on steam, got it $26 from GMG last year on preorder, $37.50 this year on GMG preorder, both times with coupon. Though I only had to pay like $15 after using all my referral credit :up:

Thanks. I found a site which sells it for $42. They send a code to download it from steam.

GMG was few $ cheaper than that with coupon and they do the same thing (send you steam key)

• Like 1

Why's the price gone up this year?

Was $40 on Steam last year.

No it wasn't, not initially at least, it was $90 on steam lol. It was cheaper though if you didn't buy directly on steam, got it $26 from GMG last year on preorder, $37.50 this year on GMG preorder, both times with coupon. Though I only had to pay like $15 after using all my referral credit :up:

Thanks. I found a site which sells it for $42. They send a code to download it from steam.

GMG was few $ cheaper than that with coupon and they do the same thing (send you steam key)

I paid $40 directly from Steam, and it wasn't discounted at the time, within a week of it coming out.

Must have just been $90 on preorder then.

FFS keen for full release, haven't even played yet, all I've done is open the game and then realised I cbf playing until full release. Will go back to managing Australia this year, picking up club jobs as I go along. Will have to recreate the Australian league in editor though, to remove salary cap etc. so the league can improve over time. Or might do Macedonia instead, more fun managing a European nation TBH.

Edited by Tesla

Actually, thinking about it, both are too much effort since I have to edit shit, and also I cbf waiting until full release for the editor. Belgium would be a fun game but I did that in FM13 and it was probably slightly too easy, plus now they have a lot more talent than a year ago, so that rules Belgium out. I'm thinking Switzerland, really ticks all the boxes.

So there's now an in game editor, right click and you can add a player to your team, crickey :D

It's an additional purchase, doesn't come standard, and there has been similar real time editors at least since the series became known as football manager, maybe even earlier, just now it's an official one and actually built in to the game.

Tbh doesn't look as powerful as FMRTE, but it's out first, so don't know which to buy, I like to have one just to constantly take all of Man Utds money away :up:

RTE's can fuck off rofl, the general .dbc updates that update all transfers etc, make more of that finance/debt stuff more accurate anyway. 5th with Villa, 1st of January, probably don't deserve to be there but will take it seeing as expectation is to stay clear of relegation and had a transfer budget of 0, Christian Benteke is a beast.

Edited by DutchPride

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

how do you get better youth and training facilities?

Wait till the board give you them. Requesting is the best you can do, and giving an ultimatum of you want to take the risk. If they say no due to money then improve your finances and then ask again. At the end of the day you might just have an unambitious chairman who won't want to improve them.

The reason you give for why you want them can sometimes help, too.

Often picking the ones about rivalry do a bit better than the ones about keeping up standards.

Yeah I find that too. I often pick the ones about 'being left behind by other clubs' and if my club has the money to pay for it I don't get much resistance.

Like Tesla said though it could be an unambitious chairman. If you still can't get them to agree open up the editor and have a look at the chairman's ambition attributes.

• 3 weeks later...

any way of creating a two tier comp for the Aleague cause south melbounre and other Nsl clubs are on the game  

Do a google search and check out sites like fm-base.co.uk and sortitoutsi.

There's heaps of custom leagues you can find that people have built.

EDIT: Found something on FM Base, haven't tried it myself so don't know how good it is. It doesn't give the A-League a second division but it creates all the regional divisions so you can play them, has 8 tiers and 42 divisions. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=8607

Otherwise you can try and create a second Division on the Edit but it's hard to get that to work without bugs.

Edited by King Malta

Started playing 2013 again after getting my new laptop. 

After winning the first 5 out of 7, Bolton and Redmayne are both out for 2 months injured which lead to 4 losses in a row, Maynard just went down in my last game which now leaves me with Bray as my only goalkeeper. 

• 2 months later...

Lost the 2018 WC to England (managing Belgium). English kunts have my number I struggle every time I meet them, had spain in my WC qualifying group and beat them both matches for example, beat Brazil and Argentina in friendlies, win every match in the WC until the final with no problems, but England does me over every time. Kunts. I'm number 1 on the FIFA rankings despite that, such has been my dominance of international football, England are 2nd.

The biased English kunts that make this game probably rig it :up:

Lost the 2018 WC to England (managing Belgium). English kunts have my number I struggle every time I meet them, had spain in my WC qualifying group and beat them both matches for example, beat Brazil and Argentina in friendlies, win every match in the WC until the final with no problems, but England does me over every time. Kunts. I'm number 1 on the FIFA rankings despite that, such has been my dominance of international football, England are 2nd.

The biased English kunts that make this game probably rig it :up:

If they could rig it so that my defenders actually track their runners that would be great.

• Like 1